Update on the 2020 Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I couldn't agree more... They basically just sit, unless they workout on their own.
    Why wouldn't a freshman just redshirt? That way he can train and participate in practice, receive coaching and generally just be a part of the team? Going to put a huge strain on next years squad. Just no way around it.

Also, recruiting rankings don't mean sh#t. Huggs proved it. Mick proved it. Now Brannen proved it.

Comment

• If Im correct its only Gabe that has opted out and so its just for this season. Unless he enters the portal he should be back. According to his twitter the covid has got him clastiphobic ?( only doing school work and basketball in a bubble). My guess is he has a gf at home. A redshirt is still required have to attend team activities ( and school work). The only bad thing is he is not working on his bball skills, especially those that he now lacks, ( defense) and puts him way behind for next year. I would hope the coach would give some direction as to what he could do in the interim to aid in this lack while opting out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat1996 View Post

Why wouldn't a freshman just redshirt? That way he can train and participate in practice, receive coaching and generally just be a part of the team? Going to put a huge strain on next years squad. Just no way around it.

Also, recruiting rankings don't mean sh#t. Huggs proved it. Mick proved it. Now Brannen proved it.

I would think if the Madsen's or just Gabe opt out instead of red shirting, they might not return to the team.... Which is what I was thinking...

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I truly wonder if the Madsen's will return to the Program next year... I have a feeling they will not be back.
          Mason is still here so there's that. Gabe has essentially taken a mental health day(season) and I"m not going to fault him for that. Mason has said as much. This year has been tough on everyone and I think we owe Gabe the benefit of the doubt here. 2020 has been terrible all around.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Keep this thread a little lighter - tweets from Justin Williams:

- John Brannen said the #Bearcats had a wiffle ball game in the practice arena over the holiday to break up some of the monotony of the pandemic season. Coaches vs players. When Zach Harvey asked how many innings they were playing, Brannen said until the coaches won. (It went 6.)
            - The wiffle ball game came up during a discussion on the difficulties & challenges for players this season. Brannen mentioned the team hasn't had a meal together in a restaurant since the night before the conference tournament was canceled in March.
            - Asked how the players were at wiffle ball, Brannen mentioned Sam Martin was pretty good, and that Tari Eason may have hit a homer the coaches called foul. "DeJulius, thank God he plays basketball."
            - Brannen: "They don't get to go home to their family. I get to go home to Lisa & the kids. They don't. Not on weekends or off days. This bubble for us is real...Our guys are going back to their rooms more by themselves. It's more challenging than I probably anticipated."
            - Brannen on the urgency to win in the midst of a five-game losing streak: "This is Cincinnati, so you always have a sense of urgency. Ya know, I mean...yeah. It's not fun to be inside my head right now. Or on a daily basis."
            - More from Brannen: "I think we're closer to understanding who we are and what we can be. This time of year we're usually 16 games in...Losing needs to be done. We need to start winning games."

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X