• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    started a topic Mike Saunders Jr.

Mike Saunders Jr.

Justin Williams:
    I can confirm that #Bearcats MBB freshman point guard Mikey Saunders Jr plans to enter the transfer portal, via @TheAthletic. First reported by@jakeweingarten.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-16-2021, 10:38 AM.

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    I will admit that I have criticized players on this forum but I be always done so with the thought that they could be reading this and other forums. If a player is going to check out the scoreboard to see how his great play looks on the "big screen" or check to see if his monster dunk made it on espn, you can bet that he and / or his family is going to check out everything written about his play. I don't think I've ever written anything demeaning or derogatory towards a player. If I have I do apologize . And with that being said, going forward, I will try to censor myself on what I post and limit it to strictly constructive. I've tried to be respectful to all who enjoy this forum
    Playing the game for gain (scholarship) opens up some criticism. The coaches do it, the announcers do it, the paper does it and so do the fans. It may not be right, but it is the system. I read the article and it was vague concerning whom MS was referring to.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    I will admit that I have criticized players on this forum but I be always done so with the thought that they could be reading this and other forums. If a player is going to check out the scoreboard to see how his great play looks on the "big screen" or check to see if his monster dunk made it on espn, you can bet that he and / or his family is going to check out everything written about his play. I don't think I've ever written anything demeaning or derogatory towards a player. If I have I do apologize . And with that being said, going forward, I will try to censor myself on what I post and limit it to strictly constructive. I've tried to be respectful to all who enjoy this forum

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post
    Good lesson for those who thinks their posts on here go unread by players or coaches.
    First this not that big of a forum compared to BCJ, twitter, the enquirer and beartcattalk. Second, I need to post more. I will admit I was never on MS's back as I felt sorry for him and ZH.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Whatever it was, I'm glad he's back because he's going to be really good. He's not Devan Downey, yet, but he may get there.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post
    Good lesson for those who thinks their posts on here go unread by players or coaches.
    If the players/coaches don't read it, you can bet one of their closer associates will read it and let them know. There was a lot of misinformation initially on the Brannen and player revolt fiasco. No good could come of that situation, but I hope Mikey knows he was in the right and people may have spoke/written without accurate information. Nonetheless, these are student athletes, and as such any criticisms should be given as constructive. Some of the stuff about pro players goes too far too, but much of it is okay for the professionals. The student athletes should never read negative fan opinions to the degree that is on all social media.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Burk
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    I haven t read the piece so in just speculating, if it were the Cincinnati fans he was referring to he would not be so willing to come back. Whereas if it were JB that situation could ( and has ) been changed.
    I was listening to the radio a few days ago and a professional baseball player was talking about his involvement with a program to help young players. One of thing he brought up was how hurtful people can be when they put negative comments out there, especially with today's social media. He went on to say that he can handle that because he is older but it has an affect on the young people when they are the target. So, if it were the fans that Mike was referring to, then hopefully someone that he respects told him not to pay any attention to people like that.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    I haven t read the piece so in just speculating, if it were the Cincinnati fans he was referring to he would not be so willing to come back. Whereas if it were JB that situation could ( and has ) been changed.

Leave a comment:

• CincyBearcats2
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    Interesting comment from Saunders to Brett Stine of bearcatjournal.com ($) to the effect that he never had anyone question his character before. He didn't mention Brannen's name, but that was the intimation.
    I took it as him referring to the fans questioning his character about being soft and stuff like that.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Interesting comment from Saunders to Brett Stine of bearcatjournal.com ($) to the effect that he never had anyone question his character before. He didn't mention Brannen's name, but that was the intimation.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    So I wonder if we hear from Eason, Madsen, or Diarra today?

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Mike Saunders Jr. announces on Twitter he's leaving the portal and returning to Cincinnati Bearcats Men's Basketball

Leave a comment:

• made_hand
    replied
    He's back ... From his twitter ...

https://twitter.com/icemikeg3/status...77054380408834

Leave a comment:

• Corporateballa
    replied
    Brannen was right about one thing, Mikey Saunders is the future of the program.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X