Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Not on IG, what's the story?
    That was it - it was a black background with what I said above as the overlaying text

Saunders, FWIW, posted the following text: Sad things had to change but nevertheless, I will always have love for this city and the fans (heart)

Comment

CJB has shown that he is ok not playing the best players. He brought Rap in here and started him along side CHRIS VOGT! I played college basketball. That wrecks a lockeroom.
      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

DerMarr Johnson on Twitter: Leaving not always the answer just cause stuff gets hard for you, weird year for everyone.... grass not always greener

(not about Mikey specifically, but figured this was an appropriate thread to post this)

Comment

I did not expect to see this transfer. Thinking back to some comments that CJB made a month or so ago about Saunders... He said his development was hampered at the beginning of the season and that he did not get the full experience that a point guard should get. He expressed confidence but I also thought he was making excuses for Saunders. I wonder if he had a heart to heart w/ Saunders and let him know how far he had to go to truly excel as a PG... and Saunders did not like hearing it??? Complete speculation on my part.

Comment

It just needs to be said again kids today dont want to learn basketball its more than just putting the ball into the bucket. They all want to start. Same in the work place. Dont want entry level jobs they all want to start as ceo. And when you have to have several players for each position how does a coach divvy up the minutes equally and still win games.

Comment

I will say this Rufus... What we need first is an explanation... Let's hear one of them say "i should have been starting"... or "i should be playing more minutes".... Then at least we have something to discuss/argue about. As far as I know... the ONLY reason we have heard at any point this year has been covid-related. The moves of late indicate something more systemic going on and.. until SOMEBODY speaks up to give us a reason for exitting.... we have no clue if its a player expectation issue.

Comment

Players aren't going to criticize anything, it may hurt their chances getting recruited somewhere else.

Comment

That's my frustration. I know it's not Covid related but there is no forth coming explanation. I do appreciate there are folks on this forum with the same passion and long time support that help me get through it. Lord knows my wife does not understand why I get so jacked up over this stuff.

Comment

... and the killer on this particular one is.... these two hand-picked each other so... expectations from both parties should have been as solid as any people involved. For this breakup to occur, something real fundamental is in play and since it involves multiple players.... that points more to the coaching staff. I'm gearing up for the ol "it's really out of our hands... covid took a toll.... portal makes it too easy to do this....".

Comment

I'm sick, not surprised, again I've heard, no one likes brannen, idk why
                      Last edited by Bearcat9796; 03-16-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Does Vogt still like him?

Comment

At the beginning of the year after losing four in a row I insinuated by the body language of players that there may by some resentment. Ivanauskas coming in trying to be a leader and DDJ soft shoeing around KW the anticipated & designated by senority leader. Something happened during the covid hiatus that prompted (1) a players only meeting and (2) John Brannen himself admitting that this group of young men has taught him some things. Ivanauskas was gone around this same time. And then there is the repeated statement by JB that it was at this time that meals were beginning to be delivered to the players in the dorms. We cant speculate Boris but obviously something went down during this time related to playing rotation, players expected roles etc. That we may never het the true skinny on. I will add this also it will noticed that after the hiatus and we started winning games DDJ couldnt by a bucket from the three shooting just 19% and then left for mental health reasons. Dont know if they are related, just making observations. I will say this it sickens me that these young guys are having to go through this because everyone of them are easy to like and root for. I wish them the best.

Comment

There's a screenshot floating around on twitter that tells a story...in very few words.
                            Cory Huffman
                            Cin City

Comment

do guys ever end up staying after entering portal? desperately hoping...

Comment

Rumors of an athletic administration emergency meeting today and Tari hitting the portal. Again, rumors but folks are saying there’s more than smoke here in this program

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X