Ucf 2/14 1:00 espn+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ucf 2/14 1:00 espn+

This should be a payback game for us. Not sure if we'll be able to pull it off since they handled us pretty well in Orlando. This is going to be a litmus test on how well we play with the new lineup. Last time around we still had Rap and were missing other folks for various reeasons.

UCF is guard centric and just as athletic as we are if not more so. Brandon Mahan, who destroyed us in the last game, is not the leading scorer on this team anymore. That's Darius Perry. They are 6-10 (4-9) and coming off a 4 pt win against Tulane at home last night. Team statistics are very similar to ours.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2116
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-13-2021, 12:39 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Good to bring the Florida players and coaches into some real weather. LOL

Comment

UC a 5.5 favorite, per the ESPN listing for the game

From Dan Hoard on Saturday: Something to keep an eye on for tomorrow's game vs UCF. Brandon Mahan did not play in last night's win over Tulane due to an ankle injury (described as "minor"). Had 25 points and 10 rebounds when UCF beat Cincinnati in December #Bearcats

Comment

Well I would like to comment on my Harvey watch, but what is with this rotation. Just like the last half of the Temple game, Harvey was in only for a couple of minutes. He was unable to get into any flow. Sure Mika Addams woods was hitting threes, but Harvey brings energy. he had little chance to show it. When he was taken out after a few, he put on his warm up top and sat never taking it off. I don't coach the cats so I have no clue to why the coach is subbing like he is. All I know is that the cats were up and lost zeal and now lucky to be up by 1 at the half.

Comment

So tired of them still acting like Williams is "the man".. turnover, airball and then a **** shot to end the half.... not his only "just throw it at the basket" **** shot of the half. I'd rather they set it up for Dejulius to close out.

Comment

Very sloppy end of the first half. This team needs mature leadership.
            ESPN Sucks

Comment

Williams one dumb foul + two charges

Comment

13 to's with 6 min left to play. Not good. 5 for KW.

Comment

We are absolutely horrible at closing out games. Just plain dumb mistakes....or poor coaching. Take your pick.

Comment

Glad to get the win. At times the guys looked absolutely great today.

Comment

Harvey in for 2 minutes at best. He tried to do something, but he couldn't get in the flow. He hit the bench and showed poor body language as he was not leaning forward but slumped. No Saunders, very little Eason and no Diarra in the 2nd. I guess Coach has come to his rotation and he is getting wins. The wins just seem pretty close. I just think Harvey was coming on as a very good player and now he is wearing his warm up and doesn't seem into it.
                      Last edited by leo from jersey; 02-14-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Too many TO's and too many missed FT's but with this team I take any win. Good win period.

Comment

The playing time for Harvey and Diarra probably are reflective of their lack of practice time coming out of Covid-19 protocol. They may just not have the fitness to go very long.

Comment

Would be nice to hold a lead and not make everything a nail biter at the end. Ugh
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                              Harvey in for 2 minutes at best. He tried to do something, but he couldn't get in the flow. He hit the bench and showed poor body language as he was not leaning forward but slumped. No Saunders, very little Eason and no Diarra in the 2nd. I guess Coach has come to his rotation and he is getting wins. The wins just seem pretty close. I just think Harvey was coming on as a very good player and now he is wearing his warm up and doesn't seem into it.

I was wondering myself as to why Harvey wasnt in more. Maybe it is his attitude? Perhaps he shows the same attitude in practice. Perhaps he sees the bone headed plays that senior KW does regularly and feels he should start in front of him as ZH is often the sub in for KW. I wouldnt be surprised if he hits the portal at seasons end and would be dissappointed if he does go as he could be a starter next season .

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X