OT: NKU to Division One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: NKU to Division One

This has been rumored for some time, and was officially announced a few days ago:

NKU is joining the Atlantic Sun Conference.

Originally they tried to get in the Horizon League (which is mostly a conference full of their academic peers like Cleveland State, Wright State, Youngstown State, etc.), but were turned down because the Horizon doesn't want to split Butler's tournament money with anyone else. Then they tried to get in the Ohio Valley, but word on the street is that they were turned down because the conference feared that a member without a football team would dominate the conference.
    UC MBA '08
    Purdue '15

Yeah,then thE OVC invites BeLmont instead as if they won't dominate the OVC!

Comment

I, for one, am beyond excited about this. I'm a lifelong Bearcat fan, but I'm also an NKU alum. It will be really fun to start rooting for them too, when they move up. Nothing wrong with having another rooting interest...that isn't that evil school across town.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaisevil View Post
        I, for one, am beyond excited about this. I'm a lifelong Bearcat fan, but I'm also an NKU alum. It will be really fun to start rooting for them too, when they move up. Nothing wrong with having another rooting interest...that isn't that evil school across town.
        No ties, but I'm happy for the NKU fanbase and my friends who went there. I'd rather see UC play NKU than South Carolina - Upstate. Adding a 4th D1 school to the local metro is a good thing.
        RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X