No announcement yet.

Chris Vogt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why some people have to keep ragging on C Vogt. It is true that he is no Kenyon Martin, but let's face it, not many players are. He filled a huge void for us and played hard. Let's hope that he can be even more productive next season. I am also really excited about this team. GO CATS!

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Kenyon's Junior is when he started to turn it around, and comparing Vogt's FT% over Kenyon's, big deal! In every other aspect of the game, Kenyon dominated him, and always will! Austin made a harmless statement " He's no Kenyon Martin " and it gets blown out of proportion once again!
      Nobody's blowing anything out of proportion. It's just demonstrating that their production was very similar in their junior seasons, on in the AAC and one in CUSA. Nobody expects Vogt to replicate Kenyon's senior season, but it does illustrate that guys become better players each year, and ultimately Martin's production thru the same period wasn't much different.
      Cincinnati CUSA 22 10.6 1.2 1.8 .650 1.2 1.8 .650 0.0 0.0 0.5 1.5 .313 3.4 0.5 0.6 1.1 0.7 2.3 2.8 5.44
      Cincinnati CUSA 30 4.1 6.6 .626 4.1 6.6 .629 0.0 0.0 .000 1.7 3.5 .476 8.9 1.4 1.0 2.8 9.9 4.98
      Cincinnati CUSA 33 27.3 4.3 7.5 .573 4.3 7.5 .575 0.0 0.0 .000 1.5 2.7 .562 6.9 1.5 1.1 2.4 2.0 3.3 10.1 7.70

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

Nobody's blowing anything out of proportion. It's just demonstrating that their production was very similar in their junior seasons, on in the AAC and one in CUSA. Nobody expects Vogt to replicate Kenyon's senior season, but it does illustrate that guys become better players each year, and ultimately Martin's production thru the same period wasn't much different.
        Cincinnati CUSA 22 10.6 1.2 1.8 .650 1.2 1.8 .650 0.0 0.0 0.5 1.5 .313 3.4 0.5 0.6 1.1 0.7 2.3 2.8 5.44
        Cincinnati CUSA 30 4.1 6.6 .626 4.1 6.6 .629 0.0 0.0 .000 1.7 3.5 .476 8.9 1.4 1.0 2.8 9.9 4.98
        Cincinnati CUSA 33 27.3 4.3 7.5 .573 4.3 7.5 .575 0.0 0.0 .000 1.5 2.7 .562 6.9 1.5 1.1 2.4 2.0 3.3 10.1 7.70

Your leaving out one important ingredient....Supporting Cast.... Vogt was counted on to do more this year, and rec'd the ball a lot more down low....because UC really had no other Big Men in the beginning... Martin however had a much more talented Front Court surrounding him.... Fletcher , Tate , & Little.....

Versus's what ? Sorrolla & Diarra at the end who start playing extremely well over the last (5) games....

So you left out the biggest factor of all, supporting cast who also were counted on to score & rebound...

Switch the two? What would Vogt's Production look like with those three? Versus Kenyon with Sorrolla and Diarra?

If you're going to do a comparison, do not leave out the supporting cast.

Comment

I agree with the supporting cast theory 100%. Vogt and Scott were in a much more difficult position because we could not get any consistency to our perimeter game at all this year. It's a heck of a lot harder as a big guy whether it's Vogt or Scott to get points down low when the guys on the perimeter struggle to knock down shots with any consistency at all. Vogt and Scott averaged the same 11 pts per game and honestly anyone would have been tickled to get 25 to 30 pts and 15 to 20 rebounds out of the entire front court(4&5) going into the season, not to mention their fg %. Martin that year had Pete M. on the squad which made life a lot easier. He was the biggest offensive threat on that team. Fletcher and Tate played the most minutes but didn't score a lot. LIttle rarely played. Nobody is saying they're equivalents. They don't even play the same position as Martin is a small 4 by Nba standards now at 6'8 and Vogt is a true 5 at 7'1. The only point is at this point in their career their contributions are not that much different statistically, and it shows guys can get better and improve which both of them did/have.

Comment

Why anyone compares a current player to a past player is beyond me.
            I'm looking forward to seeing Chris play next year.

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post
              I agree, hopefully he gets better, returns and has a chance to play professionally somewhere and make some money. Given the hand we were dealt we were fortunate to get him in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                It always easy to compare guys in hindsight when a guy becomes a player of the year in his final season. To be honest, there was no one who predicted he would be that going into the season either. Kenyon's junior season is almost identical stat wise to Vogts. Vogt actually had a slightly higher ft %. Kenyon was very bad his first several years at the ft line. Two different type guys. Comparing guys to a national player of the year is a bit out of the realm of judging guys who are/can be very productive.
                I just meant in terms of playing style and toughness.

Why I said he ll get swallowed up/eaten up in the paint in NBA.

The fact you only turned to FT shooting kinda proves my point.

and of course i was using it for hyperbole too rather than a direct comp.

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post
                  I was just saying as even though I know rebounding isnt a 1 man game, he got out rebounded by nearly double by a guy 5 inches smaller than him!

A lot of that is down to hussle and game speed in a league where trad 5s are dying esp if u dont shoot 3s!

How is Chris going to adapt at 21yo?

Comment

In the end Chris will be back after getting NBA level feedback and he'll have things to work on. He's got time to get better.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by AustinTX88 View Post

I was just saying as even though I know rebounding isnt a 1 man game, he got out rebounded by nearly double by a guy 5 inches smaller than him!

A lot of that is down to hussle and game speed in a league where trad 5s are dying esp if u dont shoot 3s!

How is Chris going to adapt at 21yo?
                      I agree he needs to learn to play a lot tougher, needs to learn to not get lured into foul trouble and especially needs to learn to not get bullied by smaller players and I personally think he will learn those things.
                      That's why a lot of players seem to really come on to their own during their senior year.

Comment

Chris has 0% chance of ever playing in the NBA. 30 years ago....probably a first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweep the Leg View Post
                          Chris has 0% chance of ever playing in the NBA. 30 years ago....probably a first round pick.
                          Nope. Not even 60 years ago would he have been a first round pick. Even Connie Dierking would have eaten him alive, much less Russell and Chamberlain.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Nope. Not even 60 years ago would he have been a first round pick. Even Connie Dierking would have eaten him alive, much less Russell and Chamberlain.

Agree, 100% ... Not a chance... and not even worth talking about anymore... Chris will be at UC for two more years, then playing overseas somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Agree, 100% ... Not a chance... and not even worth talking about anymore... Chris will be at UC for two more years, then playing overseas somewhere...
                              Actually, Vogt has only one year left. He played two years at NKU before transferring to UC.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Actually, Vogt has only one year left. He played two years at NKU before transferring to UC.

That's what I originally thought when he transferred... I thought I saw him listed as a Sophomore... Just looked again, had him as a Junior last year... I stand corrected....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X