Former Player Reactions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Even though I have not seen any former players say that they support Brannen, the gist of their messages does seem to be supportive. Much like CB2’s post earlier today.
    they are realists. Anything negative will only hurt the program. It would be interesting to hear what they say among themselves, the $$$ boosters and the AD. Corie is a winner and so, I expect him to be motivational in helping smooth out the problems. So few are speaking though. I suspect they would say something similar, but it would show support. Paging SK, Steve Logan, D, Vaugh, Roger McClendon, Danny Fortson, Gary Clark etc.

I would like to hear from some who suffered through bad coaches - Jelly Jones, Louis Banks and those who fought hard under bad situations.

Comment

While I appreciate their support of the program, it still bothers me a bit that they are commenting without possibly really knowing what was going on between Brannen and the players that are leaving. Even IF it were true that it was 100% "soft player" issues (which i don't believe) that still falls on Brannen since he is the one that recruited them. That's poor vetting of recruits. So.. I think until we have REAL, ACCURATE information (if we ever do), its a bit unfair for some of these comments. Like I say.. love their support for the program but let's kinda hold them blame until we can figure out where it all gets doled out.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but of course Corie respected MC. Didn't MC give him a job with the program while finishing his degree. Don't kill that goose laying them golden eggs and don't burn bridges either if you don't have to.

Comment

Im thinking that all these former bearcats are all in communication with one another and so they already know what the dissention is all about. If they are pouting because the coach mean mugged them, wouldnt allow them their bling and du rags then Corie B's designation of soft as kids is spot on.. One of these kids started wearing his hair different just a few games after coming out of covid protocol. Im just assimilating all available information!

Comment

Rufus - the lid is on the coffin. We might never know.

Just because he's Stu Jackson, maybe I'm supposed to be scared not to speak my mind. But you know what? If I see wrong as being wrong, I am going to say it, as simple as that.
            Danny Fortson

Danny have you seen anything at your Alma Mater?

Comment

What's next for Keith Williams.

https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2...er-starts-now/
              Last edited by longtimefan; 03-24-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

It's interesting to hear the former players speak out in favor of CJB. It occurred to me that the major thing that is different now is social media. Now you have people scouring the internet for info and trying to read between the lines on every post a kid makes. This didn't exist in the Huggins area. Can you imagine how many "scandals" would have blown up on social media during Huggins tenure?
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  It's interesting to hear the former players speak out in favor of CJB. It occurred to me that the major thing that is different now is social media. Now you have people scouring the internet for info and trying to read between the lines on every post a kid makes. This didn't exist in the Huggins area. Can you imagine how many "scandals" would have blown up on social media during Huggins tenure?
                  Good point. A lot of drama existed behind the scenes during those years. It only came to light if it hit the newspapers.
                  ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

I haven't finished this yet but apparently there is some very good info in this podcast on what went on from Alex Meachem and guests

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1489119811
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      I haven't finished this yet but apparently there is some very good info in this podcast on what went on from Alex Meachem and guests

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1489119811
                      And I haven't listened yet, but DerMarr Johnson and James White were on with Bearcat Journal https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000514153485

Comment

Re-upping this for reactions to the Brannen firing / future coach hiring:

James White on Twitter: 1) Damn Cincy ... 2) Very interesting time in Cincy. Looking forward to what the future hold

Kevin Johnson on Twitter: 1) All you Cinci fans who got the plan. This is for you. WHAT NOW?! ... 2) Coach Savino!! It might be time. Whats up?!

Jarron Cumbeland on IG (screenshot I saw posted elsewhere): I wasn't the bad guy [emojis]

Terry Nelson to Fox19's Jeremy Rauch: "Mixed emotions about how it was handled. If it wasn't a good fit, it wasn't a good fit. It could've been handled more swiftly. ... "Moving forward, there has to be more transparency." (Told Jeremy his ideal scenario is Nick Van Exel with Erik Martin as an assistant)

DerMarr Johnson on Twitter: Nick and E Martin need to be interviewed

Gary Clark on Twitter: Darren Savino !!!!!! 1000% supporting that move!! (which Jacob Evans retweeted)
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-21-2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Corie Blount and KMart not on board with our new coach. I wonder why? Seems to me we haven't heard much from them in years anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                            Corie Blount and KMart not on board with our new coach. I wonder why? Seems to me we haven't heard much from them in years anyway.
                            Corie is active in the UC community. He works with underprivileged kids and is doing great things. I see him at UC games all of the time the past decade.

I don't know much about Kenyon, but I think Corie gets to have his say.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X