X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Basketball Tournament Seeding Tiebreakers

https://theamerican.org/documents/20...Guide_copy.pdf

Page 21

Not too complicated unless/until one gets into three and four way ties. Given the current standings, it would appear Wichita State and SMU might finish 4 and 5 which might make it necessary for the #1 seed to beat
    SMU in Dallas (not on their home floor) in the semis. I don't think there's going to be too much difference in the degree of difficulty for the 2 and 3 seeds. At present, they'd be playing either Memphis or UConn (SMU has the tiebreaker over Memphis).

Current Standings

http://theamerican.org/standings.aspx?standings=59
    Last edited by bfcain1; 03-02-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Question? If Uconn beats Houston tonight, and Wichita State beats Tulsa.... And UC beats Temple.... Who wins the AAC? Houston or Cincinnati?

Comment

Cincinnati because we beat Tulsa and Houston has a loss to them
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UConn did win against Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
            UConn did win against Houston.

Yes sir, and I'm guessing Memphis Beats Wichita State tonight...Who will in turn, beat Tulsa on Senior Night.... I have a feeling it will all come down to Temple on Saturday...

Comment

.....And I still think Uconn is the most dangerous team in the division right now..

Comment

So if all that happens, who is the #1 with a 3 way record tie? Hard to believe we finish behind Tulsa after we beat them by 30.

Comment

UC is the #1 seed in a 3 way tie.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We've obviously got to beat Temple but what happens on Sunday in the rest of the conference is pretty important for seeding.

Tulsa is in a win and get the #1 seed mode. If Tulsa loses it gets scrambled because it would depend on what UC and Houston do. Tulsa loses any tiebreaker to UC and Houston based on it's record against the Bearcats.

We would get the #2 seed if Tulsa wins and we win. We own the tiebreaker over Houston based on head to head vs. Tulsa.

In the event that we lose and Memphis or Wichita St wins, UC would get the #3 seed over either them based on tiebreakers. I don't think there's a scenario where we end up in the #4 seed slot

Houston looks to me like it's almost locked into a #3 seed unless UC loses. I might be wrong here.

The 4th seed is up for grabs between Wichita St and Memphis. If they both win I think that Wichita St would win the seeding tiebreaker based on the head to head record against Tulsa. Memphis is in the same boat as UC where we only played them once. The difference is that Memphis lost that game.

The rest I'm not going to attempt except that Tulane is probably going to be the last seed unless they can stop a streaking UConn.

We're going to have wait until about 5:30 Sunday to figure all this out for sure since Tulsa plays the last game of the conference season.

Sunday Schedule

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../date/20200308

Bracket schedule.. If we get the 1 seed we play the first game on Friday at 1:00.

http://theamerican.org/tournaments/?id=227
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks for breaking it down...

Comment

Tulsa. Wichita State. 4:00 PM. CBSSN.

big shockers fan today.

Comment

Originally posted by cincybearcats2 View Post
                          tulsa. Wichita state. 4:00 pm. Cbssn.

Big shockers fan today.
                          big shocker guy!

UC will be the #1 seed and our path becomes a whole lot easier.

Comment

Up by 18 with 4 minutes left...keep your fingers crossed......This has been a wild and crazy AAC season.

Comment

UC’s path...

game 1: USF/ UCF

game 2: most likely Wichita State/Memphis

game3: most likely Houston/Tulsa

Wichita State winning today was huge for us as we get to completely avoid Houston until the championship IF we can make it that far.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X