Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be interesting if this was all planned out by the players.. including the order of transfer... if so, one would expect that the finale to the movie would be Davenport

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
      Would be interesting if this was all planned out by the players.. including the order of transfer... if so, one would expect that the finale to the movie would be Davenport
      It sure seems to be heading that way. Every time I think being a Cincinnati sports fan has hit bottom something worse happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        We keep talking about a buyout (or firing "for cause") but I also wonder if there could be a scenario where it becomes untenable and it is clearly in the best interests of both parties to move on - and they work out some behind-the-scenes settlement?
        I think that's fairly likely.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• So out of soul crushing curiosity...if there is a mutual breakup, how likely is it that any of the guys who've left could return? Go ahead and crush me.
          Cory Huffman
          Cin City

Comment

• In that case.. it's a matter of the money mark... somewhere between the $0 (get out for cause) and the $4M payout. The best CJB could spin it then would be.. unfortunately, due to multiple factors, I lost the respect of the players and in the best interest of the university... blah blah blah...

Comment

• Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
              So out of soul crushing curiosity...if there is a mutual breakup, how likely is it that any of the guys who've left could return? Go ahead and crush me.
              That's the million dollar question and if we don't move faster the answer will be no. Most of them aren't going to sit in the portal forever and wait to figure out who we're going to hire.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• There's no way any of them come back without knowing who the coach is gonna be. You gotta figure the resentment applies to all the assistants as well so.. no quick swap.

Comment

• That alone, assuming the players are in the right, is worth kicking this thing into a gear unheard of. Cannot sit around and do 2006 all over again. Just can not do that.
                  Cory Huffman
                  Cin City

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That's the million dollar question and if we don't move faster the answer will be no. Most of them aren't going to sit in the portal forever and wait to figure out who we're going to hire.
                    Damned if you do...damned if you don't. I don't want to rush it because...well...look where we are now. But if we take our time...we are in trouble too. I am with GMann....Cincinnati sports fans have no luck!

Comment

• Some positivity (?!?!) - Jeremiah Davenport just tweeted: "Keep the faith ... we gone be alright! REGARDLESS! [emojis]
                      https://twitter.com/J24Davenport/sta...59961594650624

Comment

• https://local12.com/sports/uc-bearca...S2dwM0lNQjJaaA..
                        Last edited by BearKatz; 03-17-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• This does become a self-fulfilling prophecy at some point if almost everyone decides to leave. It’s easy for me to say but it probably costs less to pay the buyout. Are you trying to move on or negotiate the best possible deal? And if you fire CJB for cause then you have to pay attorneys. If you want to shave a little off the buyout, fine, but time is not your friend here.

Comment

• Alright, I want to take a different look at this. Everyone wants to jump on CJB as the bad guy in all of this.

Has there been anything said – anywhere, by anybody, especially the players – of bad actions by CJB or staff towards the players? Throw out last year with Jarron. Jarron had a case of the goo-goos because, unlike Mick, CJB was going to make him play within his system. Leo from jersey – you seem to intimate you have heard things. What are they? Lay it out. If there is something (ala Gregg Marshall), OK then, CJB must go.

But what I’m seeing is a combination of 1) prima donnas who all think they are going to the NBA but are being held back because they agreed to come play for CJB in his system and 2) the mental anguish placed on them by the COVID-19 quarantine. They listen to their buddies who ask why aren’t you getting more minutes? Why aren’t you scoring more? They aren’t getting that one-on-one interaction with the coaching staff and each other to build that team cohesion. CJB and his staff haven’t had time to build their relationship with the players either. I know, it’s the same for other programs…kind of. Every program is different. Not using this as an excuse, just stating fact.

For all we know CJB may have told all of them to hit the portal. Called them out. If they weren’t doing as asked/instructed/taught and didn’t see the playing floor because of that (Harvey?), then who is to blame for that? Yes, these are CJB’s guys. Very surprising to see what is happening. Coach Gee was on postgame Sunday saying what a bright future he saw with the youngsters. Apparently, the coaching staff has been blind-sided by all of this. The only “inside” look we have so far has been tweets from some of the ex-players (T. Nelson, D. Johnson, J. White, K. Johnson) who have access to the team. They have seemingly put the onus on the players. That’s the direction I’m leaning until we are told otherwise.

1961 & 62 was generations ago. ****, so was 1992. UC is not a Top 10 program as some are claiming. What was Mick’s recruiting like the first 4-6 years of his regime? And how many players left the program on Mick? Without a portal??? How “easy” is it to recruit when you can’t watch games in person? Either HS or AAU? When you can’t do in house or campus visits? Trying as a new coach to interest kids to come play at UC? XU has an easier time getting in doors than UC! Oh, and btw – I believe XU has a few in the portal too.

I’ve been a Bearcat fan since Tay Baker was coach and Lloyd Batts was a sophomore. Love my Bearcats. All of this hurts – deeply. But until I hear otherwise, I’m leaning toward trusting CJB and staff to make this right. I know I will be called an idiot. So be it – won’t be the first or last time.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know you all love the Bearcats too and are hurting. Hang in there – better days are ahead.

Comment

• I certainly wont call you and idiot but I'm leaning the other way. 60% of the roster.. that HE brought in choose to leave ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                                I certainly wont call you and idiot but I'm leaning the other way. 60% of the roster.. that HE brought in choose to leave ?
                                This speaks volumes, along with the fact he has no one signed for 2021-22. Hire Erik Martin.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X