No announcement yet.

Assistants and Staff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody heard if Elise Jesse will be joining any of the Tri-State media outlets? I really enjoyed her reporting.

Comment

Does anyone think Mike would have come back if Mr. Brannen was still at UC?

Comment

Expect DJ in an Asst role very soon. He's indicated that it's going to happen.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rehfeldt official release from UC https://gobearcats.com/news/2021/5/4...-business.aspx

Comment

Hey all.. I was about to post some stuff about the ongoing saga with CJB... lot of details showing up in the Enquirer... BUT .. then I thought. Screw that.... I am personally putting that behind me and don't really care to read nor talk about it. The beginning of the Wes Miller era has given me a big boost of morale and others have expressed the same. So obviously everyone can decide for themselves what to do with all the data coming out but... I suggest we have a separate post for that stuff so we can have a moving forward thread for those ready to not look back but still have something for those seeking that info.

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
              Hey all.. I was about to post some stuff about the ongoing saga with CJB... lot of details showing up in the Enquirer... BUT .. then I thought. Screw that.... I am personally putting that behind me and don't really care to read nor talk about it. The beginning of the Wes Miller era has given me a big boost of morale and others have expressed the same. So obviously everyone can decide for themselves what to do with all the data coming out but... I suggest we have a separate post for that stuff so we can have a moving forward thread for those ready to not look back but still have something for those seeking that info.
              Good thinking, BorisTheCat ... The "John Brannen" thread is still going in the Where are they now? section. Tom Mars put out a statement today and Paul Daugherty weighed in (meh) and I just don't have the energy to keep talking about most of this. The Brannen situation was affecting the future of the program in terms of his potential firing and the need to hire a replacement, recruit next year's roster. But Wes Miller is now the guy, so definitely don't feel the need to spend too much energy talking about the prior coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Expect DJ in an Asst role very soon. He's indicated that it's going to happen.
                In response to someone on Twitter asking if he might be joining the staff, DerMarr responded: "I heard they was working on something. My sources are pretty legit."

But then added he is "just staying hopeful, plenty worthy candidates."
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-04-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

What seems to be the holdup on the official press release of. Chad Dollar being named as an asst? It sure seems the urgency has dissipated and dragging feet in collecting a staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                    What seems to be the holdup on the official press release of. Chad Dollar being named as an asst? It sure seems the urgency has dissipated and dragging feet in collecting a staff.
                    I have no insight, but could be an HR thing - just takes time... I had heard Mike Roberts' name for a couple weeks and was starting to think he was staying at IU since nothing happened, but eventually it did. Hopefully something soon though on Dollar and potentially other staff like DerMarr.

Comment

Donald C. Dollar is now in the UC faculty/staff directory as assistant basketball coach. Expect an announcement today/soon regarding Chad Dollar and hopefully some support staff as well.
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-06-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Chad Dollar has changed his Twiiter bio over to UC. Seems like an official annoucement is close.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Chad Dollar has changed his Twiiter bio over to UC. Seems like an official annoucement is close.
                          Official https://gobearcats.com/news/2021/5/1...f-for-mbb.aspx

"While building our staff I thought it was important to have a high level of experience among our assistant coaches. Hiring Chad Dollar gives us just that," Miller said. "He has been coaching at the high major level of college basketball for over a decade. He's widely known throughout our profession as an elite recruiter, but I think his value is so much greater than that. Going through the interview process with Chad I found that we share the same values, goals and purpose for coaching. I think he is an elite overall basketball coach and I believe he'll be a Division I head coach in the future."

"I'm excited to be joining Coach Miller and his staff," said Dollar. "He is one of the elite coaches in the country and I am looking forward to getting to work to help build on the rich tradition of Cincinnati basketball."

Comment

Welcome aboard coach Dollar.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X