schedule question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schedule question

Are we goin to end up only playing 20 total games?

That's a distinct possiblity. The AAC office doesn't seem to be making any moves to reschedule stuff to be honest. We lost non conference games up front and have lost 4 AAC games to postponements.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I thought they were trying to schedule 2 makeups in the dead week on the schedule?

Comment

Seeding for this years ncaa tournament is going to be a nightmare to be sure. Some teams will have by years end played almost a third more of their scheduled games than other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
          I thought they were trying to schedule 2 makeups in the dead week on the schedule?
          Brannen said on his radio show that UC are trying to fill that open week with one or two games. However, he said AAC schedules are tight and wasn't sure they could pull it off.

Comment

Tonight, Brannen clarified that, while UC do want to play during their off-week, the AAC has ruled that only postponed games may be made up. They may not play any other teams. He also said that, similar to the Temple game, the scheduled home game versus UH may be moved to Houston, since the Cougars lost their home game in the matchup.

On an unrelated note, he said that Covid really hit hard, with both players and staff experiencing strong symptoms. He doesn't know if Harvey and Diarra will be cleared to play in Memphis.

Comment

The Houston game was just announced as moved to Houston.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That is total BS!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  The Houston game was just announced as moved to Houston.
                  Did they say why it was moved?

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

Did they say why it was moved?
                    My understanding is that when a game is canceled or postponed due to COVID protocols, and that game will not be rescheduled, the AAC AD's voted to allow the school that was not prohibited from playing due to COVID to choose where the game will be played. So, any home games that UC lost due to COVID will likely be played as away games only.

Comment

We seem to be playing better on the road lately. When we play, lol.

Comment

Scratch one more. Memphis is on pause.

London Cat is correct. If you throw in tomorrow's cancellation, we have played 7 out of 12 on the road going into UCF at home.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I have questions about the viability and necessity of the AAC tournament in Ft. Worth to be honest. You can do it but should you?

I feel a bit for the AAC here (and DFW locals like myself), Brand new spanking arena in Ft. Worth and we may have to throw in the towel 2 years in a row. Hope there was an act of God clause in that contract.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Scratch one more. Memphis is on pause.

London Cat is correct. If you throw in tomorrow's cancellation, we have played 7 out of 12 on the road going into UCF at home.
                            Was the Memphis game postponed due to UC’s Covid protocol or Memphis’?

Comment

Memphis. It apparently didn't affect the Tigers' women. UC are playing there right now.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X