Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was he fired for cause or are they paying out his deal? That's really the only question that matters at this point. If they pay out $6 mill to a guy to not coach, keep that in mind the next time they cry poor and call you a 1000 times begging for $$.

The real problem is what coach worth having is going to take deal knowing that this AD is willing to pull an 'investigation' on you.

Other than baseless speculation I have yet to hear anything on the official record that merits this mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

The tweet has now been deleted thanks to the lack of validation and terrible redaction skills of Pat Forde
      Saw that too...he still has what the text says, but took the image down. Forde is a tool.

Comment

• There were also "personality clashes and the culture within the program" that "exacerbated the mental strain for some."

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcated View Post
          Was he fired for cause or are they paying out his deal? That's really the only question that matters at this point. If they pay out $6 mill to a guy to not coach, keep that in mind the next time they cry poor and call you a 1000 times begging for $$.

The real problem is what coach worth having is going to take deal knowing that this AD is willing to pull an 'investigation' on you.

Other than baseless speculation I have yet to hear anything on the official record that merits this mess.
          I can only imagine it was for cause. Guessing they can't say becuase of pending litigation or the severance agreement.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ESPN article, currently #3 article atop ESPN.com: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...gation-program

One name floating around the potential Cincinnati vacancy the past few weeks is former Indiana coach Archie Miller, who was let go by the Hoosiers last month. Another potential candidate could be South Carolina's Frank Martin, who spent two seasons as an assistant with the Bearcats starting in 2004-05. UCLA assistant Darren Savino, who was a longtime assistant under Mick Cronin at Cincinnati, is another name that has been linked to the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
              Now I have a question, will any of the Players that entered the Portal return to UC?

Unless the next hire is of some "attention getting nature" I would say that's a big fat no. Lets get the next hire in here ASAP and then hit the portal hard.

Comment

• Frank Martin pass, Darren Savino also a pass unless its agreed to bring in Erik Martin as an assistant and apparent heir once Savino goes. But who would come as things is now and knowing that you already have a very short life span. I don't think Erik Martin comes here right from jump because of the Huggins hard feelings.

Comment

• Just to be balanced here’s Brannen’s statement.

https://twitter.com/coachbrannen/sta...608784384?s=21
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Let the public negotiating begin. Mars tweeted that UC violated Brannen's contract from Day 1 of Cunningham's hiring. Supposedly, the contract says Brannen was to report directly to Cunningham, but Mars contends that Cunningham shuffled him off to the Athletics Department CFO.

Comment

• Well they did not wait long to remove JB from their school's page https://gobearcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Comment

• Originally posted by FL_Bearcat View Post
                        JB going with scorched earth approach by pulling CLF into the mix by screenshotting texts and giving them to Mars. It is Pat Forde though.... https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/statu...09503222194179
                        Maybe it's just me, but doesn't the behavior of Brannen and his lawyer kind of fit in with what the players were saying about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Just to be balanced here’s Brannen’s statement.

https://twitter.com/coachbrannen/sta...608784384?s=21
                          Man, some of those comments are rough. The man just got fired (or squeezed out), his professional career is in serious in shambles, and people still feel the need to pile on even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                            Frank Martin pass, Darren Savino also a pass unless its agreed to bring in Erik Martin as an assistant and apparent heir once Savino goes. But who would come as things is now and knowing that you already have a very short life span. I don't think Erik Martin comes here right from jump because of the Huggins hard feelings.
                            Huggins has been aggressively advocating for Martin, as has Mick for Savino.
                            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Huggins has been aggressively advocating for Martin, as has Mick for Savino.
                              so it seems both MC and Huggs knew JB was gone. I don't think it was a secret to any but the supposed in the know media.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDW79 View Post

Man, some of those comments are rough. The man just got fired (or squeezed out), his professional career is in serious in shambles, and people still feel the need to pile on even more.
                                The sharks smell blood and it's too easy to be a rude dumbass. Sad.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X