Non Conference Schedule 2020-2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Im all in favor of just eliminating this series altogether. To X a win equates to their entire season being a success, whereas the UC players just see it as another game. The hype that goes on in the week of is insufferable not to mention the the lack of cordiality from them after a win.
    To be fair, X has had a great deal of success aside from this one game a year, more so than we have seen thus far this century. This game is exciting for the entire community. Many alums in the area, plus many kids get introduced to both schools at a young age just from this game. Who knows how many ended up pursuing degrees because of initial interest garnered by this game. While I wouldn't call it a great loss, it is quite a rivalry that is easy travel for the away games and nearly always adds to strength of schedule. If we are voting, I would say keeping this game is important, unless dropping it somehow screws X
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Until UC proves to be competitive in this series, it’s sour grapes to cry that we should pull out. Find a way to dominate them, then let them cry.

Comment

I don't care about Xavier. What I would like to see is an annual 4 team basketball tournament featuring Ohio D1 public universities. How I see it, OSU and UC would play in the tournament every year, with the others, like Kent State or Toledo, rotating so that everybody gets to play in it. This tournament would be popular with the TV networks and would bring in much needed revenue, and the money would be divided between the 11 D1 public universities in Ohio. This is something that would benefit the schools, taxpayers, and the State of Ohio. It would probably take action in the state legislature, so I'm not holding my breath. I would give up the Eggs game in a nanosecond for something like this.

Comment

Tweet thread by Matt Norlander today puts all the ESPN bubble events in Orlando in doubt. I'm assuming he'll write this up into an article.

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...64281892843521

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Athletic is reporting that ESPN has canned the Orlando bubble entirely.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Tweet thread by Matt Norlander today puts all the ESPN bubble events in Orlando in doubt. I'm assuming he'll write this up into an article.

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...64281892843521
              And it's official. All Orlando events cancelled.

Comment

Matt Norlander (CBS): "...Loyola-Chicago and Cincinnati, according to sources, are teaming up for a four-school multi-team event and are looking at Indianapolis as the city to host that event. Two other teams TBD."

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Matt Norlander (CBS): "...Loyola-Chicago and Cincinnati, according to sources, are teaming up for a four-school multi-team event and are looking at Indianapolis as the city to host that event. Two other teams TBD."
                  Good to see. Maybe we get the matchup we could have had a couple years back after Mick's debacle in Nashville.

Comment

Tennessee announced it's non-schedule and it (still) includes UC -- Saturday, December 12 in Knoxville.

Jon Rothstein: Sources: Duquesne will join Cincinnati and Loyola-Chicago in an early-season MTE in Indianapolis. Event is still searching for a fourth team.
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-06-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I was hoping we might get a game together with Dayton given the Covid and wish to have buses etc. However, really haven't seen much. Thought possibly with Brannen and Grant working together it might happen.

Comment

There will be a multi team event in Sunday with UC, Loyola-Chi, and Duquesne. They are still looking for a 4th per Rothstein
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Richmond game is officially off
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            The Richmond game is officially off
                            And the Georgia game is still on... https://georgiadogs.com/news/2020/11...te-is-set.aspx (December 19 in Athens, time TBA)
                            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-12-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Has anybody seen where this is a drop dead date for scheduling games?

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                                Has anybody seen where this is a drop dead date for scheduling games?
                                Not so far.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X