Attendance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance

Justin Williams just reported that UC is expecting to get the ok to put some fans in the stands very shortly. Variance could be granted by the state as early as tomorrow but it’s unlikely to affect UCF game attendance because of the late notice.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Per Jason Williams we’ve been granted an attendance variance by the state. 1135 people total in the building including players staff etc.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ticket Info:

https://gobearcats.com/news/2021/2/1...ird-arena.aspx
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope a lot of passionate fans are able to be there. The over-the-top super negative, fair weather fake ones can stay home
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-23-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

It's season tickets holder only and you have to be in the top 300 in red priority points. I was going to comment on that and I think I'll keep my mouth shut.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'll take a stab at it.
            These are our most elite ticket holders, probably donating the most money. Also probably elderly and not exactly rabid fans at this point. I understand the need to take care of your money stream, but it will probably do very little to enhance the atmosphere or home court advantage. We desperately need a 6th man and normal Bearcat crowd to help these kids emotionally. I am sure it would have translated into a few more wins at this point. Veteran teams can overcome adversity and empty buildings. Young teams in transition like ours, can use all the vocal support they can get to keep them playing at their highest capable level. Maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              I hope a lot of passionate fans are able to be there. The over-the-top super negative, fair weather fake ones can stay home
              What exactly makes fans fair weather, fake ones?

Just because fans have higher expectations?

I can only speak for myself, but I have followed UC since the days of Oscar. I have rejoiced during the good times, and suffered during the Tony Yates, Ed Badger days. Complaining does not make us fair weather fans.

Comment

I am an Oldtimer too and understand your perspective. I think his comments are regarding the abundance of negative attacks (right or wrong) that have been levied as of late. All programs have ups and downs and deserve criticism at times. That's healthy and normal, provided it is fair and justified. Complaining does not in and of itself make us fair weather fans, but jumping off the deep end everytime there is a hiccup does. I think "31" and probably most of us, are a little tired of it. Lets keep those high expectations, hold the program accountable, and get this thing turned around constructively and with our most dedicated support.

Comment

I think his point was regardless of your time as a fan, if you are in attendance, make some noise!
                  Cory Huffman
                  Cin City

Comment

Right on, RedDog and loshow22 ... go Cats!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X