This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    The first red flag I saw was him missing on Jalen Tate as a transfer. I didn’t think much about it when it happened but that should have been an eye opener for everyone.
    Why would Jalen Tate have come to UC for his grad transfer year? We were super guard heavy...not a lot of minutes to come by with KW, MAW, Madsens, and the heir apparent at PG in Saunders. Within the week after Tate chose ARK, Dejulius committed to us. Reasonable to assume our staff was talking to both at the same time.

At ARK, he steps into a starting spot.

Simple as that.

Comment

• On this day in 2019....

https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/4/1...all-coach.aspx

Comment

• I think we should all remember that by all accounts this was a very sensible hire. It's like the perfect couple got married, and in 2 years the relationship broke up in a bitter divorce. Each side should do a careful analysis of what went wrong, and learn from it. And let's not forget how devastating this must be for Brannen and his family. Two years ago I suspect that they were on top of the world. Now, poof, it's all fallen apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          Next man in, calling on 28
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
            When it comes to a new coach, I have no idea at this point. But I would rather have a young <40 coach on the way up, like Huggs or Mick, than a big name on the way down, like Tuberville.
            They must have listened to me.

Comment

• Welllll, just for posterity. Thank you anonymous source.

https://twitter.com/andywittry/statu...165470722?s=21
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Welllll, just for posterity. Thank you anonymous source.

https://twitter.com/andywittry/statu...165470722?s=21
                I wouldn't post a document like that. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

I wouldn't post a document like that. LOL
                  I think it’s evidence that Cunningham dotted the I’s and crossed the T’s and legal backed him on it.

I did have reservations about posting this but tbh this is supportive of UC’s position and not Brannen.

This whole thing went south well before this letter was sent.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• In the words of Arte Johnson " veddy interesting".

Comment

I think it’s evidence that Cunningham dotted the I’s and crossed the T’s and legal backed him on it.

I did have reservations about posting this but tbh this is supportive of UC’s position and not Brannen.

This whole thing went south well before this letter was sent.
                      Piggy-backing on this, but more so in response to coach ... The journalist who posted this on Twitter does a lot of public records requests. So this was not a "leak" or anything, but rather a document he surely obtained ethically. Now we wait for the termination letter...
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-19-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• I'm bothered by all of the secrecy. Did Brannen really do something that warranted termination? Who knows, we have only rumors. We really don't even know what he is accused of.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          Sean Dwyer and Jason Gee also let go. Per The Athletic.
                          Justin Williams just tweeted out that Dwyer has joined the Loyola-Chicago staff.

Comment

• A lot more here in this link, but some excerpts that stood out to me in a quick scan ... hopefully Brannen's alleged conduct does not lead to probation or sanctions against the program https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...uc/4927127001/

When the University of Cincinnati fired former men's basketball coach John Brannen, it accused the coach of using methods of intimidation against players and making payment of special benefits for an unnamed player. UC also accused Brannen of jeopardizing or disregarding the well-being, health and safety of his players, according to documents obtained Monday by The Enquirer.

"While the University's investigation into your conduct is ongoing and therefore other grounds for termination may become evident, it is clear at this point, among other things, you have failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance within the Men's Basketball Program with respect to rules, regulations and policies and have further jeopardized and/or disregarded the well-being, health and safety of student-athletes, despite written reprimand," Cunningham wrote in the letter to Brannen. The letter was included in a group of documents obtained by The Enquirer under Ohio's Open Records Act.

"Moreover, you have made, attempted, arranged or otherwise made payment for special benefits for a student-athlete other than through approved channels; intimidated and/or attempted to intimidate students from raising proper compliance concerns; as you have previously been notified, running one or more practices without proper precautions for player health and safety and repeatedly violated time management plan policies; and not been forthcoming with the University regarding your actions."

Article above now includes a response from JB's attorney who maintains UC had a pre-determined plan to fire him and they have lots to say "but we'll let your court filings speak for themselves"

Termination letter https://twitter.com/MrKeithJenkins/s...27506294071309
                            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-03-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Special benefits is going to cost us. Got a pretty good idea which player it was.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Special benefits is going to cost us. Got a pretty good idea which player it was.
                                Small side benefit of his departure - I won't have to look at the wildly crooked part in his hair anymore.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X