Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally unprofessional, fire his *** he doesnt deserve a job like Cincinnati.

Comment

• Back to the Mid Majors!!!!!

Comment

• CorryvilleCarl has some interesting tweets:

@CorryvilleCarl
        · 23h
        Being told there was an mandatory meeting- in person @ Uc athletic dept starting at Noon ( socially distanced )

@CorryvilleCarl
        7:24am 03/17
        Coach was NOT present in this meeting

@CorryvilleCarl
        8:31am 03/17
        As U all know , going 2 be difficult to “ buy - out” 4.5mil$ on Coach contract- Uc looking for “cause” a la Ollie @ Ucon

Comment

• I will go on it now guys.

Comment

• Well, There’s nothing in that BCJ post that really sheds any light on what’s up. Lots of conjecture and not much actual news. I think they’ve essentially locked out Chad for now along with everyone else.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I suspect that Cunningham, the UC Admin, and lawyers are busy getting their ducks in a row and once they have a game plan there will be some kind of announcement. My view is that even if CJB is blameless he must go. Anyone in a position of authority must keep their own house in order, and, for whatever reason, CJB hasn't been able to do that. With speculation mode on, I think it is worth listening to the silence. Players that have gone to the portal praise the city, fans, etc., but don't say much about CJB. Similarly, the silence from Cunningham and other UC administrators is deafening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Well, There’s nothing in that BCJ post that really sheds any light on what’s up. Lots of conjecture and not much actual news. I think they’ve essentially locked out Chad for now along with everyone else.
                I saw nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                  I suspect that Cunningham, the UC Admin, and lawyers are busy getting their ducks in a row and once they have a game plan there will be some kind of announcement. My view is that even if CJB is blameless he must go. Anyone in a position of authority must keep their own house in order, and, for whatever reason, CJB hasn't been able to do that. With speculation mode on, I think it is worth listening to the silence. Players that have gone to the portal praise the city, fans, etc., but don't say much about CJB. Similarly, the silence from Cunningham and other UC administrators is deafening.
                  This is what I was trying to get across in my previous post regarding the Admin folks
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Lobot.. let me hit you with another rumor that I'm hearing that I believe you could theoretically confirm/deny. That Keith Williams walk off the court was NOT injury-related at all; that in fact.. he finally had it with CJB and walked off. I know you said at the time that you knew the issue but could not say. Care to stamp this rumor out ?

Comment

• I can tell you this, Brannen is NOT a players coach.... Meaning he does not understand how to build a relationship with his players.... Its obvious, or 4 of them would not be in the portal... Will be interesting if Davenport and Woods decide to leave? Also, I wonder if Brannen is fired in the next 48hrs, and UC hires a former player to coach the team, is their a chance of talking some of the players to stay at UC?

Comment

• Keith Jenkins of the Cincinnati Enquirer on Cincy 360 with Tony Pike (1530) mentioned he--at some point (unclear if this week or previously)--spoke with a parent of someone who opted out who wanted the conversation off the record (at least for now/until the time is right - not sure if anything to read into here) and Keith echoed what we've been hearing about there being a "serious disconnect between Brannen and his players." Keith got the sense that some things said in recruiting pitches have not, at least according to players/families, been delivered as promised. Take that all for what it's worth...

Comment

• I don't want to get to focused on a former player being a coach as it could be frying pan into the fire. I want a proper coach that isn't a knee jerk hire. I want them to be serious about what basketball means to UC fans.

I think a quality caliber coach would help but I don't think there is guarantee that we will be able to keep any of them as there is probably a mistrust of Coaching staff and above.

Comment

• I'm listening to Keith Jenkins on 1530. He talked to a parent of one of the players who exited (who he wouldn't name) that said it was a communication and relationship issue between Brannen and his players. He thinks Brannen will survive this. I don't necessarily buy it. He brought up a great point about James White who would like to have a spot on the bench. If Brannen is this clueless about relationships I think it would be great to bring in someone like White, or Nelson, or NVE that has cred. I see 6 assistants or associate coaches on his current staff that don't impress me. What are they there for if they don't seem to add value or at least not this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                              Lobot.. let me hit you with another rumor that I'm hearing that I believe you could theoretically confirm/deny. That Keith Williams walk off the court was NOT injury-related at all; that in fact.. he finally had it with CJB and walked off. I know you said at the time that you knew the issue but could not say. Care to stamp this rumor out ?
                              I wondered the same thing. I think you see him at one time with both of his hands in the air motioning frustration, then he walked off the court.

Comment

• Just fire him already.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X