Bracketology 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology 2020

Probably past time we started talking about bracket possibilities.

I'll start with Lunardi, who currently has us in with an 11 seed in Tampa vs. Arizona and $ean Miller.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Bracket Matrix entries have us as high as 7 and as low is not in. This website is not secure so you might get a browser warning.

http://bracketmatrix.com/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Lunardi...We're still in...hmmm

Comment

I've seen everything from a 10 seed to 12 to first four out. I could live with the 12 seed honestly. I would not want to be the 5 who has to play us.

Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Our tournament starts Sunday. At this point, every game is a must.

Comment

I think we could lose at Houston, win out, even lose tournament final, and still sneak in, we are an interesting case, only 3 total quad 4 games, Wichita had 10

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
            I think we could lose at Houston, win out, even lose tournament final, and still sneak in, we are an interesting case, only 3 total quad 4 games, Wichita had 10
            Here are the three Quad 4 games (for now):

AL A&M at home (#340)
            ECU at home (#199) [ECU on the road is safely Quad 3]
            IL State on a neutral floor (#212)

Tulane on the road (#180) is safely Quad 3
            Drake at home (#158) is Quad 3 [That would change if they drop below #160 by season's end]
            BGSU on a neutral floor (#153) is safely Quad 3
            Valpo on a neutral floor (#138) is safely Quad 3
            UNLV at home (#123) is safely Quad 3
            Vermont at home (#68) is Quad 2
            Colgate at home (#121) is safely Quad 3
            OH State, IA, TN and the other AAC teams are nowhere near Quad 4

Still, the Bearcats' OOC SOS was significantly tougher than that of the Shockers. In fact, of the Top 45 teams in KenPom (UC presently sit at #45), only nine teams registered better adjusted OOC SOS. The Cats rank #65 in that category, while the Shockers are at #199. As would be expected, a ton of the highest OOC schedules were collected by the bottom feeder programs that got paid to be fodder.
            Last edited by swilsonsp4; 02-21-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I wanna say Drake has a huge senior day game coming up next weekend against UNI. Would really help our schedule while also knocking another bubble team down.

WSU is getting a little too much love by the "experts" in my opinion. I believe this due to their SOS but also their best non conf wins are dropping a bit since they won those games. The good thing is, I think we are ahead of them if we beat them again.. which bumps us over yet another bubble team. one could even argue we don't even have to make the aac title game to still have a chance. Good news is, we can still comfortably get in if we finish 5-2 even after the ucf loss. I said it before the ucf loss, tomorrows game is the biggest of the season.. it is even more true, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
                In a very "bearcat way", I could see us beating Houston and losing to usf.. or even losing a heartbreaker to Houston and really struggling against usf... mostly because usf can defend and we will be playing them just two days after a very emotional Houston game in an entirely different city.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                  Our tournament starts Sunday. At this point, every game is a must.
                  not necessarily true with your second point here.

Comment

Lunardi has moved to a 10 seed vs. Marquette in Greensboro with Duke looming in Round 2
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wow that's definitely a lot more optimistic than what I expected. He had us as an 11 seed before the UCF fiasco. We drop that game, but beat Wichita State and we move up seed? I was expecting us to be in the First 4 Out Group.

Comment

An Indiana loss tonight at Purdue would help UC if we end up on the bubble again...

Comment

Done; thank you Purdue. I was switching between Temple/WSU and IU/PU; neither game was a thing of beauty, but there are no points given for style.

Comment

USC and UCLA won last night, both are bubble teams.

Comment

I think UC would have benefited from Indiana beating Purdue, not the other way around. IU is likely in, as long as they don't tank down the stretch. Purdue is oddly close despite a 15-14 record. Would've been better for IU to firm things up and put PU on life support, rather than both being in the mix. Bubble teams haven't done many favors for UC this week, including Rhode Island.

I heard someone mention the other day that they think UC is fine if they go 2-1. Beating Houston would be great but UC can ill-afford a fifth bad loss (USF on road would at least be Quad 2 but still outside top 100). So I don't know if I love either win at Houston but split the remaining two, or lose at Houston but hold serve against the lesser USF and Temple. So I won't feel safe unless they go 3-0, but definitely hope they make it to at least AAC title game either way with no bad loss.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X