Former Player Reactions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Player Reactions

Have shared some of these elsewhere, but wanted to just put in one place - feel free to add more if you see anything:

Terry Nelson on Twitter: Thank you @GoBearcatsMBB for this challenging & yet exciting year. Some of you will move on to other teams, not realizing what you are leaving. You haven’t experienced the best of what Cincinnati has to offer. I wish you the best. The grass is greener where you water it most!

James White on Twitter (2 parts): What’s going on with my Bearcats is terrible. Well college basketball period. I transferred after my freshman year but I had a bunch of good reasons and a plan. I just don’t get what some of these kids plans are ... Anyway man. Bottom line all this transferring around college basketball is crazy. For Whateva reason it is happening

DerMarr Johnson on Twitter:
    - Why are these kids leaving my school? Like you are gonna play all the minutes
    - Leaving not always the answer just cause stuff gets hard for you, weird year for everyone..... grass not always greener
    - No names earlier in the year I asked a player is everything good, what’s going on...... the kid said it’s us we gotta do this this and that. Feel what all y’all saying tho but we don’t know what’s really going on or what’s in these kids minds
    - Saunders was gonna kill next year tho really curious what he wanna do and what could be a better situation
    - The kid I talked to had nothing bad to say about the staff. I mean what possibly could coach do so bad to piss off everyone? Even his own guys. A few players may feel away but not all of them .
    - It will get better guys we just got work to do
    - Feel bad for JD. Kid went out there all year and played his balls off now his guys leaving

Also this from James (@Flight8): My dream remains the same. To one day be a coach at UC

Comment

I will say that... all of these comments.. I am assuming... come without them REALLY having visibility into the current team / situation. This seems WAY bigger than normal player complaints.

Comment

Kevin Johnson on Twitter:
        - I ask kids what are you chasing? Transferring does not mean better opportunity or better coaching. Just another school. Also consider your stats... don’t leave a solid situation for another solid situation. Young players transferring who played high minutes. Does not make sense.
        - Fun fact: 97% of players in college do not like there coach. Disagree with there minutes. Disagree with game plan. Want more shots. Want better role. Does not mean grass is greener.
        - Being honest. All 4 years as a Bearcat, every year there were at least 5 players ready to transfer(including me)... real leadership, togetherness as players, brotherhood kept a lot of staying. Game is bigger than a coach.
        - THE CURE FOR ALL SPORT MAYHEM....WIN!!! And win again. They love you like it never happened.

Comment

More James White:
          Remember UC Bearcat fans we been thru tough times before. I remember the summer when Hugs got fired. There was so much stuff going on you have no idea. The fans was mad at the school (for all the right reasons)but y’all stuck by the kids that was there and we was able to maintain

Comment

waiting to hear from the voice that matters since Oscar is older and not in great health. Paging Kenyon Martin. Forgive the past fully and help the present.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
              waiting to hear from the voice that matters since Oscar is older and not in great health. Paging Kenyon Martin. Forgive the past fully and help the present.

forget about the big O. Lets talk to Terry Nelson. Hes around the kids on an almost daily basis if anyone would know the true skinny he should. Paging Terry N.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

forget about the big O. Lets talk to Terry Nelson. Hes around the kids on an almost daily basis if anyone would know the true skinny he should. Paging Terry N.
                He is also a paid employee and must have UCs permission to announce. Take a look around. Plus do you think he wants the ratings to go down on his job due to a wretched team.

Comment

Terry Nelson does not have the impact with the school, the boosters, the fans and players like either Oscar or Kenyon. Terry has spoken on twitter and was disregarded already.

Comment

Thats true but he is a witness to the progreesion as it occured throughout the season. This is not from one isolated walk off the court. There are some deep rooted hostilities that have finally come to a head. And TN must have seen all of it in real time plus he has access to the mic. Not saying he should use it on this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      Thats true but he is a witness to the progreesion as it occured throughout the season. This is not from one isolated walk off the court. There are some deep rooted hostilities that have finally come to a head. And TN must have seen all of it in real time plus he has access to the mic. Not saying he should use it on this situation.
                      Terry has a job to protect.

Comment

There are two with the highest respect. The Big O and K-Mart.

Comment

Corie Blount on Twitter (mind the typos)
                          - I’m sick of all this praising these soft as kids for their time as being Bearcats and now they want to leave. Good bye! and I’m not gonna say good luck. The luck started when you became a Bearcat! To all the guys that staying much love and respect. Coach ain’t going anywhere so
                          - As fans and alumni of UC Basketball lets praise the guys that are committed and let’s all see how we can make UC basketball great again. We have our coach so until he’s gone let help him build our program. Talking **** about him is not the way to get the best players to commit.
                          - I respected Mick for what he done during his time as the head coach and now Brennon is our guy so let’s stop the ******** get some real Bearcats on our team and make UC Basketball Great Again. Big CBlount#44 and I’m out

Comment

I'm glad to see former players are not piling on. Brannen needs to figure out a way to bring the support of these guys back into the program especially for recruiting purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                              I'm glad to see former players are not piling on. Brannen needs to figure out a way to bring the support of these guys back into the program especially for recruiting purposes.
                              Even though I have not seen any former players say that they support Brannen, the gist of their messages does seem to be supportive. Much like CB2’s post earlier today.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X