Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCS officials want to lend stability to new system

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...DMN_story.html

Once the big boys have arranged the conferences to their personal liking, then the BCS (and the conferences) will do all they can do to stabilize them where they are.

That's how I read this.

Comment

This makes me fully understand the BCS. It is designed to place #1 vs #2 to crown a champion. The other BCS bowls are consolation prizes. So, if this will continue to be the case, the only think that may change is either 1, adding another bowl (Cotton?), awarding a BCS bid to MWC/CUSA or some other, and having 3 "at large" births....or 2, leaving as is.

The "Big Boys" will pitch their b!tch about the Big East not deserving a bid, but I don't think I will get very far. No Big East team has ever played in the BCS national title game (although we were close), so what is their gripe?

The system seems to be working just fine if you ask me.

Comment

Eliminate other conferences(Beast), add more teams that qualify for BCS bowl games from the same conference(currently 2) boils down to - PURE FRICKN' GREED!
        JDBearcat
        RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

Nothing will happen with the status quo even after 2013 because it would likely violate ESPN's TV contract with the BCS. So once again a big middle finger to ESPN from me.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Possible changes in BCS may impact BYU

There's a chance that AQ bids could go away. How could this affect BYU, which is mulling a move to the Big East?

"Conferences such as the Big East, which are in danger of losing their AQ status, are trying to recruit successful football programs — Boise State, for example — to improve their standing," Wojciechowski writes. "But according to a conference official familiar with the content of the BCS meetings, the Big East would be affected by any model that forces the league to forfeit its AQ standing.
            http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...mpact-BYU.html

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X