David DeJulius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David DeJulius

Cross your fingers. The NCAA just granted DJ Carton a waiver to play this season for Marquette. Good omen. Slightly different scenario but close enough that this could be good news for David.
    Last edited by Lobot; 06-17-2020, 06:37 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

That would be great news....

Comment

But, will Juwan Howard be as cooperative as Chris Holtmann? The Wolverines have to concur and we haven't had great success from up there.

Comment

I would think that DeJulius has a more favorable case as he signed with a coach that left for the Nba. What was Carton's reason for getting the waiver if any? I don't think he's from Milwaukee and i know there was not a coaching change at either Marquette or Osu.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          I would think that DeJulius has a more favorable case as he signed with a coach that left for the Nba. What was Carton's reason for getting the waiver if any? I don't think he's from Milwaukee and i know there was not a coaching change at either Marquette or Osu.
          The short version is Carton was told there was no longer a spot for him. I've heard rumors it was a health issue that caused him to miss some games.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

The short version is Carton was told there was no longer a spot for him. I've heard rumors it was a health issue that caused him to miss some games.
            Carton stepped away from the team for mental health reasons, which was publicly acknowledged and praised at the time by Holtmann and the University. While I don't have knowledge of what happened when he returned to campus and what transpired after the season, I think you're clearly dealing with apples and oranges when talking about a coaching change vs. someone who announced mental health concerns. (And I think the NCAA has to be especially sensitive when looking at a case involving mental health or what came into play in Justin Fields' FB transfer from UGA to Ohio State).
            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 06-29-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

When will we know if David is granted a waiver ? What's the timeline by the NCAA ?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Carton stepped away from the team for mental health reasons, which was publicly acknowledged and praised at the time by Holtmann and the University. While I don't have knowledge of what happened when he returned to campus and what transpired after the season, I think you're clearly dealing with apples and oranges when talking about a coaching change vs. someone who announced mental health concerns. (And I think the NCAA has to be especially sensitive when looking at a case involving mental health or what came into play in Justin Fields' FB transfer from UGA to Ohio State).
                This is correct. I only had hearsay on it which is why I wasn't more specific. Despite my original take on this, It is an apples to oranges comparison. I think the fact that they granted Carton a waiver to play right away is the right thing to do but it's a different situation than DeJulius' transfer reason entirely. If there's a still a positive here for DeJulius it's that they are in fact granting waivers after shelving the one time transfer thing until next year.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                  When will we know if David is granted a waiver ? What's the timeline by the NCAA ?
                  No clue. Some players have already been granted waivers. Last year Chris Vogt wasn’t granted a waiver until 2 weeks before the season. It could really be anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

This is correct. I only had hearsay on it which is why I wasn't more specific. Despite my original take on this, It is an apples to oranges comparison. I think the fact that they granted Carton a waiver to play right away is the right thing to do but it's a different situation than DeJulius' transfer reason entirely. If there's a still a positive here for DeJulius it's that they are in fact granting waivers after shelving the one time transfer thing until next year.
                    Ask James Hudson how that worked out. Talk about a double standard.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X