Strength Coach Mike Rehfeldt to UConn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strength Coach Mike Rehfeldt to UConn

Mike Rehfeldt to UConn, per BCJ https://247sports.com/college/cincin...onn-148574848/

That is surprising (particularly given that it is UConn). When Mick left to UCLA, I was very happy he stayed on board. Factor in that his wife works for WLWT here in town (and is a local), figured he'd stick around at least for the time being. UConn, which just cut four programs and has a tanking football program, is a headscratcher.

Nonetheless, best of luck to Mike - a real asset to UC and the MBB program.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 06-26-2020, 03:31 PM.

Chad Brendel/247 is reporting that Rehfeldt is heading to UConn of all places. This is significant loss for the program as he's one of the best strength and conditioning guys in the country.

Since he's married to Elise Jesse at WLWT, That might make things interesting for them unless she's also leaving town when her contract is up next.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Something to keep in mind here is that we have a New AD and the fiscal year for UC ends on 6/30
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Perhaps its Elise that got the promotion and the raise? Rehfeldt just leaving with her to take the same job and pay at another school where they’re moving?

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
          Perhaps its Elise that got the promotion and the raise? Rehfeldt just leaving with her to take the same job and pay at another school where they’re moving?
          Good point. If so, I'd hope that means ESPN- but either way, wish them the best
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 06-26-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

The strength and conditioning program has been one of the top in the country dating back to the Huggins days. Mike leaves big shoes to fill, though I think the sustained success of the program will continue.

Best wishes to Mike and Elise!!
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

UConn’s current strength coach wasn’t exactly in their good graces with some of his opinions on the current landscape of America.

Comment

They can have Hartford. Wouldn't be my choice to live.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
                  I think this is pretty likely.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Possibility we promote from within? Adam Hoffman was the Asst. S&C Coach for Basketball, so he would be up to speed on the current players and their routines. He is also the Head S&C Coach for Men’s & Women’s Golf and Diving. Finding a replacement for those sports may be easier in the short term.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatnKY View Post

Possibility we promote from within? Adam Hoffman was the Asst. S&C Coach for Basketball, so he would be up to speed on the current players and their routines. He is also the Head S&C Coach for Men’s & Women’s Golf and Diving. Finding a replacement for those sports may be easier in the short term.
                      Don't see him on the UC athletics staff directory (or the university's). Someone else also listed with golf, granted his bio looks outdated https://gobearcats.com/staff-directory

I am not familiar with Adam -- but, if he is on staff, you might be right about the short term possibilities
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 06-30-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

They said they would do a nationwide search for a replacement. I'm sure that includes looking at some internal candidates if they apply for the job posting. It might be posted as soon as tomorrow when the fiscal year rolls over.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I’m basing this strictly off his Instagram, so he may no longer be on staff. He seems to be knowledgeable on the drills that Rehfeldt implemented for the players.

Comment

Just throwing this out there but Eric Hicks is a strength and conditioning trainer these days. Wonder if he has the credentials to apply for this? Anyone worked with him?
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Just throwing this out there but Eric Hicks is a strength and conditioning trainer these days. Wonder if he has the credentials to apply for this? Anyone worked with him?
                              Wow! If Eric could get guys pumped up like he was and instill his work ethic, the Cats would be unstoppable!
                              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X