No announcement yet.

Chris Vogt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any official word yet on Vogt or Williams draft status?

Comment

I haven't seen anything official but I can't imagine either of these going anywhere but back to UC next year.

Comment

Chris Vogt has retained GoEmpire Group out of Chicago as representation. I don't think this really changes anything as far as eligibility is concerned under the current system.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rothstein just confirmed I was right about his eligibility. This is the same group that reps Jaevin Cumberland. The thing I notice most in looking at the client list is that almost all of them are international players.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That is somewhat interesting though as i guess Vogt could receive a decent offer overseas. His size is a big plus. Might not be Nba, but it's still potentially very good money. I think he definitely would be better coming back, and i expect he'll make a good decision as i think he really leans on Brannen's judgement for obvious reasons. He's been a good fit for him.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
              That is somewhat interesting though as i guess Vogt could receive a decent offer overseas. His size is a big plus. Might not be Nba, but it's still potentially very good money. I think he definitely would be better coming back, and i expect he'll make a good decision as i think he really leans on Brannen's judgement for obvious reasons. He's been a good fit for him.
              The question for him is... how much higher can his ceiling realistically get? He’s clearly not going to develop a jumper. His FG% doesn’t have much room to go higher. He can work on pick and roll defense and rebounding but even if he increases those things a little bit this year how much will that actually change his offers?

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

The question for him is... how much higher can his ceiling realistically get? He’s clearly not going to develop a jumper. His FG% doesn’t have much room to go higher. He can work on pick and roll defense and rebounding but even if he increases those things a little bit this year how much will that actually change his offers?
                For someone with pro aspirations that is not on the NBA radar, wouldn't it seem like the safest bet is to return to school regardless? I'd hate to see a bunch of kids this year (who, in their minds, are done with school and want to get paid to play) banking on overseas contracts during the pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

For someone with pro aspirations that is not on the NBA radar, wouldn't it seem like the safest bet is to return to school regardless? I'd hate to see a bunch of kids this year (who, in their minds, are done with school and want to get paid to play) banking on overseas contracts during the pandemic.
                  Money talks. In the end I THINK he will end up coming back. But you can only make money off basketball for so long and I wouldn’t be mad if he was doing what’s best for him by extending that window as long as possible by leaving a year early.

Comment

https://youtu.be/pgoDO-kx4MA

Comment

In case you were wondering why Vogt fell off off so much in the back half of the season last year, he just told AAC media that he had a torn labrum in his shoulder and played hurt the last half of the conference schedule.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks like Vogt is done here. Just announced he was going in for shoulder surgery this afternoon.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Looks like Vogt is done here. Just announced he was going in for shoulder surgery this afternoon.
                          Has entered the transfer portal, per @VerbalCommits

Comment

You know, I'm just going to say this and it might ruffle some feathers.

If Brannen was terrible, why the heck did Vogt follow him? I mean there were some rumors about Brannen's personality changing but if Brannen was in fact awful, this is bordering on Stockholm Syndrome by Vogt. I truly don't get it.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              You know, I'm just going to say this and it might ruffle some feathers.

If Brannen was terrible, why the heck did Vogt follow him? I mean there were some rumors about Brannen's personality changing but if Brannen was in fact awful, this is bordering on Stockholm Syndrome by Vogt. I truly don't get it.
                              Brannen was better with certain players than others. Vogt was the worst player on the team and he started. A great deal if you’re Vogt. Intolerable if you’re Tari Eason. The fan base is begging for Eason to come back, but I haven’t heard a single person calling for the return of Vogt. That says it all.
                              My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Brannen was better with certain players than others. Vogt was the worst player on the team and he started. A great deal if you’re Vogt. Intolerable if you’re Tari Eason. The fan base is begging for Eason to come back, but I haven’t heard a single person calling for the return of Vogt. That says it all.

Oh Brent, that's actually really funny... Sorry, I had to Google Stockholm Syndrome... Not gonna lie.... LMAO

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X