No announcement yet.

Game 6: Hall of Fame Classic - Arkansas 11/23 9:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davenport and maw are just not athletic enough for this system. I think the o rebounds killed us but the pathetic refs helped by calling everything on us which allowed arkansas the freedom to play more aggressive. I have been a bearcat fan my whole life and we always get the crap end of the stick but this was the worst officiating game in the longest time. Every foul went on is, every 50 50 ball knocked out of bounce was off on us. Those refs were terrible, it felt like a tournament game but no way they would be that bias . Newman needs to stop shooting. Play through mikey and dd and vik. It was a great game that had the foul disparity been somewhat normal we prolly win by 10. Charge on mikey at end was a block u cant slide underneath a player once he takes flight. I dont get how they can be on tv and be that one sided.

Comment

Oguama had 10 rebounds in 17 minutes, but the refs took him out with fouls. Still with 4 fouls he should have been on the court the last two minutes.

Comment

And to add the offensive over the back call on vik was almost pathetic. Same exact thing Arkansas did all night. They were in bonus 5 minutes into 2and half. Unbeluevable

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
          They were a DeJulius career game away from getting blown out. They missed McGinnis. He’s there best shooter and best athlete. He’s looked amazing in practice.
          DDJ headed for a huge year if he doesn’t wear out. I think we’ll see a lot more games like tonight.

Comment

Charge on mikey at end was a block u cant slide underneath a player once he takes flight. I dont get how they can be on tv and be that one sided.
            I was screaming at the TV. Everything by UC was a charge, every rebound attempt was a foul on UC.

Comment

Got dominated on the boards, -14 rebounds, -12 offensive rebounds. A # of bad shots for the Cats didn't help. Davenport 0 points. No one else stepped-up on offense outside of the guards. Still could've won that game, led with 2 min's left. I think they're def a top 25 team, Arkansas looks legit, Bearcats should improve hopefully.

Comment

A great game to watch. Bearcats did not play to their ability though. Out rebounded, which is a 180 from yesterday's game, and over fouled. Nevertheless, with more time together I think this is going to be a fun team to watch this year.

Comment

It wasn't a perfect performance and we can all sit here and itemize the flaws, but its hard to second guess their heart and effort. You know it wasn't but a couple weeks ago most of our fans and posters to this site were hopeful we could be competitive and had very guarded expectations. Now we win a few games, get encouraged, and immediately expect this newly formed group of kids to play like national champion contenders every night. I think we need to step back a second, realize just how far we have come in a short time, appreciate the appeal of the kids, the style of play, the coaching approach, the cohesive roster, and have a little patience as this product develops. There is a **** of a lot more to be encouraged about at this point than to gripe at. That was a legit top 10 team, fast long and basically playing in front of a home crowd. Our guys didn't flinch for the most part and had a genuine chance to win the game. Coach learned a lot about our kids and has plenty to build from. Some of our guys really stepped up, others not so much. In a very general overstatement, the main thing we need to address in order to keep moving forward is the lack of assists. At this point we have a point guard dominated approach. Last night, that worked out pretty well but if we don't involve the bigs and even the wings in scoring and shot distribution, we will live and die with dependence on our little guys to score amongst the trees or hit 3's which is not a recipe for continued success.
                  I love this team and remain very excited about the prospects. A little better ball distribution and they will be so unpredictable no one will be able to prepare for them. Our depth is awesome, but depth means scoring diversity and not just extra bodies. Lets all just stay behind these kids and this style and root like heck and trust the system. A team that has different leading scorers on a regular basis is gonna be hard to beat.
                  Go Bearcats! Lets get some W's pre conference, beat Eggs, and then shock the world with AAC results far better then the projected 6th place the uninformed have projected for us.

Comment

I was really hoping to saying 13-0 Bearcats and people having to ask which one.
                    Josh Rexhausen
                    CE'99

Comment

We played hard but not well. The Bigs have to be more of a factor scoring and rebounding. I love the fight in this team and the depth. Glad to hear in the postgame that WM was "pissed off" with a loss. He'll get them refocused and they will get better. I'm glad it's November and not March......lots of time to improve.

Comment

Great effort but came up short. Ark had 19 more free throw attempts. BS! Our bigs need to rebound better. On to our next victim.

Comment

out quicked under the def boards and too many quick shots. I was not for MM last year, but was hoping he would improve. There is still time hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
                            Got dominated on the boards, -14 rebounds, -12 offensive rebounds. A # of bad shots for the Cats didn't help. Davenport 0 points. No one else stepped-up on offense outside of the guards. Still could've won that game, led with 2 min's left. I think they're def a top 25 team, Arkansas looks legit, Bearcats should improve hopefully.
                            That's one of the bummers is that a win would have put us in the top 25 but I think we'll get there eventually. I like that we are playing some of these better teams early in the year so the guys see how much work they have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
                              it was a good game against a very good team. I think MAW and Davenport had an off night. Way too fouls called on us and we did not fight hard enough for rebounds.

Reddog has eloquently said it best we will learn a lot from this game. The guy guarding JD just would not allow him to get open. He deserves kudos he played a good game. Arkansas is a good team and there was some questionable calls throughout the game but we were still in it until JD missed the put back underneath. But the game was lost on the boards. We just didn't rebound worth a sh#t and it cost us. They had multiple shots at their rim twice that I recall once resetting the clock two times. However I'm impressed with how physical #1 Arkansas was and #2 at how the refs allowed Arkansas to be so aggressive and yet our team did not back down. They kept coming back. The other thing that stands out is that Ark. has played together longer than we have. It takes time to learn each other, more than 6 games. We'll learn from this. Finally we came in having to play consecutive games against two top 20 teams to win a tournament and almost pulled it off. Gave them all they wanted.
                              Last edited by Rufus; 11-24-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Here's the Box Score. My only nitpick is why Oguama wasn't on the floor more if he's getting 10 rebounds to lead the team in only 17 minutes of playing time. He had twice as many rebounds as the next Bearcat. Even if he's an offensive liability (?) he was more productive then Davenport last night.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401377085
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X