Absolute must listen - podcast with former bearcats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute must listen - podcast with former bearcats

Former Bearcats talking about the current team / situation / Brannen. Changed my perception BIG time... I feel better.. will it last ? Don't know but.. GREAT LISTEN

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000513969246

• Bearcat1996
    replied
    I listened to the podcast and feel much better after hearing KJ and TN take on things. Bottom line, the guys that left were not a good fit. They underestimated the toughness required in this program. Like KJ said, these guys signed up to play D1 at a high level. There are going to be tough times but tough people persevere. I think CJB needs to sharpen his PR skills and reach out to former players to act as mentors. Maybe even add one or two former players to his staff. Could take alot of heat off himself.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Amen Boris, I would think that JB has (or should have)at least learned quite a bit through all this. The one transfer portal entry that surprises me most are the Madsens. I believe that their father was a bball coach and would be familiar with an atmosphere of competativeness and the tactics to be used within to hone the skills of these two.
    Last edited by Rufus; 03-25-2021, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BorisTheCat
    replied
    And... this is not to excuse Brannen.. perhaps he has some stuff to work on... one thing being... better vetting of recruits to smoke this stuff out earlier. I do agree with the perfect storm reference and perhaps all the parties should get some slack for that. What the biggest morale booster to me was much the former players love the university and would love to be more involved. I like TNel saying.. hey.. maybe WE need to do something to initiate. After weeks filled with ugly stuff, this made me feel better than before.. Still gotta fill out this roster but I like knowing this guys are still in it.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Ya know anything and everything that has been offered up on this forum as to the reasons for this mass exodus of these freshman appears to have been at least in reality a part. As these gentlemen attest it was the perfect storm, lack of upperclassmen tutorship, the coach mean mouthing everyone to motivate , covid pandemic, kids being treated like mushrooms I.e.. kept in the dark and fed only cr#p, and pampered elitist attitudes all exacerbated by overprotective helicoptering parent(s). Im encouraged that these alums are not going to stand by and let these prima donnas " burn down what's been built".
    Last edited by Rufus; 03-24-2021, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DesertFog
    replied
    Agree that it was a great listen, but my reaction was not as positive. Everyone lamented the loss of Tari, and to me it sounded like they did not expect any of the others in the portal to be back. Good, and I think genuine, support for Brannen.

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
    Former Bearcats talking about the current team / situation / Brannen. Changed my perception BIG time... I feel better.. will it last ? Don't know but.. GREAT LISTEN

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000513969246
    I listened to it on Tuesday. It was encouraging. Although Jenkins hinted that some of the stuff the players were alleging was true. He didn’t want to write an article about it so he wrote the piece about the transfer portal instead.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Looks like Vogt was bothered all year by this. I hope for his sake they can fix it as he was a much more effective guy before he hurt it the season before.

https://twitter.com/ChrisVogt33/stat...16695999246339

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X