Game 3: Alabama A&M 11/16 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 3: Alabama A&M 11/16 7:00 ESPN+

Anything that didn't get worked out against Georgia should get worked out against AAMU. I think you'll see a lot of players rotate through the lineup in this game. AAMU has beaten Tenn St. and lost to Jacksonville State. I don't think they're going to be a threat to UC unless we play poorly. It's kind of early in the season to gauge them but they do have two double digit scorers.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2010

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

We want Bama...A&M!

#107 vs. #329 (KenPom)

A&M randomly has a kid from Middletown HS. His bio says he also considered Toledo and Xavier - surely as a preferred walk on https://aamusports.com/sports/mens-b...-williams/5171

UC is 1-0 all-time vs this team, with a 32-point win during the Jaume Sorolla era https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401169974
    - Among current players, Davenport and MAW combined for 11 points, while Sam Martin and Rob Banks each added a "trillion" that night
    - Chris Vogt led the way with 18 and 10
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-15-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I was surprised when Vogt decided to transfer to Wisconsin. Seemed like he could have had a big impact at a smaller school playing against less athletic big men. He always did well in the early season. Looks like he will be limited in his new role. Only averaging 14 minutes in 3 early season blow-outs.

Comment

Cincinnati.com preview
        https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ew/8622582002/

Comment

I’ve got two seats for this one if anyone needs a reason to go. Send me a private message.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Using ESPN+, if I tune in at the beginning of the second half will the game be joined live in progress or will I see it from the beginning, which is my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
              Using ESPN+, if I tune in at the beginning of the second half will the game be joined live in progress or will I see it from the beginning, which is my preference.
              I think you’ll get it in progress. If you want to see it from the start it’ll be archived for replay after the game ends. I’m not sure how soon it becomes available though
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                We want Bama...A&M!

#107 vs. #329 (KenPom)

A&M randomly has a kid from Middletown HS. His bio says he also considered Toledo and Xavier - surely as a preferred walk on https://aamusports.com/sports/mens-b...-williams/5171

UC is 1-0 all-time vs this team, with a 32-point win during the Jaume Sorolla era https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401169974
                - Among current players, Davenport and MAW combined for 11 points, while Sam Martin and Rob Banks each added a "trillion" that night
                - Chris Vogt led the way with 18 and 10
                Shows that KenPom is worthless this early in the year. No way this team is #329.

Comment

Late to the party tonight. Lakhin is out. Ankle sprain. He played on in the last game and it swelled up like a croquet ball.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Davenport is getting abused down low and Ado is too slow with the help. Also not a big fan of Newman's game so far. On the bright side, DDJ had developed a nice mid range jumper and seems to have improved behind the arc.

Comment

No one can maintain Johnson. And I too have been unimpressed with Newman's offense thus far. Any one with news on McGinnis' injury
                      Last edited by Rufus; 11-16-2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

If Johnson shows up in the transfer portal, I would definitely be interested.

DDJ was far better tonight, more like I expected going in, and what we have to get from him this year.

Comment

I totally disagree on Newman. I think hes playing really well. Still adjusting to the new team but shows tremendous athleticism and upside. I think hes gonna be a real asset.
                          Biggest disappointment is Ado. Looks slow and lost.
                          Hensley is gonna be a stud down the road.
                          Too much emphasis on the 3 ball tonight. That comes and goes and losses occur when its not there. Need more offense from the bigs and more post ups. Ody has been great, better than expected. Lahkin didn't play. We have more bigs than most teams. Lets go inside out and post up and get some opposition bigs in foul trouble.
                          Fun to watch but I am concerned when two six foot guards are your leading scorers. That's not a great recipe against the good teams. Need more assists and distribution and fewer shots from DDJ and Mikey. What they did tonight won't work aginst Houston and Memphis and the like.

Comment

Well, they lose some inside presence with Lahkin out. I think if he’s in the rotation inside/outside is a little more balanced.

Comment

Via Justin Williams:

Wes Miller said that Viktor Lakhin rolled his ankle before the Georgia game, but was able to play through it. It swelled up on him after the game. Miller said they were being cautious holding him out tonight. Doesn't seem serious/longterm.

Miller said AJ McGinnis rolled his ankle as well. He was in a boot after the game. Miller said they would hopefully know more tomorrow.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X