Memphis 2/13 7:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Last night was the first game all year where UC had solid contribution from the bench... We've seen flashes at times...But Davenport and Woods were huge last night...Hopefully we'll see more contribution from those two down the stretch...
    Harvey played aggressive defense.

Comment

I agree the future is bright....But? As Doc said in the Enquirer a few weeks back.... No player since Kenyon has been more IMPORTANT to UC then Cumberland... That being said, Jarron is irreplaceable... I could be decades before we have a player of his impact again... I think back to his Freshman Season, when he took over the X Game... I / We kinda knew then just how good he was going to be...
      My concern is about the rebounding and interior defense when Vogt is getting pushed around. Hopefully he can add more muscle during the off season. Of course, I am enjoying the current team right now

Comment

Look, there are very few teams like Memphis that can put two post players in the lineup at once. One of the reasons Scott is going for big, big numbers is they're doubling Vogt. I'll take reduced Vogt numbers as long as Scott responds and he has. He's not really getting pushed around as much as it's tough to put one 5 against two 5's. Unfortunately, Vogt got the two quick fouls which kind of hampered what we could/couldn't do in there. It's hard to be physical at his size when they're calling them against you. The shorty pants kid flopped on call 1. He's a real actor, however he came out on the short end of the stick. His flop warning in the second half after hte 3 pt miss should have been his second flop. Penny still hasn't won a game in Cincy. The world is as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Steve Logan might disagree with that

Logan was one the best! Top 10 Favorite Players all time for me.... I just agree with what Doc was writing for once...

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

My concern is about the rebounding and interior defense when Vogt is getting pushed around. Hopefully he can add more muscle during the off season. Of course, I am enjoying the current team right now

Totally agree... The last (3) games have shown, Vogt is definitely getting out muscled in the paint... While not all of us have the same opinions about Vogt...I said earlier in the season, once we started playing the more physical teams in the AAC.... We would see just how Vogt would handle it... He definitely needs to bulk up, and show a little more mental toughness.... Sorollas absence over the last two games has made an impact, especially against UCONN....The real question is, who backs up Vogt next year? Eason will take Scott's place, and Diarra is not enough if Vogt gets in early foul trouble, or not playing well.

Comment

Just wanted to add that Harvey and Davenport both deserve kudos. Their both at a point where they are not intimidated. I think Davenport is going to something special in the next few few years. I was thinking it would great if he or someone else could rebound like Eric Hicks. Man that guy had the tenacity for grabbing the rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                Just wanted to add that Harvey and Davenport both deserve kudos. Their both at a point where they are not intimidated. I think Davenport is going to something special in the next few few years. I was thinking it would great if he or someone else could rebound like Eric Hicks. Man that guy had the tenacity for grabbing the rock.

Hicks and Maxiell together, might have been the best Rebounding / Shot Block Combo Huggins ever had....

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  Trevon is KMart now, 25 and 19. Wow.
                  I wouldn't go that far. Trevon has been solid all season and his last two games have been great. We couldn't have won last night without him, but I wouldn't put him at the same level as K-Mart. That being said, I agree Trevon is having a a memorable senior season and he will leave a big hole when he graduates.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                    Look, there are very few teams like Memphis that can put two post players in the lineup at once. One of the reasons Scott is going for big, big numbers is they're doubling Vogt. I'll take reduced Vogt numbers as long as Scott responds and he has. He's not really getting pushed around as much as it's tough to put one 5 against two 5's. Unfortunately, Vogt got the two quick fouls which kind of hampered what we could/couldn't do in there. It's hard to be physical at his size when they're calling them against you. The shorty pants kid flopped on call 1. He's a real actor, however he came out on the short end of the stick. His flop warning in the second half after hte 3 pt miss should have been his second flop. Penny still hasn't won a game in Cincy. The world is as it should be.
                    Bolded - I disagree with this. Vogt only played 28 minutes of regulation and not at all in overtime. Scott put up one of his best games of the year without Vogt on the floor. I like Trevon's toughness this season. The young man has worked hard to improve his game every year!

That said, we need Vogt out there too. When they are both on the floor our inside game creates trouble for any other team.

Comment

I agree the future is bright....But? As Doc said in the Enquirer a few weeks back.... No player since Kenyon has been more IMPORTANT to UC then Cumberland... That being said, Jarron is irreplaceable... I could be decades before we have a player of his impact again... I think back to his Freshman Season, when he took over the X Game... I / We kinda knew then just how good he was going to be...
                      When Jarron had to take a seat early in the first half, it became obvious what he means to this team. While Cumberland was on the bench our offense was totally lost.The team went more than six minutes without scoring a point. Luckily, we held Memphis scoreless too. We looked totally lost on offense. Jarron has really stepped up at the point guard position this year and even when he is not scroing the team depends on his leadership and the assists he provides.

Comment

I don't know if it was shown on TV, but Luke Fickell made an appearance last night. It was shown on the big screen and the arena went crazy giving him a standing ovation! It seems to energize the team too. A special moment!

Comment

Lester Quinones sure is proud of them legs of his am I right? I bet hes got the best lookin legs in college basketball mens or womens.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                            Lester Quinones sure is proud of them legs of his am I right? I bet hes got the best lookin legs in college basketball mens or womens.
                            Great minds...

Comment

I saw in The Athletic today that Mika Adams-Woods put up one stunningly excellent stat last night. He led the team at +21 (old hockey stat). That's impressive in a 6-point OT win, much less for a freshman. For those unfamiliar with the stat, UC outscored UM by 21 when MA-W was on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Bolded - I disagree with this. Vogt only played 28 minutes of regulation and not at all in overtime. Scott put up one of his best games of the year without Vogt on the floor. I like Trevon's toughness this season. The young man has worked hard to improve his game every year!

That said, we need Vogt out there too. When they are both on the floor our inside game creates trouble for any other team.
                                I'm sorry to have to point this out, but the bold part is flat wrong. Vogt went 1 for 2 on FTs in the 4 minute-plus timeframe of OT and had a dunk in the 1 minute-plus timeframe.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X