This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Dude, Brannen had 7 players from Cronins last year with three logging any significant playing time. And had no recruits coming in. Brannen had to scramble just to find recruits let alone players, thats how we Mcneal, Vogt along with Jaevin C who already graduated but decided to transfer to play another year. Brannen needed players. And this year excuse or no covid has rendered this entire college bball season a dumpster fire. In case you' ve not noticed even the blue bloods ie UNC, KY, Duke each have entire rosters of 5 star ranked players are finding themselves out of rankings.
    We get it your not happy with Brannen. well guess what you are not the only one. Theres plenty of others who share the same sentiments. But its only been a year and a half and not even those have been " normal". No matter how hard you argue and debate its not going to get settled overnight. Chill a little share your thoughts but dont beat people up with them.
    Not trying to be disrespectful to anyone on the forum but I'm also not going to back down when I feel my points are valid. Those teams you just mentioned are young as stated earlier in this forum, it's not a young team year. Especially when young teams thrive off the energy and the moment. Why are teams like Iowa, Villanova, West Virginia, Ucla, Gonzaga still playing quality ball? And that's not every team in the top 10 but teams in the top 25.

Also stated before Brannen inherited starters for his first and second season. That's what a partial rebuild? He brought in some quality players but his team is not a young team. His starting five respectively should have 1 sophomore in it unless Dejulius doesn't start and he plays Mika Adam Woods, who is a very poised young guard. Besides that either Harvey or Davenport should have started the season, in my opinion.

But Ivanauskas over Diarra was a Coaching mistake from the beginning. I lived through the Cronin rebuild and I find it disrespectful, especially with where he rose the program (Big East&AAC) to regard his players as scrap, the way Brannen has in Diarra which is sinking the Season. Covid or not and he could have at least beat Xavier instead of playing around with so many rotations, when the lead was never more than 6pts and we had worked from behind to take it. Williams and Diarra deserve better than what's going on this year.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat View Post

Not trying to be disrespectful to anyone on the forum but I'm also not going to back down when I feel my points are valid. Those teams you just mentioned are young as stated earlier in this forum, it's not a young team year. Especially when young teams thrive off the energy and the moment. Why are teams like Iowa, Villanova, West Virginia, Ucla, Gonzaga still playing quality ball? And that's not every team in the top 10 but teams in the top 25.

Also stated before Brannen inherited starters for his first and second season. That's what a partial rebuild? He brought in some quality players but his team is not a young team. His starting five respectively should have 1 sophomore in it unless Dejulius doesn't start and he plays Mika Adam Woods, who is a very poised young guard. Besides that either Harvey or Davenport should have started the season, in my opinion.

But Ivanauskas over Diarra was a Coaching mistake from the beginning. I lived through the Cronin rebuild and I find it disrespectful, especially with where he rose the program (Big East&AAC) to regard his players as scrap, the way Brannen has in Diarra which is sinking the Season. Covid or not and he could have at least beat Xavier instead of playing around with so many rotations, when the lead was never more than 6pts and we had worked from behind to take it. Williams and Diarra deserve better than what's going on this year.

​​​​
      We are trying to tell you but you refuse to listen.
      There is a difference between a historically solid program and one having a bottom feeder season - last year Temple.
      There is a difference between a players academic class and his basketball playing time. Just because hes a junior doesn't mean he's a returning veteran player. If you recruit a new guy, either a transfer or a freshman, they are inexperienced in your program and if that's all you have except for 2 veterans, than that's a rebuild.
      If you think we don't beat Xavier, S, Florida and Tulsa at home (or at least 2 out of 3) with our usual rabid Bearcat home crowd, than you don't understand our culture and home court advantage. If we win those 3 and are 6-4, are we having this conversation?
      Covid has effected some more than others. In this transition/rebuild year for us, the home court crowd would have been huge. Its not the same everywhere.
      Some of the teams you keep referring to just flat out have more talent than we do at this point. They also have upperclass leadership which we have thought we had but hasn't materialized. Its apples and oranges to compare.
      You don't bring in graduate transfers for 1 season like Rap and then not play him. He didn't work out for whatever reason but why would he have come to UC to sit?
      How many times don't you see programs who are patient eventually get it rolling with a certain coach whi starts slow? It usually takes 3-4 years to determine. You want to pull the plug on this guy after 1 1/3 covid seasons??? That's just absurd and unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Fact - Temple being 10th out of 12 in conference and a bottom feeder
        Context - You're original claim is that he really started to come on at the end of last season...in context, he only had two good games and they were against really bad teams

Fact - Temple’s tallest player was only 6’7” and most of the time played small ball
        Context - Obviously a 6’9” player will have an advantage in rebounding in this type of game...somewhat inflating his stats

Fact - Two of those last 4 games Diarra started to play...he had ZERO rebounds. ZERO.
        Context - How do you claim he “started” to come on at the end of last year. Besides your “opinion”...say something specific

Lemonade is sour. Water is wet. We only won by 1 point. Who cares? These are all facts, but what does that have to do with debating if Diarra has proved he’s ready to be a major contributor.

I feel dumber for having engaged with you this long. Good luck pal.
        I wasn't going to respond but to be honest seeing you repeat the same argument is helping me find out what kind of fan you are.

Im assuming you don't remember Eric Hicks but anyway. Diarra is what 6'9 220, 2 inches inflated his numbers when boxing out negates that small of a gap more often then not? Am I right or no? Their tallest forward was 6'9 and 235 but he only got 9min 6'7 220 senior put up 10pts

14-17 (6-12) on the season last year. Beat USC, Davidson, 16#Wichita State, SMU, and UConn, they must of all been pretty terrible, right? Plus some notable close loses to good teams. Bottom Feeder?

