Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season Start Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I believe we were scheduled to play on Nov 13th at FTA. So not sure if we would reschedule for this year or two years from now. We are scheduled to play next year at UofL.

    Comment


    • #17
      Apparently the whole country is scrambling trying to figure out how to reschedule things and it's not pretty.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
        I believe we were scheduled to play on Nov 13th at FTA. So not sure if we would reschedule for this year or two years from now. We are scheduled to play next year at UofL.
        Shannon Russell (former longtime XU writer, now covering UL) just tweeted a quote from Chris Mack, who talked to Brannen: "I don't know if that's something that we're going to have to defer a year or so"

        UPDATE - full quote from Mack https://twitter.com/slrussell/status...68535935127553
        (he makes a good point, possibly could play at UC in front of no fans and then ask UC to come to a packed Yum Center the next year? Probably not in UC's best interests)
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-17-2020, 03:13 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          To be in the best interest for all concerned would be to defer the entire series a year keeping the agreement as originally but only a year later. However I realize that other contractual obligations takes precedent. If they maintain this Nov. 25th start.

          Comment


          • #20
            I don’t think the date is in question anymore. It was the NCAA that called it not the conferences like In football.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

            Comment


            • #21
              Have there been any AAC conference schedule changes? I'm seeing some buzz on many conferences going with a 20 game in conference schedule as non-conference scheduling is up in the air.

              Also, the idea of multi-team bubble events for non-conference play is gaining traction. I am not a fan of putting college student-athletes into one of these bubbles for several weeks unless it is after finals. The bubbles will likely be much safer for the team/staff than remaining on campus during the break between terms. Honestly, if football games can happen on campus, then it should be easier for basketball with a smaller number of people involved.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

              Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                Have there been any AAC conference schedule changes? I'm seeing some buzz on many conferences going with a 20 game in conference schedule as non-conference scheduling is up in the air.

                Also, the idea of multi-team bubble events for non-conference play is gaining traction. I am not a fan of putting college student-athletes into one of these bubbles for several weeks unless it is after finals. The bubbles will likely be much safer for the team/staff than remaining on campus during the break between terms. Honestly, if football games can happen on campus, then it should be easier for basketball with a smaller number of people involved.
                I haven't seen anything other than rumors on a 20 game conference schedule for the AAC.

                As far as bubbles go, We’re headed for Orlando for the Preseason NIT from the look of it. I agree that keeping them in a bubble over break is a good idea. We saw that when LSU let its’ players go home to help family with hurricane recovery, a lot of them picked up Covid and spread it throughout the team. At least according to Orgeron anyway.
                Last edited by Lobot; 09-22-2020, 03:39 PM.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

                Comment


                • #23
                  Welp. There’s a change. Rothstein says 20 games.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Off topic a tad, but does anyone know when/if posters are available or when they might be?
                    Cory Huffman
                    Cin City

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
                      Off topic a tad, but does anyone know when/if posters are available or when they might be?
                      I can't imagine there will be posters until there is a new schedule

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Here are the guideline from the NCAA re: COVID

                        https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...ege-basketball
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Not sure of the best thread for this, but this from @JonRothstein:

                          Source: The initial target dates for December league games in the American Athletic Conference are 12/14-17 and 12/21-23.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            @ChadBrendel: UC AD John Cunningham confirms the AAC has gone to a 20 game conference schedule in hoops. Looking for 5-7 non conference games. #Bearcats

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              @JeffBorzello: The AAC plans to play a 20-game, double round-robin conference schedule this season. Conference play in men’s basketball will begin with three windows for games in December (Dec. 14-17, Dec. 21-23 and Dec. 28-31).

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                This is the siutation with the schedule. They're using windows of 3 days instead of a solid date for scheduling. So if I understand this correctly you have a 3 day window to play a game against Opponent A, then a break, then a 3 day window for Opponent B, etc until you round robin everyone twice for 20 games.

                                The AAC Tournament is still in Fort Worth. I doubt they have a choice here due to the contract that was signed with Dickies Arena. As of now that would occur with limited fans in attendance if the Conference wants that . The Governor of Texas just opened stuff up to 50% capacity this week and allowed bars to open pending county commisioner's decisions.

                                https://gobearcats.com/news/2020/10/...r-2020-21.aspx
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

                                Comment

                                Responsive Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X