Still in the portal:
    - Tari Eason
    - Mikey Saunders
    - Mason Madsen
    - Mamoudou Diarra

Transfer Portal?
    High School Seniors?
    Junior College Transfers?

- Mike Saunders is not announcing a commitment today, per an Instagram story from him
    - Jeremiah Davenport is still on board, per an Instagram story from him (shared UC's announcement welcoming Coach Miller, added two "handshake" emojis and said "Let's Work")
    - TBD on Mason Madsen, but he is following Miller and one of Miller's UNCG assistants on Twitter + liked UC's tweet from last night
    - Mika Adams-Woods has been quiet but was presumed to be returning pre-Brannen firing
    - David DeJulius has been quiet, but obviously was locked in Brannen had been retained - started following Coach Miller on Instagram
    - Tari Eason has been quiet but people have suggested he had interest in returning pending the hiring of the next coach
    - Viktor Lakhin: just speculating but could easily see him transferring
    - Mamoudou Diarra: assume he is gone, but who knows with Brannen out
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-15-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=GoBearcats31;n380598]AS OF APRIL 15 at 11:30 a.m. ET

Potential Returnees (did not enter portal):
      - Jeremiah Davenport
      - David DeJulius
      - Mika Adams-Woods
      - Viktor Lakhin

Still in the portal:
      - Tari Eason
      - Mikey Saunders
      - Mason Madsen
      - Mamoudou Diarra

My guess is - Viktor Lakhin is as good as gone ,,, I'm not sure Miller would even want him... My understanding is very slow, and would be a defensive liability....

One thing for sure, everyone from last year will need to make a huge adjustment to a new style of Defense and getting after the Ball...

I question if some of the current players / portal are up for that task!

Comment

[QUOTE=BearKatz;n380603]
        Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        AS OF APRIL 15 at 11:30 a.m. ET

- Jeremiah Davenport
        - David DeJulius
        - Mika Adams-Woods
        - Viktor Lakhin

Still in the portal:
        - Tari Eason
        - Mikey Saunders
        - Mason Madsen
        - Mamoudou Diarra

My guess is - Viktor Lakhin is as good as gone ,,, I'm not sure Miller would even want him... My understanding is very slow, and would be a defensive liability....

One thing for sure, everyone from last year will need to make a huge adjustment to a new style of Defense and getting after the Ball...

agreed

Comment

[QUOTE=BearKatz;n380603]
          Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          AS OF APRIL 15 at 11:30 a.m. ET

- Jeremiah Davenport
          - David DeJulius
          - Mika Adams-Woods
          - Viktor Lakhin

Still in the portal:
          - Tari Eason
          - Mikey Saunders
          - Mason Madsen
          - Mamoudou Diarra

I like the energy from all 4 of those players. The hustle is there, as is a willingness to learn.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

L wonder if Keith W would consider coming back? Do this year's seniors that decide to come back for a final year keep their scholarship?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
              L wonder if Keith W would consider coming back? Do this year's seniors that decide to come back for a final year keep their scholarship?
              He could come back to UC and scholy doesn't count toward 13. He is unlikely to make that choice.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Hope to see all the potential transfers back and more so on Diarra. Believe he got the short end last season and still believe he is a solid Power forward.

Excited about this New Coach Mr Miller. I'm sure we'll start seeing the momentum pick up soon with some interesting recruits to follow. Definitely in need of a solid Center.

Curious to see what Lakhin can do especially since he never touched the floor from what I saw. Anyway you can't teach size so there's one plus for him and he's still young.

Excited, always loved this part of the season playing the videogame. "Like opening a box of chocolates, never know what your going to get" paraphrasing of course forgot the actual quote.

Comment

Diarra should go somewhere he's going to play.

Comment

Makes sense but who do we have?

Comment

From a former player for Coach Miller- he went to the portal today- Perhaps

“His energy is unmatched,” UNC Greensboro guard Kaleb Hunter told The Enquirer. “It’s hard to come in ready to practice every day, but that’s him. God put him on earth to do this. And he’s going to push all of his players to be the best that they can.”

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                        From a former player for Coach Miller- he went to the portal today- Perhaps

“His energy is unmatched,” UNC Greensboro guard Kaleb Hunter told The Enquirer. “It’s hard to come in ready to practice every day, but that’s him. God put him on earth to do this. And he’s going to push all of his players to be the best that they can.”
                        Then, please God, send us a few blue chip recruits. I pray!

Comment

UC's roster page was down but is now back up for "2021-22." Currently includes everyone who hasn't officially committed elsewhere (G. Madsen, Z. Harvey) or graduated (Williams, Vogt) https://gobearcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster -- I don't think that guarantees anything in terms of Eason, Saunders, M. Madsen and/or Diarra but at least they are in the fold for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Then, please God, send us a few blue chip recruits. I pray!
                            Give him time - Many blue chippers are signed elsewhere and he has damage to correct.

Comment

Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat View Post
                              Hope to see all the potential transfers back and more so on Diarra. Believe he got the short end last season and still believe he is a solid Power forward.

Excited about this New Coach Mr Miller. I'm sure we'll start seeing the momentum pick up soon with some interesting recruits to follow. Definitely in need of a solid Center.

Curious to see what Lakhin can do especially since he never touched the floor from what I saw. Anyway you can't teach size so there's one plus for him and he's still young.

Excited, always loved this part of the season playing the videogame. "Like opening a box of chocolates, never know what your going to get" paraphrasing of course forgot the actual quote.

Diarra has gotten the short end of the stick since Mick left.... and Brannen absolutely did Diarra no favors!... I questioned Brannens motive all last year for playing Vogt over Diarra ! Hopefully with a Wes Miller will see his true potential!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X