Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyers may speak to lawyers but... the fact that NOBODY from UC has even officially told him what the accusations are ??? Come on... thats not fair to anyone. You put your coach under a cloud of suspicion and make it impossible for him to offer his side of it ? And.. I'm not saying he should stay or go... I'm saying that this has been handled poorly from the go. I also think its unfair to use this as just a means of getting rid of a coach that you were unhappy with. You wanna fire the coach.. fire him... don't look to save yourself money by artificially looking for something that can be used as cause. Come out and say.. we are not happy with our coach and so we are terminating his contract and will go in a different direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

I'm in this camp, but furthermore unless you have concrete allegations you can terminate someone for, or 5mm to pay them this is the dumbest route and worse timing in history. You have kids all over hitting this portal and it's not like we're alone. Even if you do not want someone you don't play this hand unless you can win it. They're going to look awful stupid if they don't. If you don't, you sure as heck don't cut the legs out form under your coach to where you can't recruit. I fear this Cunningham is long on compliance and short on working common sense.
      I still wonder if JB ruffled feathers besides the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
        Lawyers may speak to lawyers but... the fact that NOBODY from UC has even officially told him what the accusations are ??? Come on... thats not fair to anyone. You put your coach under a cloud of suspicion and make it impossible for him to offer his side of it ? And.. I'm not saying he should stay or go... I'm saying that this has been handled poorly from the go. I also think its unfair to use this as just a means of getting rid of a coach that you were unhappy with. You wanna fire the coach.. fire him... don't look to save yourself money by artificially looking for something that can be used as cause. Come out and say.. we are not happy with our coach and so we are terminating his contract and will go in a different direction.
        100%!! The bad PR is costing far more than the buyout. UC needs to cut ties and cut ties NOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Total waste of time. These guys are supposed to be sports journalists with inside info, but nothing on here but uneducated guesses you can get anywhere. Outside of Williams at The Athletic, nothing is really coming out.
          My exact thought after 3 minutes of the bb talk. I knew Tuesday and the other said they knew Friday. They knew what they were told only. They are filling podcasts and trying to sell subscriptions. Journalism died in cowardice, entrepreneurship and fear of unemployment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
            No one in their right mind would be willing to come here to play or coach after watching this debacle. UC bball has officially been dismantled.
            Maybe, but a lot of us thought nobody in their right mind would want to coach Bearcat football after Tuberville wrecked the program. It's just really important to get the right guy at this point. It's easier to turn around a team in basketball than football.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Maybe, but a lot of us thought nobody in their right mind would want to coach Bearcat football after Tuberville wrecked the program. It's just really important to get the right guy at this point. It's easier to turn around a team in basketball than football.
              Especially now with the transfer portal having 800+ players in it.

Comment

• This is being played out in the press and on Twitter at this point. Williams has the UC side. Jenkins has the Brannen side. Brendel has his own side from the look of it. Rauch seems to have the X side, whatever that is. Does anyone really have the players side?

I don't really have a side becuase I'm interested in the long term success of the program and I'm getting sick of this pissing match. After this afternoon's dueling media soap opera BS, I just want this settled CORRECTLY.

Or, conversely, Fire Everybody and start the **** over.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I wonder why it's being mentioned that kids are transferring everywhere. It's true but not everywhere does it have a story attached to the transfer and this type of Coaching review. Something happened if it's gone this far and I doubt it's just because one man (JC) athletic director did not like the guy.

The only thing that's really known is the man's first year recruiting class bailed and they say it's his fought. A lot of speculating going on here, which is entertaining but Jeez man.

I think it's to be expected the process is taking longer than expected especially with a Fresh AD on the scene making sure he does this the right way, in the spotlight and position he's in. Do any of you really believe this is something he would want to do out of spite? Putting all reputations on the line University, Brannen and himself included. Sounds like a big risk to take honestly. I'm sure a more experienced AD would have this going a lot smoother but give the man a break.

Might else well grab a seat, get some popcorn and enjoy the show. The UC basketball program has Prestige and a solid alumni base, doubt this right here dismantles all of that. Feels like we've been through the grittiest of rebuilds already. This right here should be pretty simple.

And just Saying, I really didn't care whether Brennan raged or not, every coach has his style you have to live with. The guy just had a morphing thing going that was funny. It seems maybe he couldn't control all that passion though maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

Comment

• A little off topic, but why did UC hire a president from Louisville? They aren’t exactly an academic powerhouse.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bobestes;n379937]A little off topic, but why did UC hire a president from Louisville? They aren’t exactly an academic powerhouse.

He loves the school and the city.
                      Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-05-2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• he is actually home grown. It is common in academics to take a post at another institute to get some different experience and then come back.

Neville G. Pinto serves as the 30th President of the University of Cincinnati. A university teacher, researcher and administrator with more than 35 years of experience in higher education, he became UC’s chief executive on Feb. 20, 2017. He is the first UC president to rise from the ranks of UC’s faculty since Herman Schneider, the founder of cooperative education (1928-1932).
                        Just prior to returning to UC to serve as president, Dr. Pinto led the University of Louisville as acting president and professor of chemical engineering. Before serving at the University of Louisville, he served for 26 years on the faculty in chemical engineering at the University of Cincinnati,

Comment

• Bill Cunningham said on his show today that he got a tip tomorrow is the day the coaching situation comes to a head

Comment

• 24th day after end of season to be rid of one coach, another 24 days to get a new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
                              Bill Cunningham said on his show today that he got a tip tomorrow is the day the coaching situation comes to a head
                              Let's hope Bill C is getting good info from John C, no relation.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                                24th day after end of season to be rid of one coach, another 24 days to get a new one.
                                I'd rather see them take their time in hiring a new coach than to rush into another bad decision.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X