No announcement yet.

Houston 2/21 1:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the second half of the OSU game and then the second of the UC. OSU great shooting, driving, defense and bodies hitting the floor. A newcomer would not know that each team was playing the same game. NO HEART. NO DEFENSE.NO BENCH. NO QUALITY SHOT SELECTION. NO REBOUNDING. I see they still have fans, but we have stuck with them for years. Sadly I figured this might happen. Give CJB another game, but there must be improvement. It has to come from the coaching them up as I don't see any new players showing up. Heck the entire team that is here didn't show up. Excrement on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      There is no excuse for this. How long will UC fans and Administration take this? There are no signed recruits for next year. There are no signed recruits for next year. There are no signed recruits for next year.
      The administration is searching the Chronicle of Higher Education for upward mobility jobs. At least that was the tool we used before the internet (actually word of mouth).

Comment

Williams & Vogt are gone after this season,
        I suspect Eason hits the portal. Do we really have no
        recruits for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
          Williams & Vogt are gone after this season,
          I suspect Eason hits the portal. Do we really have no
          recruits for next year?
          unless there are silent ones the answer is no. Wait to after the season and perhaps some transfers. They might come for the playing time, unless they see how it is rotated.

Comment

UC looked even worse than I thought. Maybe it’s time to be hard on CJB. They stood no chance today and played like a deer in headlights. Worst defeat since 2011. Houston is for real this year too.

Comment

I mean, I thought we would lose and probably by 20, but by 38? I guess I’m struggling with the flat out inability to play defense under Brannen. It just looks like repeated
              mental lapses, silly fouls and assignment errors.

Comment

I heard we are going to have to eat this for two years before there is a shot in **** we can unload CJB. Anybody know if that is true? God help us if it is...nothing in the cupboard? There wont be anything in the house/neighborhood/city.

Its easy to jump on the wagon and say "get rid of..." but I have not seen any growth of our athletes. We barely beat those that would should have beaten by more. And I cannot for any reason understand the EXCUSE being given that our coach will not offer a scholly unless he personally see the player? Uh...where has this dude been the last 300 days? Able to adapt? Thinking no here.....

Its not magic but our players don't want to play for this guy. I wouldn't either.
                Write Something...

Comment

First, I did not watch this game because I have issues left over from the cold weather to deal with. I haven’t missed a game in a while. Looks like I missed the right game.

As far as CJB goes. If you’re on the Fire Brannen train, cough up the $3.5M (???) that the department doesn’t right now have to buy him out.

Also, a lot of our fan base were in this same mood in year 2 and 3 of the Cronin era. Things got better.

Outside of Covid there is a reason for what’s happening and we don’t entirely know what it is. Brannen alluded to a culture problem in the post game. Who’s the problem, him or certain players? If it’s the players, which players? If it really is Brannen then we need to rethink things but I’ll be honest. I don’t think it’s him.

I think everybody’s kind of in shock after getting throttled. I don’t blame you, but after a really bad loss the fan base is always kind of like this. I think we’ll know more about why this happened in due time.

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    First, I did not watch this game because I have issues left over from the cold weather to deal with. I haven’t missed a game in a while. Looks like I missed the right game.

As far as CJB goes. If you’re on the Fire Brannen train, cough up the $3.5M (???) that the department doesn’t right now have to buy him out.

Also, a lot of our fan base were in this same mood in year 2 and 3 of the Cronin era. Things got better.

Outside of Covid there is a reason for what’s happening and we don’t entirely know what it is. Brannen alluded to a culture problem in the post game. Who’s the problem, him or certain players? If it’s the players, which players? If it really is Brannen then we need to rethink things but I’ll be honest. I don’t think it’s him.

I think everybody’s kind of in shock after getting throttled. I don’t blame you, but after a really bad loss the fan base is always kind of like this. I think we’ll know more about why this happened in due time.

Who recruited most of the remaining players. The CEO sets the culture. Losing ZH could not have helped even if(?) he was a disturbance, which I don't know. I can see two non-CJB players. Williams and Diarra, Sometimes even adults refuse to take responsibility and especially if there is a lot of money to lose. The AD hired him without our voice, why should they not be the ones to pay. Which AD hired CJB. Was it a national search?

I would agree to give it time, but the players don't have the time (transfers are easy now) and a really deep hole might be hard to dig out of. I am not upset just because of one really bad loss, but the overall direction of this team. That would be losing players, barely beating lousy teams, a defeated looking team lacking not only confidence but proving not fundamentally sound, missing fire and Cincy toughness.

I am upset about losing ZH, but that is just a symptom of my disenchantment with this program. The University of Michigan missed more games due to covid and their Coach just led them to a victory over the #4 team in the country. They looked very good in doing so too. This is problematic in so many areas today. That is the lack of accountability and the giving up demanding accountability. Especially in a state school.
                    Last edited by leo from jersey; 02-21-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I think I'd feel differently if we had signed some quality players in the early signing period. Where do we go for players? Where do we get a quality big man?

Comment

When Cronin was fighting to right the ship in the move to the Big East...we were playing top caliber teams fairly consistently in a great league. We knew we could get through it and endure the struggle to go from CUSA to BE. I turned quite a few off at halftime. We are not here. The Houston debacle brought to the surface the festering feelings we have all been seeing develop more and more. We all see what is happening on the court. We will not be privy to what is going on in the locker room and until specific quotes come out its all speculation. That doesn't mean people are not bent out of shape watching our program get burned to the ground. Those four wins were nice but not against any quality if you look at their records.

And there is a large contingent that had a huge question mark about this hire. I was willing to watch it out. Things happen on the floor; bad plays game gone wrong...etc. My big eyebrow raising alarm is the recruiting. You cant build a program with the rumored attitude. And I am not expecting 4 stars...but I am expecting buzz and direction to the program to where its going to go.
                        Write Something...

Comment

I watched the whole game. There was no evidence based on their performances coming into today that UC would win at Houston. Okay, fine. The Coogs are better than the Cats this year. But I was hoping they would be competitive and lose by 10-15. Because their only path to the NCAA tournament is the auto bid, I like many other fans just want some reasons to be optimistic about the future. Today's game when considered as part of the overall season makes you really wonder about the future. To be clear, CJB seems like a good guy. I am sure most of us want it to work with him. But the team's performance this year, combined with the lack of incoming talent for next year, has me really grasping for reasons to be optimistic. I get it. CJB is coming back for financial reasons. Clearly CJB knows basketball but he is learning to be a Head Coach at the high major level. The question, for me at least, is CJB figuring out fast enough how to be a high major coach?

Comment

I have one question? John Brannen grew up in Northern Kentucky. He knows about UC's defensive and rebounding tradition. Brannen's past teams at NKU have been offensive teams. That is what he believes is the key to winning basketball games. Why in heaven's name would he take the Cincinnati job if his emphasis is not on the defensive side of the ball? In every loss this season except for one game, UC gave up 70 or more points. Check it out for yourself. Going forward, no matter what players he brings in, if Brannen does not become a MUCH BETTER defensive coach he will not be at UC long. Also, maybe it is time for Brannen to re-evaluate his assistant coaches; especially his big man coach.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                              The AD hired him without our voice, why should they not be the ones to pay. Which AD hired CJB. Was it a national search?
                              MIke Bohn hired Brannen, supposedly after a search.

Comment

Does anyone recall who else got serious consideration/ interviewed for the UC HC opening?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X