This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John P View Post

I'd rather see them take their time in hiring a new coach than to rush into another bad decision.
    The longer it takes to hire the new coach, the more you're setting that coach up for short and long term failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

The longer it takes to hire the new coach, the more you're setting that coach up for short and long term failure.
      So a bad choice is better than a good choice as long as the do it quickly?
      I'd rather they took a little more time and get it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

Not so much in basketball if someone is a good recruiter. Does it take a few years, sure, but transfers now have changed things a lot.

Comment

This is pretty much how we got into this situation in the first place. Bad timing and a rush job hire. I’d rather they get it right this time. The timing is a problem because the season is over and there aren’t going to be a lot names to pull from.

Some of the possibilities we listed in another thread are off the board now. (Moser, Miles)
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Not what I’m saying at all. But if you’re the last job to hire, you’re setting the person you hire up for failure. Meaning you can turn a good hire into a bad hire. He’s got 8 spots to fill with a picked over transfer portal. He doesn’t have success year 1 it’s excused however he’s feeling the pressure and if he strikes out in year 2 he’s packing his bags essentially. Anything other than a tournament in year 3 and he’s kicked to the curb. That’s why I don’t understand why everyone kind of kicks the can like year 1 doesn’t matter anyway. I think year 1 is the most important. That’s when you build your momentum as a program and build your momentum in recruiting so you can show kids you can win in your system and show them Cincinnati is the place to be. So back to the main point the longer you wait the more you’re setting your new coach up for failure.

Comment

• I am not saying he is the right guy (but I've laid out my case for and against in another thread) but if Archie Miller is interest and there is mutual interest, that one should not take too long. Not solely because he is available, but I am under the assumption (just my own speculation) that if there was mutual interest, both parties would know and would have talked in some capacity already - even if indirectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                I am not saying he is the right guy (but I've laid out my case for and against in another thread) but if Archie Miller is interest and there is mutual interest, that one should not take too long. Not solely because he is available, but I am under the assumption (just my own speculation) that if there was mutual interest, both parties would know and would have talked in some capacity already - even if indirectly.
                Also works $ wise. Every dollar we pay him means IU pays less. So for the first 3 years we can pay him likw $500,000k because IU already has to pay him. I like Bryce Drew too, doing well at GCU in the transfer portal. I have Bryce Drew and Archie as 1a 1b and I don’t really have a preference one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

This is pretty much how we got into this situation in the first place. Bad timing and a rush job hire. I’d rather they get it right this time. The timing is a problem because the season is over and there aren’t going to be a lot names to pull from.

Some of the possibilities we listed in another thread are off the board now. (Moser, Miles)
                  Absolutely, I just hope they've been working on this behind the scene for the past month or so. Hopefully, they know by now exactly what they're looking for and have a list of candidates in mind.

Comment

• Jay Sorolla just tweeted something that indicated the Athletic article content on Brannen is correct.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jay Sorolla just tweeted something that indicated the Athletic article content on Brannen is correct.
                      Link? Or Jay's twitter?
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Link? Or Jay's twitter?
                        His Twitter.

Comment

• I think he is likely one of the sources for the article so of course he could confirm his own assertions. As we've said.. the whole think just stinks and has been handled poorly throughout. I just wanted over with so that we can put this behind us.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                            I think he is likely one of the sources for the article so of course he could confirm his own assertions. As we've said.. the whole think just stinks and has been handled poorly throughout. I just wanted over with so that we can put this behind us.
                            I'm thinking that's a definite possibility but what that would mean is that Brannen was doing this stuff (whatever that means) during the 19-20 season as well and not just this year. That makes it worse. It means he "got away" with this under Bohn for over half a year before Bohn left a mess behind.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 04-06-2021, 06:23 PM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Lobot.. exactly right. But this is equally of failure of management (AD) and department. If you get word stuff is going on... you don't WAIT to address it letting people dig the hole bigger. HOWEVER.. the fact is.. WE..DONT... KNOW.. what the actual allegations are.. but that.. once is again is on the department... they are the ones throwing out terms like that and then letting the rumor mill take it from there. The fans deserve better than we have gotten from all the parties involved.

Comment

Jay Sorolla just tweeted something that indicated the Athletic article content on Brannen is correct.
                                So what are the chances Sorolla is a subscriber to The Athletic? I'd say this is a strong indicator that he was the new anonymous source from the Saturday article.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X