Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give it a rest dude!!! Clearly you have an answer for everything and have to have the last word. You have rambled opinion for days and I haven't seen much support for your position, just veterans trying to talk you off the ledge and reason with you which seems useless. We want you to participate and are more than willing to discuss your thoughts but you are alienating everyone else who are trying to substantiate their opinions with facts and honest observations.

Comment

Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat View Post
      2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2019
      Years in the NCAA tournament, definitely not a bottom feeder but if that's your definition. Welcome to the bottom. Under Brannen you might want to get cozy.
      I’m not sure why you’re listing all these random years...Temple was not a good team LAST year. That is what we are discussing...you know...the game when Diarra had the best night of his career against a bottom feeder in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
        Give it a rest dude!!! Clearly you have an answer for everything and have to have the last word. You have rambled opinion for days and I haven't seen much support for your position, just veterans trying to talk you off the ledge and reason with you which seems useless. We want you to participate and are more than willing to discuss your thoughts but you are alienating everyone else who are trying to substantiate their opinions with facts and honest observations.
        You haven't used any facts in your argument. I don't need support to state my opinion and back up my words. Your not saying anything to refute what I'm saying on solid ground. "Diarra stays in foul trouble" "Diarra is not the same" arguments are soft. I state what I'm saying to bring light to Coach Brannen's mistake this season which is continuing. I see what he is not utilizing. Relax it's a forum, shouldn't stress yourself over my opinions

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

I’m not sure why you’re listing all these random years...Temple was not a good team LAST year. That is what we are discussing...you know...the game when Diarra had the best night of his career against a bottom feeder in the conference.
          Your right they were sub par but not a bottom feeder like stated actually beat a 16# Wichita State and almost took our Title share away. We beat them by 1 point and what a night to have his best career game when we Need the W.

Man to call Temple a bottom feeder team after making the tournament the year before is a huge understatement. And if that was a bottom feeder team what were we for barely winning? Your understating the team and the value of that game to make weak points.

Comment

Man to call Temple a bottom feeder team after making the tournament the year before is a huge understatement. And if that was a bottom feeder team what were we for barely winning? Your understating the team and the value of that game to make weak points.
            (A) Again, we are talking about LAST year, not the year prior
            (B) What else do you call a team that finished 10th out of 12 if not a bottom feeder?

Seriously man...everyone is asking for you facts or evidence to support your thoughts. Where are they???

Comment

GIVE BRANNEN A CHANCE - I for one, expected so much more this year and am disappointed to say the least but there are circumstances beyond his control. He was able to sign two 4 star recruits, is local and has a good track record. Look at Kentucky, loaded with McDonald's All-Americans and 4 star recruits and they are sitting at 4-9. KY, Duke and N Carolina are all outside the top 25 for the first time in ages. So, lets let our Coach do his thing and I really believe that things will turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

(A) Again, we are talking about LAST year, not the year prior
                (B) What else do you call a team that finished 10th out of 12 if not a bottom feeder?

Seriously man...everyone is asking for you facts or evidence to support your thoughts. Where are they???
                Your asking for facts but you are not giving any. And I just stated last year Sir. You seem stuck on this bottom feeder discussion. To be honest a bottom feeder team to me is one that's not close to 500. Like a scavenger for a win on those weaker which yes they were 10 out of 12 for the 5th time stated but the context of the game and how tough is more important than ranking.

It was for a piece of the Conference Title (Fact) and we Won by One Point (Fact). And just to ask, what does "they had a player no taller then 6'7" have anything to do with anything. Do you not remember a UC basketball team with a acting center at 6'6 by the name of Eric Hicks his Senior year? Still doing Work.

​​​​​​Argument is Weak, I'm just saying.

Comment

good article -
                  https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ne/6608429002/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
                    GIVE BRANNEN A CHANCE - So, lets let our Coach do his thing and I really believe that things will turn around.
                    I hope Your right. Coach Brennan gave up some games this year, most notably the Xavier game by not utilizing his big men. Vogt was hot and they stopped feeding the inside, then he took Diarra out for trying to feed the inside and 1 turnover. Was a shootout they should have Won Williams Senior year, despite the free throws. Too busy showing off his new recruits. Hope he turns it around, honestly.

