Potential/Hypothetical Head Coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Jason Shay........... ESTU......... Just up and resigned Tuesday afternoon for personal reasons after just one year. Could the wind be blowing this way. Not saying he's my choice just that he abruptly resigned and is only 48 years old.
    Not related to UC

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
      I guess we won't get Mick back.
      Thank you! I needed that laugh this morning. Mick isn't in this conversation
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
        Jason Shay........... ESTU......... Just up and resigned Tuesday afternoon for personal reasons after just one year. Could the wind be blowing this way. Not saying he's my choice just that he abruptly resigned and is only 48 years old.
        He resigned becuase he was forced out by politicians in Tenn. The team kneeled during the national anthem during one game this season. Politicians were very unhappy about that.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

I like NVE and Erik...but in addition to Penny and Juwan, there is:
          Kevin Ollie, Terry Porter, Jerry Stackhouse, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullen, Avery Johnson, Steve Wojo, Damon Stoudamire, Isaiah Thomas.

History is not on the side of success with former NBA players as college coaches
          Did you miss the 19 year NBA veteran taking his team to the Elite 8 as a #1 seed?

Comment

I think you missed the obvious option, Richard Pitino. Remember they both worked at Minnesota, so they know each other. Yes, I know Pitino took the New Mexico job. But that job pays about $800k a year and Brannen makes almost double that now. To double his salary wouldn't Pitino pull a Pat Kelsey and say see ya UNM?

Comment

Think about the implications if you're an AD. Tarnish on the program, from wherever.

Comment

Could it be they're dragging their feet because they want Savino, and he's still playing?

Comment

Loss of talented recruits - can we demonstrate we have recognized and addressed their concerns. Then, can we win some back? Removal of tarnish may or may not be the head coach but he would definitely need involvement and buy in. As it stands we're not seeing that. Coach's style has attracted many. Don't want to lose that or more will leave. So who's recruiting if not HC? Trusted assistants and JC? How do you reward them and maybe keep them with new leadership? Questions go on and on. And we don't know anything of substance.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    Could it be they're dragging their feet because they want Savino, and he's still playing?
                    Mick Junior? Doesn't feel like that's taking things forward, IMHO.

Comment

Seems like many UC fans are also interested in Bryce Drew, currently at Grand Canyon (#15 seed in this year's tourney), formerly of Valpo and Vandy.

Comment

Unless NVE has gotten his degree, he cannot be coach. Dumb.. but.. them's the rules.
                        If Huggins vouches for Erik Martin.. that holds weight with me.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Seems like many UC fans are also interested in Bryce Drew, currently at Grand Canyon (#15 seed in this year's tourney), formerly of Valpo and Vandy.
                          He an interesting guy and has done a good job at Grand Canyon not to mention the family tree. He had some tough luck with injuries at Vandy. Lost key guys every year. I wouldn't be shocked if he was looked at assuming we're in the market.

Comment

I vote for Bryce Drew. I think we could afford to sway him from Grand Canyon and get a really good young coach. Now, let's end this other dramatic saga...

Comment

Good luck Coach Brannen.

Now onto the candidates.

1. Nicky!!! Does he have degree and NCAA coaching certificate?

2. Bryce Drew Grand Canyon
                              2b. Wes Miller UNC Greensboro

3. Erik Martin
                              3b Jon Scheyer

Many others.

84 Archie Miller. Only if we get him cheap with IU still paying bulk of salary

607 Rick Pitino. Too costly. Too much baggage

Comment

Chad Brendel's initial hot list:

Archie Miller

Bryce Drew

Dennis Gates

Jeff Boals

Matt McMahan (I assume this is Murray State's Matt McMahon)

Darren Savino

Erik Martin

Ryan Pedon

Kimani Young

Jon Scheyer

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X