Houston 2/21 1:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

We just don't have the TALENT ... It's just that simple.... Williams and Diarra are carryover's from Cronin... Besides Eason, who would be on this team if Cronin or Huggins were coaching ? DeJulius and that's probably it...
    I agree. Horizon league talent.

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Agree talent is lacking. But Diarra is terrible. And Keith Williams, our senior guard, is a constant turnover, silly fouls and misses way too many free throws.

Absolutely, Williams is no leader and can't carry the load.... Diarra has regressed from last year.... Its a poorly coached team...

Comment

Now do Diarra.
        and Davenport...nobody on this team looks like a basketball player today.

Comment

Instead of the funeral just beig on the bench, it is on the court today. At 2:22 left in the first, there was no spark off the bench to help the team. One guy comes in twice and was beaten off the dribble 3 times leading to two layups and then a foul. On offense, he stood around and the one time he moved he got called for traveling. He then got beat on the D. Wiliams is playing out of control. You can't blame this on covid. In fact, Houston had a much harder week. Somebody needs to take the blame. I am starting to consider who. I don't like thinking this, and it isn't because they are being blown out against a quality team, but I thought the team should have won bigger against the last 4. I wonder what ZH is thinking though.

Comment

41 seconds what in the name of C. Blount did Vogt just do with that riding on the back. 50 points 19 seconds left in the half. I hope CJB makes some adjustments at the half..

Comment

I've had enough. Houston has three high level recruits signed for next season, Memphis has four including two top 100 players. We have none, and we were shamed in the first half of this game. I've never seen a team fall so far so quickly.

John Brannen has to go. He has to be fired the day after the season ends. Start looking at possible replacements now.
              ESPN Sucks

Comment

I watched West Virginia comeback and beat Texas yesterday.... Would love to have seen those WVU Players in Bearcat Uniforms...
                or the WVU coach back on the bench

Comment

You can't blame this on covid. In fact, Houston had a much harder week. Somebody needs to take the blame.
                  [/QUOTE]

DEAD ON! And the excuses I saw last week on Harvey leaving were ridiculous.... Only ONE person deserves the blame for what we are witnessing on the floor, and that's Brannen.... Lots of teams are dealing with Covid issues and still playing competitive ball....and not losing players unlike this team...

Comment

Now do Diarra.
                    Diarra:
                    3:07 gives up layup
                    2:46 gives up And 1
                    2:04 gives up layup
                    1:20 turnover passes it out of bounds

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

I agree. Horizon league talent.

I would take D'juan Baker over DD anyday

Comment

You can't blame this on covid. In fact, Houston had a much harder week. Somebody needs to take the blame.

DEAD ON! And the excuses I saw last week on Harvey leaving were ridiculous.... Only ONE person deserves the blame for what we are witnessing on the floor, and that's Brannen.... Lots of teams are dealing with Covid issues and still playing competitive ball....and not losing players unlike this team...

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, teams with juniors and seniors are fairing much better through this season for the obvious reason of experience. This includes Houston.

Yes, we should be much better than we are playing...but an honest discussion can’t ignore this fact.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          I've had enough. Houston has three high level recruits signed for next season, Memphis has four including two top 100 players. We have none, and we were shamed in the first half of this game. I've never seen a team fall so far so quickly.

John Brannen has to go. He has to be fired the day after the season ends. Start looking at possible replacements now.
                          Erik Martin deserves a chance.

Comment

Eason seems to have regressed too. I don’t if discipline requires supreme talent, it’s more coaching. There seems to be a lack of discipline under Brannen, the same mistakes being made over and over, some really questionable body language and being out rebounded.

Comment

I remember beating X, Cronin’s first year with Cedric McGown and John Williamson. I remember those Deonta Vaughn team competing in the real BIG EAST. This is coaching. Diarra has some talent/athleticism, Keith Williams is talented. Eason is talented. This is coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Erik Martin deserves a chance.
                                Yes. He needs to bring the toughness that has disappeared under Brannen.
                                ESPN Sucks

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X