X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We almost beat a team shooting 34% rebounding is better, turnovers better
    IF they stay in it mentally, we'll get some wins

Comment

I fear the standard has slipped so much that we are expected to be content with moral victories. No thanks.

Comment

It's like Groundhog Day. Every game is exactly the same.

Comment

I am sorry but when 3 of your starters combined shoot less than 28% from the flied and your center makes 4 points and gets 3 rebounds you probably are not going to win.

Comment

The good guys came back twice from double digit leads and still made a game of it. Im seeing better team chemistry and way better body language from all concerned. Now we just need to teach defense to the young guys and get them some confidence to hit some $@%&#* treys and we' ll progress as the season goes on although we will still be the strongest when were small. Ill make a prediction that Davenport is going to be a star once he learns to play within the flow of the game better. Hes still just a little rushed to make things happen. And I agree that Saunders although he does make some fantastic passes they are not leading to scores for various reasons. We need MAW to stay in the game to allow him to locate his shot jmho. One thing I would make comment on though is someone needs to tell the refs that offensive players are not allowed to pitch a tent and rub two sticks together to build a campfire in the paint area. Almost every time down the floor in their offensive sets Tulsa was able to send smoke signals and wait for the ball. It was ridiculous!

Comment

Has anyone checked out the season's stats for the American (basketball)? The last time I checked, UC was either last, second to last, or third to last in 15 out of 21 categories. Not only is UC the worst team in the league (wins and losses), they are the worst defensive team in the conference by a long shot. UC gives up about 71 pts. a game but only scores about 68 pts. a game. Over the past 28 years or so, UC has a tradition of winning games when it does not score well. In Brannen's system, if UC is not scoring well they are probably losing. Brannen does not understand how to win if his teams are not good scoring teams. Also, why not insert Davenport into the starting lineup and use Adams-Woods off of the bench. Adams -Woods is not a shooting guard. He has problems playing bigger guards and fighting through screens. Put him on the second team and give him the green light. He may be more productive than he is now. Where are the wins going to come from? Brannen so far has not shown that he can coach winning basketball with his recruits. However, we have got to give him a chance. He is on a learning curve and a lot of this stuff is probably new to him, maybe. Anyway, it is going to be interesting to see if Brannen makes any adjustments or if he is going to be stubborn and believe that if the team continues to do what they are doing the wins will eventually come. There are only about 17 games left. UC basketball has not been this bad since the second year of the Big East days. Come on Brannen; what you are doing is not working. Try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                We almost beat a team shooting 34% rebounding is better, turnovers better
                IF they stay in it mentally, we'll get some wins
                "We'll get some wins." Is that what we're down to now?

ESPN Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I don't know Chuck. I just don't know...

Comment

Per Mo Egger:
                    Tulsa had Brandon Rachal and Rey Idowu.

”UC had a starting five that went 11 for 43, and like a dozen or something missed free throws in the closing minutes.

Beyond frustrating.”

KW has to hit FTs when it matters. DD needs to stop letting his man constantly beat him to the hoop.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Obviously not, someone asked, who are we going to beat? We're gonna win some, no one knows how many, we all want the same thing
                      forgive me for trying to see some positives and having some hope
                      brannen may not work out, maybe we'll suck for awhile and he'll get fired
                      or maybe we keep improving, maybe make a run in the conference tourney
                      I want this program to be good so bad, I can't accept brannen can't do it...yet

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                        This team has no ability to finish. Missed FT's, missed shots at the rim, defensive breakdowns. I don't know who we beat in the league with this group.
                        The defense in the first half was fairly awful. They got it together later in the game but to be honest, they came out flat. I don't think it's all on Brannen. He's coached the weirdest 2 years in UC hoops history?

Defense needs to be better. We need a big that can rebound and defend. I'm not down on Vogt becuase he's doing what he can but recruiting needs to pick up at that position if we're going to compete in this conference.

MAW needs confidence. Missed multiple wide open shots today. He was one of the few guys getting good looks and just didn't bang them down when he needed to to.

On Saunders. Very aggressive. That's why he's here. This isn't Cronin's offense. The young guys were recruited to push the pace. That said Saunders is a freshman. He's going to make a few blunders that we'll have to live with.

I think we'll get significantly better but it might take longer than we'd like.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I thought they were totally disjointed, slow of foot, and confused out there. What the heck was I watching. KW doesn't need to have the ball at the end as other teams know to foul him. Hard to watch this fractured display. So far, this is a very bad team.

Comment

The second half gave me hope.

Zach Harvey is looking better and better.

Was it just me or did the team tend to look for Sanders instead of DeJulius? I thought I saw a couple times where he was open and they waited for Sanders to pass him the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                              The second half gave me hope.

Zach Harvey is looking better and better.

Was it just me or did the team tend to look for Sanders instead of DeJulius? I thought I saw a couple times where he was open and they waited for Sanders to pass him the ball.
                              It is time for the team to start looking to Harvey. When he is in, I watch him. If there is a choice to pass to two open men, Harvey doesn't get the ball. I realize others need confidence in you and harvey oftens passes it after one second, but he needs the ball. He did have a nice drive, but he still passes too quickly. Perhaps he needs some coaching development.

Comment

I'll go back to Saunders and DD for that matter. I hate when smaller guards can't hit open jump shots. I don't understand why UC always seems to find these guys. Teams are just packing it in on us around the basket because other than Davenport nobody is a consistent threat outside. Brannen's free flowing offense won't work if we can't hit threes when open. I hear Brannen say that the shots will start to fall but the season will be over by then. All that said the defense is still the bigger problem.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X