This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
    Lobot.. let me hit you with another rumor that I'm hearing that I believe you could theoretically confirm/deny. That Keith Williams walk off the court was NOT injury-related at all; that in fact.. he finally had it with CJB and walked off. I know you said at the time that you knew the issue but could not say. Care to stamp this rumor out ?
    Yep I can stamp that right out. He was injured.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Finally.. REAL information.. thank you sir !

Comment

• So... let's try this for something fun Lobot... It's 1:02 PM on Wednesday... If I made you predict where and when this ends up... at this moment in time.. your prediction would be what ?

Comment

• I don’t have one. I’m not in the smoke filled room for this part. Interviews and negotiations take a while on these things.

I really think it’s a matter of finding someone to part with the buyout money and if we can’t do that then Brannen stays and the program goes in the tank until the buyout becomes affordable. If this happens recruiting is going to be next to impossible for the staff.

The best the university can do is fire him for cause if a reason actually exists to do so.

If we’re going to let him go, the time is now. We were late to the coaching carousel last time which probably tied Bohn’s a bit on the search to be honest.

What don’t want to see happen is the Andy Kennedy scenario where you have a dead man walking and no recruiting going on for a full year. I’m hoping we can avoid going that direction.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So... let's try this for something fun Lobot... It's 1:02 PM on Wednesday... If I made you predict where and when this ends up... at this moment in time.. your prediction would be what ?
            I think there is one of two ways this ends: Brannen is fired for cause or Brannen is your coach for at least one more year. I'd say 70:30 Brannen is fired because there is too much smoke for no fire.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post
              I don't want to get to focused on a former player being a coach as it could be frying pan into the fire. I want a proper coach that isn't a knee jerk hire. I want them to be serious about what basketball means to UC fans.

I think a quality caliber coach would help but I don't think there is guarantee that we will be able to keep any of them as there is probably a mistrust of Coaching staff and above.

yessir, we need someone whos been around the block, knows his x's & o's and and can recruit top talent that players want to play for.

Comment

• But Rufus.. WHO IS THAT ?! Gimme a name ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

yessir, we need someone whos been around the block, knows his x's & o's and and can recruit top talent that players want to play for.
                  I've always liked the coach that pops into my mind when I read this. Ethically, well, it's not ideal.
                  Cory Huffman
                  Cin City

Comment

• ..and steal him from Iona ??? SHAME ON YOU.

Comment

But Rufus.. WHO IS THAT ?! Gimme a name ?
                      Ive always liked herb sendek hes from around this area ( (Pitt) always attracted good talent, has a good winning percentage, been around awhile, know of no recruiting infractions against him. And still yoing enough to be around awhile. Dont know if he would come here. or if we could pay him what he wants, but I doubt that je makes that much at where hes at now ( Santa Clara WCC conf. I juzt always thought it would be nice to have him be our coach.

Comment

..and steal him from Iona ??? SHAME ON YOU.
                        There's always the Archie Miller redemption tour
                        Cory Huffman
                        Cin City

Comment

• This just in.. Justin Williams reports Mason Madsen heading for portal

Comment

• We keep talking about a buyout (or firing "for cause") but I also wonder if there could be a scenario where it becomes untenable and it is clearly in the best interests of both parties to move on - and they work out some behind-the-scenes settlement?

Comment

• For replacements, I'd like to go after a top assistant ready to make the jump. Jon Scheyer (Duke) fits that mold. Coach K tree, and is responsible for most of the higher level recruits at Duke. Jerrance Howard (Kansas) is another top assistant ready to make the move and has deep ties to top talent. These guys could step in and immediately put together quite a decent roster. Yes, this would be their first coaching job and I am okay with that given their pedigrees.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

This just in.. Justin Williams reports Mason Madsen heading for portal
                                Now the players are just twisting the knife in the coach (and unfortunately the fans) to prolong the agony. Man there must have been some serious hate going on.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X