Comment

Watched more than a few and I'm would have to say the same thing about you. Rarely if I've ever seen Williams stay or be in foul trouble throughout the season until this one. For what I've seen he's been a growing contributor every year. Actually I don't even know where your getting this about Diarra. With Coach Cronin he had people above and still played as many minutes as he does now. I've seen Diarra finish games more than once and I don't remember foul trouble being a problem. Your reaching terribly to justify him not being on the court. Coach Brennan needs his head checked for the lineups he puts together. Shoot we might see Harvey start if he has another good game.
                      Well since you haven't seen it you should probably just look at his game stats the past several season and look at all the 4 and 5 foul games. I've seen it enough up close it's kind of hard to miss.A lot of fouling for a guard.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ball/year/2021

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                        Things are slow even for the Xavier fans with all these games cancelled. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

Well since you haven't seen it you should probably just look at his game stats the past several season and look at all the 4 and 5 foul games. I've seen it enough up close it's kind of hard to miss.A lot of fouling for a guard.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ball/year/2021
                          Great link. Just want to point out though, checkout the minutes logged for the game and the steal and block column while checking out the personal fouls. Truly interesting stuff, an active defender some would say especially last year. 4 games with 4 fouls to end the season, 1 with 2 blocks 4 steals and 30 points (USF). Two games with at least 1block and over 25min recorded (Tem,Hou). 12 min (Wich) still recorded a steal. All while averaging 12pts a game and being active on the boards.

This is the AAC and Williams plays DEFENSE while also providing OFFENSE, with most players it's one or the other. This year Williams is the most prominent scorer on the team even when going for 12 in the 2nd half after sitting the 1st with foul trouble. The team is obviously better when on the floor, Both sides of the ball. Still Reaching

Comment

Dude, Brannen had 7 players from Cronins last year with three logging any significant playing time. And had no recruits coming in. Brannen had to scramble just to find recruits let alone players, thats how we Mcneal, Vogt along with Jaevin C who already graduated but decided to transfer to play another year. Brannen needed players. And this year excuse or no covid has rendered this entire college bball season a dumpster fire. In case you' ve not noticed even the blue bloods ie UNC, KY, Duke each have entire rosters of 5 star ranked players are finding themselves out of rankings.
                            We get it your not happy with Brannen. well guess what you are not the only one. Theres plenty of others who share the same sentiments. But its only been a year and a half and not even those have been " normal". No matter how hard you argue and debate its not going to get settled overnight. Chill a little share your thoughts but dont beat people up with them.
                            Last edited by Rufus; 01-21-2021, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Your asking for facts but you are not giving any. And I just stated last year Sir. You seem stuck on this bottom feeder discussion. To be honest a bottom feeder team to me is one that's not close to 500. Like a scavenger for a win on those weaker which yes they were 10 out of 12 for the 5th time stated but the context of the game and how tough is more important than ranking.

It was for a piece of the Conference Title (Fact) and we Won by One Point (Fact). And just to ask, what does "they had a player no taller then 6'7" have anything to do with anything. Do you not remember a UC basketball team with a acting center at 6'6 by the name of Eric Hicks his Senior year? Still doing Work.

​​​​​​Argument is Weak, I'm just saying.
                              Fact - Temple being 10th out of 12 in conference and a bottom feeder
                              Context - You're original claim is that he really started to come on at the end of last season...in context, he only had two good games and they were against really bad teams

Fact - Temple’s tallest player was only 6’7” and most of the time played small ball
                              Context - Obviously a 6’9” player will have an advantage in rebounding in this type of game...somewhat inflating his stats

Fact - Two of those last 4 games Diarra started to play...he had ZERO rebounds. ZERO.
                              Context - How do you claim he “started” to come on at the end of last year. Besides your “opinion”...say something specific

Lemonade is sour. Water is wet. We only won by 1 point. Who cares? These are all facts, but what does that have to do with debating if Diarra has proved he’s ready to be a major contributor.

I feel dumber for having engaged with you this long. Good luck pal.

Comment

Why are any of you arguing with RecNizeRealBCat? He is clearly trying to bait you into an argument over whether Brannen is a good coach when none of us know for certain. Just ignore the bait, IMO.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X