Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 5: Hall of Fame Classic - Illinois 11/22 6:30 ESPNNews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    I just went from being cautiously optimistic for the season to genuinely excited. I knew Wes was going to be a great hire but never expected to start so quickly... Illinois looked gassed and uninterested after the first 6minutes and we never let up.
    When do we start worrying about Wes leaving for a bigger job like Fickell? Kidding, sort of. In all seriousness, everything about the Wes Miller hire has been an A if not an A+ so far. Oh well he didn't get Tari back or land every recruit so far. Let's get the W tomorrow.

    Also, nice to play in a real event. Not intending to take a Cronin shot, but if he were still here UC probably would have just beaten Nebraska with DePaul and Louisiana Tech in the other semifinals at some junior college in Florida with a $9.99 subpar online stream as the broadcast options.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

      When do we start worrying about Wes leaving for a bigger job like Fickell? Kidding, sort of. In all seriousness, everything about the Wes Miller hire has been an A if not an A+ so far. Oh well he didn't get Tari back or land every recruit so far. Let's get the W tomorrow.

      Also, nice to play in a real event. Not intending to take a Cronin shot, but if he were still here UC probably would have just beaten Nebraska with DePaul and Louisiana Tech in the other semifinals at some junior college in Florida with a $9.99 subpar online stream as the broadcast options.
      All joking aside, North Carolina has lost two in a row. I’m really rooting for Hubert Davis.
      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

      Comment


      • #48
        Basketball is a team sport, and Miller has in short order provided as good an example of that as you could ask in a month's worth of work. To play D that well with so many new faces, and also inexperienced faces shows how good he is. The most impressive thing is seeing the players emotion and energy coming in and out of the lineup. Bring on Arkansas.

        Comment


        • #49
          I have to say when they were down15 early, I thought this is exactly how I thought this game would go. And then when they went up 15 I thought, Oh they will blow this for sure. Thank God I was stupid. They played a great game and I am completely impressed. Looking forward to the rest of the year.

          Comment


          • #50
            Arkansas is kicking Kansas State's backside. I know this is the match up that does us most good but I was really hoping for the game against K-State as a preview to the Big 12.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
              I expect us to get at least one 5-Star player in the next 12 month.
              Any prediction who?

              Comment


              • #52
                Game highlights on YouTube
                 

                Comment


                • #53
                  Andy Katz interview with Wes in the UC locker room https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/stat...841817088?s=20

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    Andy Katz interview with Wes in the UC locker room https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/stat...841817088?s=20
                    Outstanding.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      WOW! That was crazy. Really excited for this team. Going into this season I was prepared for a repeat of Mick’s first year with a motley crew of misfits and football players. My expectations are so far exceeded. Coach can coach

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I love how positively the team responds to WM. I think we're witnessing the start of something reallly special!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by kennh View Post
                          I have to say when they were down15 early, I thought this is exactly how I thought this game would go. And then when they went up 15 I thought, Oh they will blow this for sure. Thank God I was stupid. They played a great game and I am completely impressed. Looking forward to the rest of the year.
                          Probably a lot of us with the exact same thoughts! I was very impressed and happy for the win.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Not tooting my own horn but I predicted that this team was going to surprise a lot of people. We had good ball players and CWM brought in some good players. But more than that these guys all genuinely want to play and please this coach. You could see it from the very beginning how he was building chemistry. As long as egos do not enter into the formula, everyone playing for the goal of winning, for each other and having fun this could very well be a special year. I am very excited to see Ado, Koval, and big Vic against Freemantle.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                              first, I love miller, glad to have him,

                              B. brannen could evaluate/recruit and knows the game, covid restrictions and dads death probably affected him a lot, maybe I'm forgetting something, but besides loving vogt too much, he's ok in my eyes, wish him well

                              3rd, great response to being down, really encouraging

                              D. knee jerk, 3rd place in league expected now, but I think we lose a couple stinkers along the way

                              finally, beer was tasty

                              As easy as it is to kick Brannen while he's down, He could defintely find and evaluate talent. Lakhin was a huge find. Some of the other international guys he was after were legit talents as well and he just stopped recruiting everyone during Covid.

                              Completely agree with his father's death. I've been there and it really makes things rough stress-wise when you're close to the parent. I really do wonder if he would have treated his players the way that he did if his father had been well. And then you throw in Covid and everything that came with that.

                              Not really defending him but every seems to have piled on without measuring the whole picture. The whole scenario was terrible on timing for everyone.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Lobot View Post


                                As easy as it is to kick Brannen while he's down, He could defintely find and evaluate talent. Lakhin was a huge find. Some of the other international guys he was after were legit talents as well and he just stopped recruiting everyone during Covid.

                                Completely agree with his father's death. I've been there and it really makes things rough stress-wise when you're close to the parent. I really do wonder if he would have treated his players the way that he did if his father had been well. And then you throw in Covid and everything that came with that.

                                Not really defending him but every seems to have piled on without measuring the whole picture. The whole scenario was terrible on timing for everyone.
                                Totally agree!! Time for everyone to move on. UC should pay Brannen his buyout and thank goodness they were able to bring in Wes Miller.

                                Comment

                                Responsive Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X