Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 6: Hall of Fame Classic - Arkansas 11/23 9:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Time for Miller to quit playing around and start his best players. This is what I believe the starting lineup should be:
    - DeJulius
    ​​​​​​- Mikey
    - Davenport
    ​​​​​- Lahkin
    - Oguama

    Asking Davenport to play power forward is unnecessary. Newman is trash. This team actually needs McGinnis. Madsen can’t get open against athletes. MAW is a backup.
    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
      Time for Miller to quit playing around and start his best players. This is what I believe the starting lineup should be:
      - DeJulius
      ​​​​​​- Mikey
      - Davenport
      ​​​​​- Lahkin
      - Oguama

      Asking Davenport to play power forward is unnecessary. Newman is trash. This team actually needs McGinnis. Madsen can’t get open against athletes. MAW is a backup.
      saw that about MM last year and then he tries to compensate by quick shots. The boy needs more coaching than what his daddy gave him and his brother.

      Comment


      • #48
        It is hard to win games when the other team gets to shoot free throws every possession for the final 8 minutes. I guess getting cheated just means we are back.

        Comment


        • #49
          Wow, all of the coaches on this forum are coming out of the woodwork. One loss and things are going to **** in a handbasket. Coach Wes has been successful and I believe will continue to be and he knows the players better than anyone so I trust him to make the right decisions, not that any of us have a say in the matter. I don't think calling players names is appropriate on any forum.
          I think we will enjoy watching this team and the ones to come. .

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
            Wow, all of the coaches on this forum are coming out of the woodwork. One loss and things are going to **** in a handbasket. Coach Wes has been successful and I believe will continue to be and he knows the players better than anyone so I trust him to make the right decisions, not that any of us have a say in the matter. I don't think calling players names is appropriate on any forum.
            I think we will enjoy watching this team and the ones to come. .
            Don’t be so fragile. I think we all agree that Coach Miller was a homerun hire. The purpose of a fan site is for fans to voice our opinions/perspectives. I’ve actually seen them practice. I get what he’s doing. You recruit guys, make promises, but the talent delta is becoming obvious is some situations.
            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

            Comment


            • #51
              Overall an encouraging performance. I really wanted that one. In some ways, its nice to be bummed out by a tough loss against a good team versus being frustrated by losses to Bowling Green, USF, etc.

              I think -- as others have mentioned -- rebounding was the big difference.

              I hate, hate blaming refs. But, man, I was really frustrated by the whistle last night. Not sure if it was the same ref or multiple guys, but they were really feeling themselves with those animated charge calls. With 2-3 minutes left, there was that play with the deflected pass or whatever where David DeJulius' defender clearly grabbed/held him, then the Arkansas guy dives for the ball and slides several feet (travel?) and other guy gets the ball and slices through two UC guys and picks up a whistle somehow.... And that Davenport miss towards the end seemed to have some contact that, if nothing else, was at least as much contact as the ticky-tack fouls UC was getting called for. Unreal.

              Comment


              • #52
                Tough loss last night, but it was an encouraging game with many positive moments. It has been a while since I've watched a Cincinnati team that has the potential to compete on both sides of the floor.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Amazing quote from Wes Miller https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...82087470395397

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
                    Wow, all of the coaches on this forum are coming out of the woodwork. One loss and things are going to **** in a handbasket. Coach Wes has been successful and I believe will continue to be and he knows the players better than anyone so I trust him to make the right decisions, not that any of us have a say in the matter. I don't think calling players names is appropriate on any forum.
                    I think we will enjoy watching this team and the ones to come. .
                    I agree with what Jeff said. For the most part our players executed a good game and we are still looking at a bright future. We hung with the #13 team in the nation the whole game. Our guys have no reason to hang their heads. We got beat because the Razorbacks executed their game plan which included shutting down Davenport. He had ZERO points, The hogs also beat us on the offensive boards. They had eighteen offensive rebounds and out rebounded us 46-32. It's hard to beat a team when you give them multiple second and third chance shots.

                    Overall I was disappointed we lost but happy with the effort of our Bearcats. Coach Miller knows the areas that need work and I am looking for improvement as the season progresses.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      That is a great quote from Wes! Love the guy.

                      We have no one on this roster who can't play at this level. These kids have good nights and off nights. To bash their off nights is unfair and knee jerk.
                      MM is playing his role very well. Take the 3 when open. He has very few shots in several games but keeps playing good defense and distributing when he can. I hope we don't start on his butt like last year. Detractors must be watching a different game.

                      Shot selection still needs work. Anyone who gets open in the structure of the offense is capable of shooting and scoring. Trying to take over the game by jacking bad shots has hurt. I think this will improve once addressed.

                      We have 2 point guards on the floor almost all the time. Drive, draw and DISH for open shots. Spread the wealth. Assists/baskets ratio must improve.

                      7 games left before conference. Miami away might be tougher than anticipated. Eggs at their place will be tough. If we can win all 7 and go in 12-1 we will be ranked and respected. Git er done!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
                        Wow, all of the coaches on this forum are coming out of the woodwork. One loss and things are going to **** in a handbasket. Coach Wes has been successful and I believe will continue to be and he knows the players better than anyone so I trust him to make the right decisions, not that any of us have a say in the matter. I don't think calling players names is appropriate on any forum.
                        I think we will enjoy watching this team and the ones to come. .
                        I said that about MM the entire season last year especially his taking pt away from Zach Harvey. So relax before you comment. Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                          That is a great quote from Wes! Love the guy.

                          We have no one on this roster who can't play at this level. These kids have good nights and off nights. To bash their off nights is unfair and knee jerk.
                          MM is playing his role very well. Take the 3 when open. He has very few shots in several games but keeps playing good defense and distributing when he can. I hope we don't start on his butt like last year. Detractors must be watching a different game.

                          Shot selection still needs work. Anyone who gets open in the structure of the offense is capable of shooting and scoring. Trying to take over the game by jacking bad shots has hurt. I think this will improve once addressed.

                          We have 2 point guards on the floor almost all the time. Drive, draw and DISH for open shots. Spread the wealth. Assists/baskets ratio must improve.

                          7 games left before conference. Miami away might be tougher than anticipated. Eggs at their place will be tough. If we can win all 7 and go in 12-1 we will be ranked and respected. Git er done!
                          The proof is in production and not talk.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Y'all getting your Thanksgiving family arguments and holiday stress out on here already?

                            I think we looked pretty darn good this whole weekend. We certainly could have done some things better last night but we almost won that game against a ranked team basically playing 5 on 8.

                            You can critique the team without insulting the members of the team directly. Take is easy on the derogatory names please.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 11-25-2021, 12:52 PM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              [QUOTEHe’s the =longtimefan;n386039]
                              My bigger problem tonight was Davenport, who gave us nothing, and the blown point blank shot to go up under a minute was the nail in the coffin. Also not sure we had our best lineup in at the end, we couldn’t get a rebound. Still, this team has been a pleasant surprise so far. Officiating was really questionable too.[/QUOTE]

                              Couldn't agree more! While you can say, and it is true, a made/missed shot in the first half has just as much impact as one in the final seconds, Davenport had a 6" put back with under a minute that would have given UC the lead back instead of having Arkansas up 1 and with the ball. The game closes out very differently under those circumstances. Not saying we would have won, but whole ending sequence is entirely different.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Here's what I see in MM this year. He's stronger and quicker and playing much better position defense than last year. His shot has been off so far but I think he will dial it in. He's seems to be a bit rushed. The positive thing with him and all the guys is they have bought into the coach and the culture and I think the ceiling is high for this team.

                                Comment

                                Responsive Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X