No announcement yet.

Update on the 2020 Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 min video clip with John Brannen providing a "fall update," largely with audio over clips of the team practicing https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...15059470098433

A few observations:
    - Davenport looks healthy
    - Ivanauskas flashing good on-court leadership
    - Good chemistry among teammates
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 10-06-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Zach Harvey looked bulked up & solid in the clip.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
        Zach Harvey looked bulked up & solid in the clip.
        Continuing a long tradition of Bearcat strength and conditioning success.

One has to wonder what they eat. Does the team have a nutritionist? I have heard the say your physique is 90% what you eat and only 10% how you train. Curious if our history of success isn't more tied to food choices, like when Gary Clark comment about Jarron giving up his McDonald's before seeing real gains in the weight room.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Someone elsewhere noted that Lakhin is not in the video. Guessing here but he hasn't been on campus long and may be in quarantine since he just got here from Russia.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Seen the vid twice and dont see Dejulius. Dont mean anything in particular I may be just overlooking him.

Comment

DeJulius is #0.

Comment

I spotted him now thanks RCL

Comment

Here's a good piece in The Athletic ($) by Justin Williams on the difficulties Brannen & Company are facing in the Covid-19 era. One point of note: CJB said he probably won't sign anyone until the spring period, which he said probably will include more transfers. He doesn't want to break from his insistence that he have the ability to assess a player deeply, which he can't do with the dead period extended throughout the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                    Here's a good piece in The Athletic ($) by Justin Williams on the difficulties Brannen & Company are facing in the Covid-19 era. One point of note: CJB said he probably won't sign anyone until the spring period, which he said probably will include more transfers. He doesn't want to break from his insistence that he have the ability to assess a player deeply, which he can't do with the dead period extended throughout the rest of the year.
                    This seems slightly risky but I get why he's doing it. After missing on Lucas Taylor in the 2021 class, We're running out of uncommitted players we're interested in. There's still a few out there but especially in Shane Dezonie's case, I don't think the players themselves will commit in the fall anyway.

This quarantine induced dead period is not doing anyone any favors on the recruiting trail.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

There are still a lot of uncommitted players in the top 150 group when i looked last week, and with coaching changes, etc. which always open guys up in April/May it's probably the best strategy. His priorities are likely one or two front court players, and i'm sure he would like at least one transfer in the that group given Viktor is in his first year. I also wouldn't be surprised if he isn't looking to see how working with Viktor and a true foreign player works out. I don't believe he has coached many foreign players to date, but given Brannen likes post kids to be able to pass it's definitely a skill set easier to find in foreign players. Probably the other wild card this season is if Eason really settles in more as a 4 or a 3. He's going to be a 30 minute a game player here, and with his skill set it will be interesting to see how he rebounds the ball at the college level with his game which isn't really a true 4. You get a much better idea after a season of competition(we hope!).

Comment

The first of a series of features on the new guys - here is Mike Saunders (about 2 mins) https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...48161021485059

Comment

Great feature on Saunders. I think this team is going to have some savvy!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            The first of a series of features on the new guys - here is Mike Saunders (about 2 mins) https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...48161021485059
                            Mason Madsen https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...13657362812931

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X