No announcement yet.

South Florida 12/16 7:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer the question as to why Saunders is starting over Dejulius is exactly what the concern is about this team versus those of the past. Defense. Dejulius couldnt keep up with their freshman guard plus hes not scoring. And hes not even passing to open shots. The only thing DD is doing thus far is NOT turning it over. Saunders came in and for the most part slowed the kid down and caused him to commit two turnovers and a foul. Plus he was able to penetrate several times and dished it to vogt twice. Vogt scored once and turned it over once, and Saunders scored once I believe. I Dont recall DD attempting to drive a single time all game long but did score one trey. DD was recruited from the big ten conference and has done.even less than
    Rap so far.

Comment

There's a lot to be said for a guard that doesn't turn it over. I honestly didn't notice he was having that much trouble with Murphy. I do agree with with your assessment that DeJulius didn't drive at all. I noted that elsewhere but I need to go back and watch that game again to pick up on why.

As much as I always cringed at some the athletic non shooting guys that Cronin used to recruit, We're currently not athletic enough in the post outside of Tari Eason and that got us beat.

Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am not dissing DD. I was just pointing out that at just four games DD is having difficulty finding his niche here. I stated after the Tenn. game that I was sensing that getting DD and Williams comfortable with each other in Brannens style of play was not going to happen overnight. I think he will end up being a very good player for our team when all is said and done. I will also offer up that I think Rap is trying too hard, putting pressure on himself. He needs to relax. But he is not going to be a rebounder and this situation was exacerbated with Diaras sudden departure leaving no one to spell Vogt. Rap was just recently delegated to be the 6th man coming in to provide offense with Eason starting for his rebounding. And Eason will be a great player for us eventually but just a freshman starting just his second game and all this has not even had time for our team to acclimate themselves. The best combination of players has yet to be sorted out with two who were recruited to be staples not playing to potential as of yet. And our senior trying desperately to show that this is his team. I still think that Davenport could be a real asset spelling vogt at the five occasionally if he can learn how to position himself. Rebounding is mostly getting in optimum position and wanting to get the bball. One of the best rebounders in recent UC history was only 6'7" although he was built like a truck ( Eric Hicks). Its just unfortunate that we had to play a conference game with so few games under belt but it is was it is. Once this team learns how to play with one another I think we will be alright. Two things that do baffle me is why Gabe Madsen has not made an appearance and why ZH has not progressed more than he has being a 5 star recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          There's a lot to be said for a guard that doesn't turn it over. I honestly didn't notice he was having that much trouble with Murphy. I do agree with with your assessment that DeJulius didn't drive at all. I noted that elsewhere but I need to go back and watch that game again to pick up on why.

As much as I always cringed at some the athletic non shooting guys that Cronin used to recruit, We're currently not athletic enough in the post outside of Tari Eason and that got us beat.

If we don't figure out how to get a defensive rebound, much less an offensive one, this is going to be a long season.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X