SECN+ (Tennessee Game)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SECN+ (Tennessee Game)

So I just saw the Tennesee game will be on SECN+. I'm a little confused about how this works, and was hoping someone could fill me in.

If I understand correctly, SECN+ is online app based only and cannot be watched through a TV service. I have Hulu Live, which has the SEC Network, so it looks like I can use my login credentials from Hulu to access it. But then I'm seeing you actually access SECN+ through the ESPN App.

Can they make any of this more confusing?

Here's my question: Say I want to watch this game on my TV, how do I do it? Do I just hook up my computer to the TV and login to the ESPN app, or can I install the ESPN app on my firestick and just login from there?

MDW79, I posted this in another thread but I’m guessing you’re not the only person with this question.

“I have this set up on Hulu already. Just FYI for streamers, this has nothing to do with ESPN+ but I'm fairly sure to get the alternate SECN channel in the ESPN app, you need to have an ESPN.com account. If you're on ESPN+, you have one already. If not, you need to register with ESPN.com and download the ESPN app to a mobile device or streaming device if needed. From there, you need to provide them with your Streaming provider credentials in settings so you can connect the accounts. Hulu makes this fairly easy since Hulu and ESPN are both owned by Disney.

If anyone has the scoop on how to make this work for folks on YoutubeTV please post it.”

I think the answer to your question is to download the ESPN app to your Firestick or use whatever device your using to stream Hulu.

I’ll look into it more
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

According to the Directv Guide, the game is on channel 611-1 SECHDa.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
        According to the Directv Guide, the game is on channel 611-1 SECHDa.
        Thank you for posting this. It wasn't listed the other day when I looked for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          MDW79, I posted this in another thread but I’m guessing you’re not the only person with this question.

“I have this set up on Hulu already. Just FYI for streamers, this has nothing to do with ESPN+ but I'm fairly sure to get the alternate SECN channel in the ESPN app, you need to have an ESPN.com account. If you're on ESPN+, you have one already. If not, you need to register with ESPN.com and download the ESPN app to a mobile device or streaming device if needed. From there, you need to provide them with your Streaming provider credentials in settings so you can connect the accounts. Hulu makes this fairly easy since Hulu and ESPN are both owned by Disney.

If anyone has the scoop on how to make this work for folks on YoutubeTV please post it.”

I think the answer to your question is to download the ESPN app to your Firestick or use whatever device your using to stream Hulu.

I’ll look into it more
          Lobot from what I understand, with YTTV (which is what I have), you will be able to access the game link on ESPN + and then enter your YTTV login to watch when asked to select your service provider. That is my understanding, but if i'm wrong or you find out differently, please add the additional info.
          Cory Huffman
          Cin City

Comment

I really dont know where or how to direct my frustration at this whole situation other than its just another aggravation connected with this year of the pandemic, not to mention lining the pockets of major conference pockets but having to jump through all these hoops, downloading all these apps, subscribing to multiple steaming services, after having paid for the sports packages on my local cable service, figuring out how to cast these streams to a tv, only to relent to being frustrated, and end watching the bball game on my telephone after much disgust and a whole lot of swearing does not make for an enjoyable experience. I get the same exact feeling on a sunday by watching a bungals game. I just dont do that anymore. It seems to me that Aresco? the AAC commish could have bartered a better tv deal other than freakin espn plus. This blows chunks trying to find the next bearcat game and now I got to find sec plus? Whats next antenna tv plus (sarcasm) There I got it off my chest!

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Lobot from what I understand, with YTTV (which is what I have), you will be able to access the game link on ESPN + and then enter your YTTV login to watch when asked to select your service provider. That is my understanding, but if i'm wrong or you find out differently, please add the additional info.
              This makes perfect sense to me
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It looks like Cincinnati Bell customers will need to watch on channel 205, is that correct? No HD for SEC alternative. Regular SEC is 204 and 604 (HD).
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                  I really dont know where or how to direct my frustration at this whole situation other than its just another aggravation connected with this year of the pandemic, not to mention lining the pockets of major conference pockets but having to jump through all these hoops, downloading all these apps, subscribing to multiple steaming services, after having paid for the sports packages on my local cable service, figuring out how to cast these streams to a tv, only to relent to being frustrated, and end watching the bball game on my telephone after much disgust and a whole lot of swearing does not make for an enjoyable experience. I get the same exact feeling on a sunday by watching a bungals game. I just dont do that anymore. It seems to me that Aresco? the AAC commish could have bartered a better tv deal other than freakin espn plus. This blows chunks trying to find the next bearcat game and now I got to find sec plus? Whats next antenna tv plus (sarcasm) There I got it off my chest!
                  We understand, Rufus. Rants are good therapy. But I'll take the current state of affairs over the old days anytime. I remember the early 60s when very few games were on TV. One year there was a playoff game to decide whether UC or Bradley got to go to the NCAA tourney. No TV at all. At least most games are on TV now, and for a reasonable price, in my view.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X