Update on the 2020 Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the 2020 Team

So.. now that things are "opening back up"... do we know if there is an actual timeline for the new players to come to campus ?
    I've not seen anything yet on Michael Rehfeldt's twitter although he did post a picture from last summer's workouts.
    Would be nice to see the players starting to make plans to be on campus... Whats the word ?

There's no timeline out there right now that I'm aware of. There's a invitation only UCATS video conference with John Cunningham on Friday morning that might explain some of that though. I'm going to try and make that.

There are some athletes on campus still because they had nowhere else to go, like Mamadou Diarra.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      There's no timeline out there right now that I'm aware of. There's a invitation only UCATS video conference with John Cunningham on Friday morning that might explain some of that though. I'm going to try and make that.

There are some athletes on campus still because they had nowhere else to go, like Mamadou Diarra.

Brent.... How many open scholarships do we have left?

Comment

There are three scholarships yet to be confirmed, one each for Vogt and Williams. There is one open scholarship when Prince transferred.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

NCAA just set the voluntary workout date for June 1. Paging Mr Rehfeldt.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

DeJulius May not get a waiver They killed the one time transfer waiver until 2021
            Last edited by Lobot; 05-21-2020, 12:39 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Denied isn’t going to get a waiver . They killed the one time transfer waiver until 2021
              Does this mean DeJulius was denied or he has to await answer on his personal transfer waiver application and not the blanket waiver? Or we know DeJulius is sitting out a year.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Does this mean DeJulius was denied or he has to await answer on his personal transfer waiver application and not the blanket waiver? Or we know DeJulius is sitting out a year.
                I don't know enough about the process, but I assume there is still a chance. I don't think the odds are great, but I would have never thought Vogt would have been cleared last year. So you never know -- unless Lobot or someone can state with certainty there is no chance.

Team will be better to have him play next year, but long term it might not be a bad thing to have him for the following two years.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

That was a massive typo on my part. He’s going to have to submit a personal transfer waiver. I have no idea whether it would be approved but there was a coaching change there so I would guess it would be approved if they take that into consideration.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but what coaching change occurred? DeJulius was recruited by Howard was he not ? And Howard is still there. What am I missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      Excuse my ignorance but what coaching change occurred? DeJulius was recruited by Howard was he not ? And Howard is still there. What am I missing.
                      Howard just finished his first season at Michigan. DeJulius was a sophomore. John Beilein recruit.

Comment

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I couldnt figure out why DeJulius wanted to transfer although Im excited for him to be a bearcat but now it makes sense.

Comment

I'm not sure there's a real logic to the waiver or not to begin with, but Howard wasn't hired until almost the end of May 19 so it was a little late for guys to move at that point. Probably the best thing to go in his favor from that lean is the number of guys who transferred at his first season, 3 i believe and counting. We'll see, you never know on this kind of deal. That's why the Ncaa needs to make a change.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X