Diarra transfer from UConn. Well that doesn't matter much right? 24MIN 4-6 FG 1-2 triG and 4R 2 personal fouls in the game against Temple. Conference Title doesn't matter Huh? Beat this team by 1 point last second put back by a well deserving and talented Big Man in Scott (NBA I hear). Was that Senior Day?

Diarra averaged the same time this year as he did his freshman redshirt year. And we had some good big men that year. I mean at the time our center went up against luka Garza (killing it this year) and held his own in the tournament, remember. I'm sure Diarra practiced against that center and Scott and Nsosme right? I mean come on.

I make lemonade, taste better. With that good ole Water, H2O Aqua however you like to state it.

Comment

Take the bait ignore the bait. Either way this is no argument it's a discussion/debate. This is a forum is it not. I'm just stating what is and off of what I'm seeing Coach Brannen needs to wake up to the reality. This is not UC football and that's no disrespect to UC football but coaches are liable to leave. This is UC basketball and there's merit here along with prestige. Bonehead and selfish coaching decisions are not going to cut it. Play to Win. If we are not going up or past the second round like most of you have harped on at one time or another I'm sure. Then the Coach is Failing.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
            Why are any of you arguing with RecNizeRealBCat? He is clearly trying to bait you into an argument over whether Brannen is a good coach when none of us know for certain. Just ignore the bait, IMO.
            You're 100% right. I should have known better when he thought the Diarra from UCONN and our Diarra were the same person...

Comment

I wasn't going to respond but to be honest seeing you repeat the same argument is helping me find out what kind of fan you are.

Im assuming you don't remember Eric Hicks but anyway. Diarra is what 6'9 220, 2 inches inflated his numbers when boxing out negates that small of a gap more often then not? Am I right or no? Their tallest forward was 6'9 and 235 but he only got 9min 6'7 220 senior put up 10pts

14-17 (6-12) on the season last year. Beat USC, Davidson, 16#Wichita State, SMU, and UConn, they must of all been pretty terrible, right? Plus some notable close loses to good teams. Bottom Feeder?

Diarra transfer from UConn. Well that doesn't matter much right? 24MIN 4-6 FG 1-2 triG and 4R 2 personal fouls in the game against Temple. Conference Title doesn't matter Huh? Beat this team by 1 point last second put back by a well deserving and talented Big Man in Scott (NBA I hear). Was that Senior Day?

Diarra averaged the same time this year as he did his freshman redshirt year. And we had some good big men that year. I mean at the time our center went up against luka Garza (killing it this year) and held his own in the tournament, remember. I'm sure Diarra practiced against that center and Scott and Nsosme right? I mean come on.

I make lemonade, taste better. With that good ole Water, H2O Aqua however you like to state it.
              Our Diarra is not the same as the one that was at UCONN. Has that point been made yet?
              Cory Huffman
              Cin City

Comment

Wait for it............

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                  Wait for it............
                  It's been addressed. Hang tight
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Our Diarra is not the same as the one that was at UCONN. Has that point been made yet?
                    I don't understand what you mean by that. Would you like to explain?

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

We are trying to tell you but you refuse to listen.
                      There is a difference between a historically solid program and one having a bottom feeder season - last year Temple.
                      There is a difference between a players academic class and his basketball playing time. Just because hes a junior doesn't mean he's a returning veteran player. If you recruit a new guy, either a transfer or a freshman, they are inexperienced in your program and if that's all you have except for 2 veterans, than that's a rebuild.
                      If you think we don't beat Xavier, S, Florida and Tulsa at home (or at least 2 out of 3) with our usual rabid Bearcat home crowd, than you don't understand our culture and home court advantage. If we win those 3 and are 6-4, are we having this conversation?
                      Covid has effected some more than others. In this transition/rebuild year for us, the home court crowd would have been huge. Its not the same everywhere.
                      Some of the teams you keep referring to just flat out have more talent than we do at this point. They also have upperclass leadership which we have thought we had but hasn't materialized. Its apples and oranges to compare.
                      You don't bring in graduate transfers for 1 season like Rap and then not play him. He didn't work out for whatever reason but why would he have come to UC to sit?
                      How many times don't you see programs who are patient eventually get it rolling with a certain coach whi starts slow? It usually takes 3-4 years to determine. You want to pull the plug on this guy after 1 1/3 covid seasons??? That's just absurd and unfair.
                      Who said not play Rap? And you put to much merit on the home crowd I believe. A well coached team is going to win in any environment. A lot of excuses but I agree it takes about 3-4 to figure out the Coaches plan and see where he's going about 2-3 to determine the skill level. I think your missing my points but we can agree to disagree.
                      Last edited by RecNizeRealBCat; 01-22-2021, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by that. Would you like to explain?
                        Check your email, including the spam/junk folder, for an explanation by the moderators.

Comment

Apologies to the forum about Mamoudou Diarra he was not a transfer but he was recruited by UConn at the time before commiting to UC. Misunderstanding but I never confused him with the other Diarra from UConn just to set that straight.

Comment

heard recently, from a reliable source, "they all don't like him"
                            just makes we wonder so much...I tend to blame covid for a lot of our ills...I know a lot of people don't buy that and that's fine..
                            wonder how is personality comes across..how he relates..etc...like someone said in another thread..so much we don't know..can't pretend to..it's just so hard after 10 years of dancing ...I think I give him more benefit of doubt than most..but wonder how long he'll get to turn it around..I fear firing him will just prolong the rebirth

Comment

Something is really wrong with the culture of the program if this many guys want out. I’m starting to think that none of these opt out were Covid related.

John’s buyout drops below 3M on March 31.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Lobot.. you seem to have deep connections for information... has there been nothing trickling out that would indicate what that actual issue is ?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X