No announcement yet.

Wes Miller hired as Cincinnati's Men's Basketball Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rufas: From what I understand (for high school at least) is that strength and conditioning including nutrition can start at anytime and run throughout the year. They may NOT include instructional skills or basketball knowledge during the off season. In the past, the first day of basketball instruction was on midnight madness. So, we need to have these young men hit the weights hard during the off season. The players can and hopefully will meet together and play some ball and the older ones can instill the Bearcat way but coaches are not allowed to have teaching moments.

Comment

• And so wouldn't it be of immense benefit to hire a strength coach ASAP and get these guys working out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
        And so wouldn't it be of immense benefit to hire a strength coach ASAP and get these guys working out?
        Yes it would. I think we'll see that position filled pretty quickly although I don't have any info on who the candidates are.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Not familiar with this website, but here is a new interview (podcast) with Wes Miller that is worth checking out https://thefrontofficenews.com/v2/20...ng-wes-miller/

- Talks about the transfers briefly
          - Talks about the staff members that have been announced already
          - Talks a bit about the future schedule
          - Gives his Skyline reaction

Worth noting he mentioned David DeJulius' name. A lot of us have speculated that maybe he isn't returning since we haven't heard anything and they continue to recruit guards. But seems like he's "in" unless/until we hear otherwise.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X