This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

New podcast up from "B. Fox" + guest Justin Williams and one of his (Fox's) employment law colleagues https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...3-1a3bdab15dbf
    Apparently, it's OK to for UC to do due diligence regarding other coaches during this process.

Comment

• Then there’s this salvo from Brannen’s lawyer. ($)

In case you can’t read it, the lawyers are claiming Cunningham had no legal authority to suspend Brannen.

That seems like a really dubious claim IMO.

https://theathletic.com/realtime/OxD...pp_brief_share
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Then there’s this salvo from Brannen’s lawyer. ($)

In case you can’t read it, the lawyers are claiming Cunningham had no legal authority to suspend Brannen.

I would have to imagine someone(s) at UC would be able to do that. This is such a messy divorce!

Comment

• As Memphis and penny Hardaway retools and upgrades we sit here watching this thing slowly implode

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post

I would have to imagine someone(s) at UC would be able to do that. This is such a messy divorce!
            Yeah. Not like the AD is Brannen’s boss or anything. This the legal team throwing stuff at the wall.
            Last edited by Lobot; 04-08-2021, 08:51 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Then there’s this salvo from Brannen’s lawyer. ($)

Well, the lawyers here believe this is going to backfire on Brannen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...3-1a3bdab15dbf

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Well, the lawyers here believe this is going to backfire on Brannen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...3-1a3bdab15dbf
                Yeah. I mean Brannen's choice of a legal team is going to backfire on Brannen
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yeah. I mean Brannen's choice of a legal team is going to backfire on Brannen
                  If he is in limbo and hasn't been talked to I think the statement is fine. His lawyer is working to get the information. What's he got to lose? By putting him in this position if he keeps the job, he is missing recruiting opportunities. His team will suck and it will be his fault. The obvious meaning behind the "Leave" albeit paid, is to announce you're going to be fired soon. So put the cards on the table and move on. This feels like Watergate.

Comment

• Clearly what's happening has two paths. One, find another coach. Two, get legal precedent to fire with cause. That's what's going on, but the blackout is the frustrating part for us.

Comment

• Brannen has coached his last game at UC, that much is clear. Whether UC has cause to terminate him, whether he receives a full buyout, or a negotiated payment is the only fact that remains unknown at this point. I suspect that both sides are working as hard as they can to secure the most financially beneficial package for its side of the dispute. In the meantime, there is nothing prohibiting UC from moving forward with the selection process for its next coach, which I hope has begun at this point.

Comment

• You know gentlemen, were all concerned about this mess and were all frustrated and confused, searching for answers but none are forth coming. I myself log on several times a day to see if any new information has gotten out but no it never does. Were at the point now that were just repeating ourselves ( posts) in this thread because there is such a dearth of any and all information pertaining to this. And until these two men quit postering and flexing their respective muscles (attorneys) nothing whatsoever is ever going to get resolved. I sincerely believe that we are going to see no recruiting done for the upcoming season, and I believe that we will have to "settle" on a coach just so we can put a team in contention this year because this thing is going to go on and on. These two men with their egos have and continue to destroy UC basketball for the unforeseeable future. The recruits that promised to stay are already getting antsy and are wanting to choose their next school. And as long as these parties are just leaking legal salvos in the media instead of nuttin up and confronting the issue my fear is that this is going to continue to drag on through the summer. Brannen can't return here to coach and be effective and Cunningham is walking a very fine line in being very shrewd or just a complete clown. This remains to be seen. It would have been a whole lot less painful and way less embarrassing and destructive just to pay Brannen his contract and send him packing if that was his (JC's) original intent.
                        Last edited by Rufus; 04-09-2021, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          You know gentlemen, were all concerned about this mess and were all frustrated and confused, searching for answers but none are forth coming. I myself log on several times a day to see if any new information has gotten out but no it never does. Were at the point now that were just repeating ourselves ( posts) in this thread because there is such a dearth of any and all information pertaining to this. And until these two men quit postering and flexing their respective muscles (attorneys) nothing whatsoever is ever going to get resolved. I sincerely believe that we are going to see no recruiting done for the upcoming season, and I believe that we will have to "settle" on a coach just so we can put a team in contention this year because this thing is going to go on and on. These two men with their egos have and continue to destroy UC basketball for the unforeseeable future. The recruits that promised to stay are already getting antsy and are wanting to choose their next school. And as long as these parties are just leaking legal salvos in the media instead of nuttin up and confronting the issue my fear is that this is going to continue to drag on through the summer. Brannen can't return here to coach and be effective and Cunningham is walking a very fine line in being very shrewd or just a complete clown. This remains to be seen. It would have been a whole lot less painful and way less embarrassing and destructive just to pay Brannen his contract and send him packing if that was his (JC's) original intent.
                          There may have been and still might be many back room meetings and disagreements. Now it is the legal process. This may very well rests in hands of a few besides the AD. I asked earlier if JB had upset some booster or two. Who knows.

Comment

• No matter what happens, Brannen is going to be damaged goods. I was all for giving him another normal year and a few more quality transfers to see what he could do. Cunningham has royally screwed up this situation and should also be fired. If he didn't like what was going on, he should have offered a full buyout and a press release stating that the University and John Brannen have agreed to part company and good luck in his future endeavors. I'm embarrassed to be part of the UC family right now.

Comment

• See.. I'm not embarassed at all.. I'm pissed. We are like the long term employees at a great place to work. The AD/Coach are those new employees that come in to our good situation and start messing it up. Neither one has been here long enough to really be considered part of the family. They come in, make a mess of things and then will depart leaving us with clean up duties.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                                See.. I'm not embarassed at all.. I'm pissed. We are like the long term employees at a great place to work. The AD/Coach are those new employees that come in to our good situation and start messing it up. Neither one has been here long enough to really be considered part of the family. They come in, make a mess of things and then will depart leaving us with clean up duties.
                                You're assuming the situation was good before they got here. Re: basketball, it was not. The root cause of all this is not Brannen or Cunningham. Things have obviously gotten worse since they arrived and not better. I think we can blame John Brannen for that.

You'll notice none of this is going on within the other athletic programs as far as we know. If you consider that to be a fact, then Cunningham's not the problem?
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X