Ucf 12/22 4:00 espn+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ucf 12/22 4:00 espn+

OK first about the TV thing, if you haven't signed up for ESPN+ yet you're going to miss 3 out of the next 5 games. You've been warned. This is a road game and don't think we got to pick the game time. The game is at 4:00 in the afternoon. Not much anyone can do about that.

UCF is better than expected as they just defeated #15 FSU on the road by 12 points. Brandon Mahan, who we tried to get, Is the leading scorer at 21ppg. He's the guy that needs to be stopped. Can't send him to the line either, becuase he hasn't missed a FT yet this year.

We may end playing small ball against these guys as almost everyoin is 6'9" or shorter. They have two true centers and neither of them get any minutes but as we've seen our guys in the post are too slow to keep up with athletic forwards. I think you can go down low against them in a slow tempo game but they're averaging about 70ppg as a team which is faster pace than what we've seen from UCF in recent years.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2116
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    OK first about the TV thing, if you haven't signed up for ESPN+ yet you're going to miss 3 out of the next 5 games. You've been warned. This is a road game and don't think we got to pick the game time. The game is at 4:00 in the afternoon. Not much anyone can do about that.

UCF is better than expected as they just defeated #15 FSU on the road by 12 points. Brandon Mahan, who we tried to get, Is the leading scorer at 21ppg. He's the guy that needs to be stopped. Can't send him to the line either, becuase he hasn't missed a FT yet this year.

We may end playing small ball against these guys as almost everyoin is 6'9" or shorter. They have two true centers and neither of them get any minutes but as we've seen our guys in the post are too slow to keep up with athletic forwards. I think you can go down low against them in a slow tempo game but they're averaging about 70ppg as a team which is faster pace than what we've seen from UCF in recent years.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2116
    Brent - I hate to say it, but unless things change dramatically this team isn't worth spending any money on to watch. Yesterday's effort was pathetic. For someone who was in Oscar's graduation class and is used to watching quality college hoops this is dreadful. Maybe things change, I certainly hope so - maybe we've become a football school and hoops will take a back seat?

Comment

When I looked at the TV schedule I pretty much decided that I'm not paying to watch any of the games this year. Unfortunately the guys seem lost out there.
      If things improve...maybe next year.

Comment

In this conference, football is at its ceiling. If basketball takes a backseat, it's a dark dark day for me.

Comment

RADIO: 700 WLW; Dan Hoard provides play-by-play with color analyst Kevin Johnson
          TV: ESPN+; Austin Lyon provides play-by-play with color analyst Mike O'Donnell

https://gobearcats.com/news/2020/12/...n-tuesday.aspx

Comment

Starters: David, Mika, Keith, Tari, Chris

ESPN shows UC as a 2.5 point favorite, that is a bit surprising
            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 12-22-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

14 Turnovers in 1st half. How are we even in the game?

Comment

15 fouls, 15 turnovers and tied at the half. Sheesh. Seems like it is only a matter of time before UCF breaks away, given that UC had three guys with 3 fouls. Unless they can do something completely different. Pressure on the guards now, as the bigs are all going to foul out.

Comment

Eason with 4 at 18:45 on a clean block.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Stop turning it over, so of course we can't make shot

Comment

Unforced careless turnovers. It’s infuriating!

Comment

We try to force it (to the extreme) to Vogt. Why? So he can miss, not catch it, or get fouled and miss both?

Comment

Can't shoot, can't defend and way too many turnovers and fouls. Man are they bad!

Comment

How many coaches were interviewed for the UC job?

Comment

Mika Adams-Woods has really regresses.
                              My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X