Xavier 12/6 3:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier 12/6 3:00 ESPN

It’s officially Xavier week. Note to radio listeners, This game will be on Kiss-FM 107.1 for reasons. I’m assuming WLW has this week’s Bengals catastrophe on. That probably means radio folks will get Mo Egger for play by play again since Dan Hoard will be occupied.

Xavier is 5-0 coming into the game but has had some close calls against unimpressive teams.

..will add more later
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    It’s officially Xavier week. Note to radio listeners, This game will be on Kiss-FM 107.1 for reasons. I’m assuming WLW has this week’s Bengals catastrophe on. That probably means radio folks will get Mo Egger for play by play again since Dan Hoard will be occupied.

Xavier is 5-0 coming into the game but has had some close calls against unimpressive teams.

..will add more later
    Mo Egger said countless times during yesterday's radio broadcast that Dan Hoard will be back on Sunday (while he doesn't get to go to Miami, Hoard is a real winner here by calling UC/XU over Bengals/Dolphins).

Xavier has an advantage of five games under its belt and it is possible that the three quarantining players (two scholarships, one walk-on) could return with the CDC guidance change. However, don't overlook the fact that UC will have a bunch of film on Xavier and there's only one game to show for UC.

Comment

Thanks for correcting me on that. I had Matt Noonan and KJ on last night and didn’t hear that.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Thanks for correcting me on that. I had Matt Noonan and KJ on last night and didn’t hear that.
        Sure thing - and hope it did not come off the wrong way by me saying that Mo mentioned "countless times." I just have a memory of Mo saying it almost every time he came back from commercial to the point it was kind of comical -- probably self-awareness on his part of fans' love of Hoard / some self-deprecation by Mo. Haha.

Go 'Cats, beat "the team we are playing on Sunday!"

Comment

This is one game i would not bet with someone else's money. My guess is for Uc to win Vogt and Rap have to do some damage inside. I'm sure X will pull Freemantle away from the bucket to shoot some 3's. Question is how well they shoot in their first road game. I typically have an opinion, but this one is a toss up in my book. They've played more game, but all in their building. Even without a crowd a different gym is a change particularly the first one. I'll be curious to see the betting lines on this game.

Comment

Even though they haven't played anyone of significance, and they barely won several of them, they are still 5-0 and this really is an important game and almost a must early win. With the shortened season and fewer non conference opportunities, you have to grab the resume builders when you can. It wouldn't surprise me if come selection time, we could be battling for the same at large spot and head to head could tilt the scale. Plus I just hate the thought of not beating those ......guys.
            I don't care for Freemantle and his antics. I think things could get pretty physical with our bigs and even though both rosters are relatively new to the rivalry, I expect this one to get pretty chippy.

Comment

I hope the David Dejulius that s been championed thus far comes and makes his appearance for this game. Need a good game from the guards in this one. Go cats

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                I hope the David Dejulius that s been championed thus far comes and makes his appearance for this game. Need a good game from the guards in this one. Go cats
                The guy that has to show up is Keith Williams. If this is his team so to speak he can't be picking up early fouls sitting on the bench, etc. This is his final go round. He's got to play like it. Vogt typically will give you his 10 or 15 points and 7 or 8 rebounds. Keith has to bring it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                  Mika Adams-Woods was solid the whole game. DeJulius for the second half. Getting good guard play from both elevates this team and takes pressure off of the rest.

Comment

My prediction....we trail for most of the game, take a lead late, but end up losing by 3 or 4 in a low scoring rock fight. UC has more talent but they don't know how to play with each other yet. X will zone us and if we can't shoot them out of it I don't see how we win. I dearly hope I am dead wrong.

Question...Vogt looks skinnier but it does not appear to have improved his quickness in my vast one game experience?

Comment

I think X wins this game because they have 5 games under their belt to work out the kinks plus they always seem to beat us several times for every time we beat them. I think this game is still huge to them and their fans and they love to beat us. It doesn't seem like we take it as serious and I don't understand why. This game isn't their "super bowl" like it was in the 80's and 90's but they still seem to want this game more than us.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

The guy that has to show up is Keith Williams. If this is his team so to speak he can't be picking up early fouls sitting on the bench, etc. This is his final go round. He's got to play like it. Vogt typically will give you his 10 or 15 points and 7 or 8 rebounds. Keith has to bring it.
                        December 2018, UC wins 62-47. Keith played 30 mins and went for 16 (7/14 FG, 2/2 FT), 4 rebounds, 2 blocks. Would like to see something similar, though I recall at least one huge dunk that got the crowd in a frenzy which won't have quite the impact with no fans.

Stat lines from last year:
                        - Vogt: 29 mins, 10 points (5/8 FG, 0/1 FT), 8 rebounds, 2 blocks
                        - Williams: 33 mins, 15 points (6/14 FG, 1/4 three, 2/4 FT), 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
                        - Diarra: 7 mins, 2 points (1/1 FG, 0/2 FT), 6 rebounds
                        - Adams-Woods: 21 mins, 10 points (4/4 FG, 2/2 three), 3 rebounds
                        - Davenport: 4 mins, zero stats

I do like seeing that KW, CV, MAW have all put up some numbers in this game. And I don't see a guy like Rapolas being overwhelmed by the rivalry, especially with no fans. Hopefully Harvey and DeJulius come to play as well and the freshmen and Dou aren't a liability. Often times, feel like the bench doesn't show up in these games -- but actually scored 26 in last year's loss and just 6 in the 2018 win.

Paul Scruggs is the most experienced X-man, plus Freemantle (9), Carter (5), and Tandy (0) got some run last year during the Naji Marshall show.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcN3...ature=youtu.be 20 mins of comments from CJB, David and Chris

also, Jason Benetti and fan favorite Dan Dakich on the call. I believe UC actually has a 2-0 record with Dakich on the call: 2012 at US Bank Arena and 2018 at home. He didn't do the two home games in between.
                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 12-04-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcN3...ature=youtu.be 20 mins of comments from CJB, David and Chris

also, Jason Benetti and fan favorite Dan Dakich on the call. I believe UC actually has a 2-0 record with Dakich on the call: 2012 at US Bank Arena and 2018 at home. He didn't do the two home games in between.
                            Automute. Can't stand Dakich
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Agree, pompous ***

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X