No announcement yet.

Game 5: Hall of Fame Classic - Illinois 11/22 6:30 ESPNNews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On March 14, 2021, UC gets crushed by Houston in the AAC title game. John Brannen storms the court, literally turning his back on his team. And UC athletics has not turned back since. No losses in FB or BB since that day, ha!

Comment

I'm very impressed. THIS is Cincinnati basketball. We have an identity.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagogeorge View Post
        i'm very impressed. This is cincinnati basketball. We have an identity.
        wow!!!!!!!

Comment

Justin Williams (The Athletic):
          Unbelievable performance from Mike Saunders Jr., who changed the game off the bench. Saunders: 20 pts (5-6 FG, 1-1 3FG, 9-10 FT), 4 reb Davenport: 19/7 Lakhin: 9/8 DDJ: 7 MAW: 6 UC: 41/29/85 Ill: 28/14/76 Cockburn had 18 pts, but only 6 after U12 TO of the 1st half. #Bearcats

Jeff Borzello (ESPN):
          Was mildly surprised to see Illinois at No. 14 in today’s AP poll. I had them at No. 25. Assumed I would start to move them up once Kofi Cockburn returned. His first game back? A 20-point loss to Cincinnati in which players not named Kofi or Curbelo shot 5-for-32 from the field.

Brandon Saho (WLWT):
          Wes Miller is bringing that Huggins era of Cincinnati basketball back. Bearcats beat No. 14 Illinois 71-51. Miller becomes the first UC head coach to start 5-0 in program history. #Bearcats

Matt Norlander (CBS):
          Cincinnati beating No. 14 Illinois (with Kofi Cockburn back) to the melody of 71-51 was not an outcome I remotely saw coming. Whatsoever. Wes Miller’s off to a 5-0 start with the Bearcats.

Comment

Rank the Bearcats
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Rank the Bearcats
              Win tomorrow

Comment

Things are going to get very interesting come Dec. 11. Very interesting indeed.

Comment

I just went from being cautiously optimistic for the season to genuinely excited. I knew Wes was going to be a great hire but never expected to start so quickly... Illinois looked gassed and uninterested after the first 6minutes and we never let up.

Comment

Take away the first 10 minutes and that was the best game that I think I have seen. Oh, I read that this is the first time that a UC coach started off 5-0. I have to believe that they meant to say a first year UC coach.
                    Last edited by bearcatbret; 11-22-2021, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I expect us to get at least one 5-Star player in the next 12 month.
                      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

groovy. The cats are back . groovy. did not see that coming. VL looks pretty good too. CWM coaching has me excited like it was with Huggs. Groovy

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                          I just went from being cautiously optimistic for the season to genuinely excited. I knew Wes was going to be a great hire but never expected to start so quickly... Illinois looked gassed and uninterested after the first 6minutes and we never let up.
                          same with me
                          Last edited by leo from jersey; 11-22-2021, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            Take away the first 10 minutes and that was the best game that I think I have seen. Oh, I read that this is the first time that a UC coach started off 5-0. I have to believe that they meant to say a first year UC coach.
                            I saw UC beat tOSU twice for the NC and Duke in the Great Alaska shootout. I am excited though by this team. It has been awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                              groovy. The cats are back . groovy. did not see that coming. VL looks pretty good too. CWM coaching has me excited like it was with Huggs. Groovy
                              hopefully this Coach won’t be having sex with co-Eds, or recruit thugs who commit crimes, don’t graduate and embarrass the university. A coach who is demanding without being demeaning. No public drunkenness please. Let’s do it the right way. I don’t miss Huggs.

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

first, I love miller, glad to have him,

B. brannen could evaluate/recruit and knows the game, covid restrictions and dads death probably affected him a lot, maybe I'm forgetting something, but besides loving vogt too much, he's ok in my eyes, wish him well

3rd, great response to being down, really encouraging

D. knee jerk, 3rd place in league expected now, but I think we lose a couple stinkers along the way

finally, beer was tasty

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X