Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple 2/12 7:00 ESPN+

Surprise!!!!!!

Temple was supposed to play ECU tomorrow. ECU is down and out. Temple was also supposed to play ECU on Saturday at in Greenville and that one's hosed too. Sooooo, Temple gets to come to 5/3. They've lost 3 in row including the one to us.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/218
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-10-2021, 06:01 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I'm beginning to agree with Coach K's lament, "What are we doing?" It's beginning to look as though delaying the start of the season to the spring was a good idea.

Comment

Well, It's game day on a Friday. Outside of conference tournaments and the NCAAs, I'd love to know when the last time we played on a Friday was. It's almost like we're in the Ivy League.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Well, It's game day on a Friday. Outside of conference tournaments and the NCAAs, I'd love to know when the last time we played on a Friday was. It's almost like we're in the Ivy League.
        Nov 16th, 2018 versus Milwaukee at home too. The Emerald Cost Classic was the next week.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Time to make a prediction. The Cats will shoot FT's at a reasonable clip (certainly better than that 48% bricklaying display last week up at Liacouras) and win by at least 7, say 72-65. The score will grow in the latter stages, as the Owls foul to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
            Time to make a prediction. The Cats will shoot FT's at a reasonable clip (certainly better than that 48% bricklaying display last week up at Liacouras) and win by at least 7, say 72-65. The score will grow in the latter stages, as the Owls foul to catch up.
            That sounds good to me!

Justin Williams says Harvey is dressed and getting shots up before the game, so seems like he should be available

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

That sounds good to me!

Justin Williams says Harvey is dressed and getting shots up before the game, so seems like he should be available
              Chad Brendel notes Diarra, in addition to Harvey, also out getting shots up before the game.

Comment

DeJulius, Saunders, Williams, Davenport, Vogt the starters
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-12-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Back to normal. The return of the Harvey watch. The first few minutes in he got lost in the rotating on defense for Temple's wide open shots. That was to be expected, but he picked up and then leads the team in scoring. Looking forward to the second half.

Comment

Saunders was playing poor defense and was yanked in the first half. He went on the court to start the second half and coach called him to the bench where he stayed the rest of the game. At the end Harvey was put in for 15 seconds and then taken out for Madsen, Madsen did play well. What's up with Saunders?

Comment

Saunders doesn’t look like a high major player. He doesn’t do anything particularly well.
                      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Brannen still has confidence in Saunders. He says he's being groomed to take the point ("the most difficult position"). But due to covid, he's not been able to practice against the competition he needs to be practicing against.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                          Back to normal. The return of the Harvey watch. The first few minutes in he got lost in the rotating on defense for Temple's wide open shots. That was to be expected, but he picked up and then leads the team in scoring. Looking forward to the second half.

Harvey looks to me like hes playing with less apprehension and more confidence. Although his first few minutes was a bit hectic.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                            Brannen still has confidence in Saunders. He says he's being groomed to take the point ("the most difficult position"). But due to covid, he's not been able to practice against the competition he needs to be practicing against.
                            Well last night Brannen didn't seem too pleased. I can understand why he didn't get much time in a close second half . The team didn't look good until he came out of the game in the first half.

Comment

This deserves it own post. While Vogt had some of his shots blocked and got out rebounded in the first half, I must give him a few cheers. I had been on him (expectations for a 7 footer), but the last few games he is becoming a vital piece to the team. Perhaps this is one reason for the victories. His he Kenyon underneath, no but I think his presence won the game last night. Kenyon isn't coming back and I am thrilled with 6 block shots, a few points and rebounds. Diarra didn't play the second half as Vogt was too valuable.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X