Boise State, SDSU, and BYU looking at rejoining MWC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise State, SDSU, and BYU looking at rejoining MWC

ESPN is saying Boise, SDSU, and not as important at the moment BYU heading back to the MWC. If we lose Boise and SDSU, this conference is DONE. Not good.

Edit... they are CONSIDERING going back.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rn-sources-say
    Last edited by dbernie41; 11-19-2012, 10:23 PM.

Originally posted by dbernie41 View Post
    ESPN is saying Boise, SDSU, and not as important at the moment BYU heading back to the MWC. If we lose Boise and SDSU, this conference is DONE. Not good.
    That's not exactly what Brett McMurphy at ESPN is reporting. Those schools are in talks with the MWC, but nothing is settled.

That's not to say it won't happen, but it's not a done deal.

Comment

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ward-big-east/

This says otherwise, but we all know that you can talk out of each side of your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
        That's not exactly what Brett McMurphy at ESPN is reporting. Those schools are in talks with the MWC, but nothing is settled.

That's not to say it won't happen, but it's not a done deal.
        Lately, by the time we hear someone is 'in talks', the logos on the field are already being changed.
        I'm ready to give up and accept the Bearcats fate as an also-ran. This is just frustrating.

Comment

Expansion fallout: Houston can get out of deal with Big East without penalty

Sorry to pile on....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ithout-penalty

Comment

Originally posted by bearcattom View Post
            When CUSA teams are rethinking whether or not they want to join, it's very hard to remain optimistic.

Comment

Boise staying put in the MWC?

More noise on Boise staying put in the MWC from the Evil Sports Programming Network tonight:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...bbing-big-east

They'd better make up their damn mind soon. BTW, I thought Andy Katz was a BB guy , not FB.
              RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                More noise on Boise staying put in the MWC from the Evil Sports Programming Network tonight:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...bbing-big-east

They'd better make up their damn mind soon. BTW, I thought Andy Katz was a BB guy , not FB.
                Everything Katz is reporting came @dennisdoddCBS. And based on what I've read, Only Boise is considering backing out.

CBS just took a hit on their TV contract with the MWC to try and keep the league together.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just now:

@SIPeteThamel
                  My @sinow realignment update. Boise gone. Catholic 7 going to 12. $3 million payout. Fox TV likely landing spot. http://m.si.com/627787/whats-next-fo...ic-7-big-east/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wait for the next ACC raid, I guess.

Comment

So basically we are an independent... This keeps getting worse and worse, I just have this bad feeling we will end up being completely irrelevent.

Comment

Originally posted by Banter View Post
                        So basically we are an independent... This keeps getting worse and worse, I just have this bad feeling we will end up being completely irrelevent.
                        We can't and won't. The Ohio and Cincinnati market are to important to either the ACC or Big 12. I believe this will all start to settle out again after the bowl season and before February.
                        Cpaw

Fortune Favors the Bold

Comment

Originally posted by Cpaw View Post
                          We can't and won't. The Ohio and Cincinnati market are to important to either the ACC or Big 12. I believe this will all start to settle out again after the bowl season and before February.
                          Exactly. We are in a better position than UConn or USF. BC already delivers the NE market to the ACC, I don't know how much more they'd add on top of what BC and SU deliver. FSU delivers the FL market. If FSU bolts for the B12, then USF could get an invite. UC delivers a new TV market to both the ACC and B12.

Either way, we'll still be playing BE football in 2013.
                          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Why not go 'Indy' until conferences are ready for 16. At least we'd finalize some schedules

Comment

I think we are almost already and independent. Scheduling has got to be a bear right now. It would be nice if you could plan on these teams leaving staying put for the expected terms, but as we have seen that's not always the case. A lot of money/lawyers are going to be involved. A pr disaster for college sports continues.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X